Author Topic: Emanuel To Meet Trump In New York  (Read 1330 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Emanuel To Meet Trump In New York
« on: December 07, 2016, 02:18:05 pm »

Emanuel To Meet Trump In New York
December 7, 2016 7:02 AM

CHICAGO (CBS) — A few weeks after speaking to President-elect Donald Trump about the White House transition, Mayor Rahm Emanuel was scheduled to meet with Trump in New York.

Earlier this week, the mayor confirmed Trump called him after winning the race for president, because of Emanuel’s experience as a top adviser to two presidents.

“The president-elect is aware, obviously, I’ve worked for two presidents in different positions – a senior adviser for President Clinton, chief of staff for President Obama – and I’ve worked on their transitions. I think you also know that we talked about a host of things, a host of issues,” Emanuel said.

more
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/12/07/emanuel-to-meet-trump-in-new-york/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Emanuel To Meet Trump In New York
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 02:19:56 pm »
 ****slapping

This can't be true.  Trump really isn't that stupid to meet that dead fish.?

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 02:24:43 pm »
What cabinet level position is he being considered for?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 02:29:04 pm »
 :facepalm2:

First Al Gore, now this.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 02:30:35 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 02:30:20 pm »

knob polisher.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 02:35:07 pm »

Gay outreach?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 02:37:31 pm »
****slapping

Oh!!!!! Wow.  The most liberal destructive politician in Chicago.  Corrupt and cause of corrupt politics in Chicago keeping that city one of the deadliest cities in the country.  Immediately I think of Trumps promises to the black community.  It has been the liberal politicians like Emanuel who have destroyed education and kept their cities violent and hopeless.

Our new far left liberal pResident Trump.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 02:40:43 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 02:39:24 pm »
****slapping

No one should be surprised.  Trump is a liberal Democrat.  His close advisers -- his children -- are liberals (including his Republican son).  Why would anyone not expect Trump to embrace other  liberals?

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 02:43:35 pm »
   Maybe Trumps looking out for his business interests there, you know, like he did in NY all those years.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 02:46:04 pm »
   Maybe Trumps looking out for his business interests there, you know, like he did in NY all those years.

yep
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 02:50:48 pm »
No one should be surprised.  Trump is a liberal Democrat.  His close advisers -- his children -- are liberals (including his Republican son).  Why would anyone not expect Trump to embrace other  liberals?

QFT

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 03:11:38 pm »

Trump is a secular humanist...the "art of the deal". His 70 years are shaped by a potpourri of living and working in cosmopolitan and mostly liberal New York City, and doing deals with crony capitalists and malleable and corrupt politicians around the world.

He hasn't taken office yet, but I'm not surprised by anything he's done so far. What has surprised me are the so-called "free market capitalists" who decried Obama's GM bail out, while praising Carrier's bail out.

I had a nice conversation with @nathanbedford on TOS yesterday regarding the change of philosophy among "capitalists". Yes, it's far better to remove excessive regulations and lower tax rates across the board, while swallowing anomalies like Carrier to recognize displacements caused by bad trade deals, and currently excessive taxes and regulations.

Naturally, NB was savaged by Trumpsters on TOS, IOW another day at the office.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:12:14 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 03:15:44 pm »
It will be hard to determine who the bigger scumbag in the room is.

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 03:17:33 pm »
Trump is a secular humanist...the "art of the deal". His 70 years are shaped by a potpourri of living and working in cosmopolitan and mostly liberal New York City, and doing deals with crony capitalists and malleable and corrupt politicians around the world.

He hasn't taken office yet, but I'm not surprised by anything he's done so far. What has surprised me are the so-called "free market capitalists" who decried Obama's GM bail out, while praising Carrier's bail out.

I had a nice conversation with @nathanbedford on TOS yesterday regarding the change of philosophy among "capitalists". Yes, it's far better to remove excessive regulations and lower tax rates across the board, while swallowing anomalies like Carrier to recognize displacements caused by bad trade deals, and currently excessive taxes and regulations.

Naturally, NB was savaged by Trumpsters on TOS, IOW another day at the office.

At what point do the anomalies become the rule?  And when will you then decry them?

Offline Longiron

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 03:19:35 pm »

Ivanka and his son in law Kushner are LIBS. The rest of the kids are NOT. Nice try though! :whistle:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 03:24:38 pm »
At what point do the anomalies become the rule?  And when will you then decry them?

Many of us have questioned the Carrier deal in these forums. I won't say I "decried" it, though.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 04:02:36 pm »
Ivanka and his son in law Kushner are LIBS. The rest of the kids are NOT. Nice try though! :whistle:

Pay attention.  They might be Republicans, but they are still liberals.   Republican and conservative are not the same thing.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 04:05:41 pm »
Pay attention.  They might be Republicans, but they are still liberals.   Republican and conservative are not the same thing.

Conservatives no longer matter to the UniParty, or to Trump. Our silence will be thunderous in 2018, for if the Republicans in Congress fail to govern and act on their majorities (tax reform, immigration, etc.), they risk losing their majorities when we sit on our hands.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 04:59:17 pm »

100 % AGREE that Republicans and Conservatives are not the same thing. You have Republican Conservatives and just ask any Republican if they are Conservative and they will say YES!. Yes Paul Ryan, McConnell, McShame "etc" are all Republican Conservatives. They hijacked the word Conservative and took the meaning out of the word. However, TRUMP and the Deplorables are American Conservatives and they are 100 % different than Republican conservatives. The American Conservatives want Small Gov't, Secure border including the WALL, Strong Military, Want the rule of LAW to be enforced, the SWAMP drained, illegal aliens vetted, Strong Economy and jobs for the USA , and they want to make America great, safe and Proud Again. The Republican Conservatives have a problem with that, too bad! We WON you LOST. 22222frying pan

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 05:10:46 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 05:13:48 pm »
...We WON you LOST.

I'm gonna wait a few years before I declare who the winners and losers are. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline corbe

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 05:16:37 pm »
100 % AGREE that Republicans and Conservatives are not the same thing. You have Republican Conservatives and just ask any Republican if they are Conservative and they will say YES!. Yes Paul Ryan, McConnell, McShame "etc" are all Republican Conservatives. They hijacked the word Conservative and took the meaning out of the word. However, TRUMP and the Deplorables are American Conservatives and they are 100 % different than Republican conservatives. The American Conservatives want Small Gov't, Secure border including the WALL, Strong Military, Want the rule of LAW to be enforced, the SWAMP drained, illegal aliens vetted, Strong Economy and jobs for the USA , and they want to make America great, safe and Proud Again. The Republican Conservatives have a problem with that, too bad! We WON you LOST. 22222frying pan

I fail to see the difference in your groups 'American' Conservative and 'Republican' Conservative in actions alone they both voted for a NY Liberal believing all these things will be accomplished.

A 'TRUE' Conservative does not believe a Liberal is anything other than a Liberal, no matter how much polish you use on that turd, it's still a turd.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 05:21:23 pm »

:bigsilly:

You consider electing someone who is merrily repudiating all the promises he made to you a win?

I cannot wait to see the head-in-the-sand mental gymnastics Trump-lovers will get up to trying to explain how Trumps retention of Obamas immigration plans is somehow consistent with all of the anti-immigrant blather Trump fed you during the campaign.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 05:24:23 pm »
We WON you LOST. 22222frying pan

That attitude worked out really well for Obama, not so for his party.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 05:34:45 pm »
I'm gonna wait a few years before I declare who the winners and losers are.

I think we will know sooner than that.
Support the USO