Author Topic: Al Gore: Ivanka Trump Is ‘Very Concerned’ About Climate Change  (Read 2722 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Former Vice President Al Gore had kind words on Monday night for Ivanka Trump, following his meeting earlier with her and President-elect Donald Trump to discuss climate change.

“It’s no secret that Ivanka Trump is very committed to having a climate policy that makes sense for our country and for our world and that was certainly evident in the conversation that I had with her,” the global warming activist and “Inconvenient Truth” star told MSNBC. “I appreciate the fact that she is very concerned about this.” Gore would not go into specifics but called his conversation with Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump as “a very intelligent exchange.”.....

http://forward.com/news/national/356208/al-gore-ivanka-trump-is-very-concerned-about-climate-change/

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Al Gore: Ivanka Trump Is ‘Very Concerned’ About Climate Change
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 06:33:51 pm »
Oh boy...........

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 06:54:23 pm »
I really don't care what Ivanka is concerned about, I don't recall her being on any ballot and I'm really fed up with family members of those who were elected being given authority to jack the American taxpayer around.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 06:55:27 pm »
Oh boy...........

Any sane human being would be concerned about climate change. Concerned enough to discard any bogus information trying for political reasons, to assign its cause to human beings.

The only legitimate attitude about climate change is to ascertain what, if anything should be done about it and including in that appraisal a cost-benefit analysis.

Simply talking to algore is not a guarantee that the Trump administration will reverse course about treating it as it should be treated - a scam that a lot of people support for political reasons and that a lot of people believe because they are misinformed.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:55:49 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 07:09:44 pm »
Michelle Obama was very concerned about the food our kids were getting at school - and we all know how that turned out.   I am very worried that Ivanka will be the Climate Change Zar. Or will Trump give that job directly to Al Gore?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 09:23:06 pm »
I really don't care what Ivanka is concerned about, I don't recall her being on any ballot and I'm really fed up with family members of those who were elected being given authority to jack the American taxpayer around.

I totally agree.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 09:36:16 pm »
Yeah, leftist first ladies (and I use that term loosely in reference to the last two) ended the long standing tradition of First Ladies concerning themselves mostly with non-political and non-governmental concerns.

Hill-O-Lies stuck her nose into everything and everything else (generally with disastrous or feckless results).

GWB's wife Laura was a graceful, much-liked First Lady who was known to be just that -a lady. She did a lot of cool things but returned to the traditional activities of First Ladies of generations past and refrained from getting too political.

One can only hope that Mrs. Trump is more in line with the Republican traditions than the 'Crats, despite the latters' proclivity to licentiousness and abandonment of U.S. traditions.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 09:42:50 pm »
She's also concerned about how women pay for their nannies.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 09:43:44 pm »
Oh boy...........

You got that right. 

Offline rodamala

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 09:44:55 pm »
Any sane human being would be concerned about climate change. Concerned enough to discard any bogus information trying for political reasons, to assign its cause to human beings.

I am concerned about the 1-5 inches of Lake Effect snow in my short term forecast.  Still the same you may question my sanity.  I do!

Offline rodamala

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 09:49:43 pm »
Yeah, leftist first ladies (and I use that term loosely in reference to the last two) ended the long standing tradition of First Ladies concerning themselves mostly with non-political and non-governmental concerns.

Hill-O-Lies stuck her nose into everything and everything else (generally with disastrous or feckless results).

GWB's wife Laura was a graceful, much-liked First Lady who was known to be just that -a lady. She did a lot of cool things but returned to the traditional activities of First Ladies of generations past and refrained from getting too political.

One can only hope that Mrs. Trump is more in line with the Republican traditions than the 'Crats, despite the latters' proclivity to licentiousness and abandonment of U.S. traditions.

As far as the dignity, class, and graciousness of First Ladies, I believe Laura Bush was amongst the top 2...  Second only to Grace Coolidge.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 10:02:26 pm »
As far as the dignity, class, and graciousness of First Ladies, I believe Laura Bush was amongst the top 2...  Second only to Grace Coolidge.
Dolly Madison was tops in my opinion.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 12:45:45 am »

@LateForLunch

What climate change would that be, exactly?  Global warming or the coming ice age?  I can't keep straight just what catastrophe I'm supposed to be panicking over.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 07:12:56 am »
@LateForLunch

What climate change would that be, exactly?  Global warming or the coming ice age?  I can't keep straight just what catastrophe I'm supposed to be panicking over.

hah hah well stated.

Recent studies show that negative effects from any sort of global atmospheric warming trend (which has still not been strongly substantiated)would not become operative for another century or so. In the mean time, the effects would be far more positive than negative.

Far more people die from cold than heat on this planet (it is cold weather that mostly drives the mechanisms of draughts and famine because cold air currents dominate pressure changes in large areas of the globe).

Cold weather is far more connected to crop failures in northern and southern latitudes. Draughts are still not fully understood (nor are most of the most troublesome weather problems) and though they are a factor in equatorial regions, waxing and recession of desert conditions are cyclic, which means that they have happened for millions of years and will continue to happen for millions of years.

Adaptation to climate is a far more rational area of research and investigation than weather/climate control. 

Offline Leto

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 03:25:33 pm »
Well the deeply concerned Ivanka could start by eliminating HER trips on private jets and massive CO2 creating lifestyle.

Bitch.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 03:44:47 pm »
Well the deeply concerned Ivanka could start by eliminating HER trips on private jets and massive CO2 creating lifestyle.

Bitch.

hah hah tell us how you really feel! I am fully sympathetic to your POV.

That being said, there are two big reasons I don't worry much about such things. First Ivanka is not the first lady, she is a daughter of the First Lady.

The second is that glad-handing adversaries is a time-honored tradition (so it may not be as bad as it looks). There is an old truism that if you have a meal or drink tea with people you are fighting, it is more likely that a constructive dialectic can be established than if you never see or speak to each other outside "the battlefield".

That is linked to the principle expounded in the Art of War that the best way to defeat an enemy is to convert them into a friend or ally. If that means you put aside ego or enmity in order to talk business, then that is part of the package.

I despise algore because I consider him to be a greedy, deeply-manipulative, utterly craven con-man and a cacogen of the worst description. But U.S. political history is full of successful alliances made between decent people and cacogenic scum for the betterment of the nation. Lincoln was a master of that and so to some extent was George Washington as were the Founders who got the Constitution ratified in 1787.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:51:04 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 06:30:20 pm »

The only legitimate attitude about climate change is to ascertain what, if anything should be done about it and including in that appraisal a cost-benefit analysis.

Simply talking to algore is not a guarantee that the Trump administration will reverse course about treating it as it should be treated - a scam that a lot of people support for political reasons and that a lot of people believe because they are misinformed.

I disagree.
Your first sentence could have come straight out of Al Gore's mouth,"Any sane human being would be concerned about climate change."
We all know where Al Gore stands on this issue, even to the point of putting out information that even he knows to be untrue.
Why "simply" talk to him at all, unless you are of the same mindset?
To what benefit?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 02:04:25 am »

You'd better care.  With Melania staying in New York, Ivanka is gonna be the de facto First Lady and given Trump's rather unnatural affection for her, she may have a lot of influence with him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 02:08:48 am »
I disagree.
Your first sentence could have come straight out of Al Gore's mouth,"Any sane human being would be concerned about climate change."
We all know where Al Gore stands on this issue, even to the point of putting out information that even he knows to be untrue.
To what benefit?

There are still people who appear to be sane who are convinced that 97% of scientists believe in man-made global warming.  Or, man-made climate change.  None of those people are willing to make the slightest change in their own lifestyles though.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 04:18:09 pm »
Can ya'll imagine what Bill and Chelsea would be pushing for under President Hillary? *hmmmm*
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2016, 04:23:30 pm »
I disagree.
To what benefit?

Not at all Groucho! Accepting climate change ( if it is indeed happening, which I don't accept) has nothing to do with accepting AGW.

And the value of talking with the Reality Denier algore is simply this: optics.

Now if algore starts complaining about being ignored, Trump can respond, "Well, we even invited you to the White House to make your case and we found that it was not a compelling case. So stop whining! We don't hate you but we disagree with you and so do most of the American People, get over it."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:50:31 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 04:27:46 pm »
There are still people who appear to be sane who are convinced that 97% of scientists believe in man-made global warming.  Or, man-made climate change.  None of those people are willing to make the slightest change in their own lifestyles though.

That's a good point for sure,  Emjay.

You may be reassured by the fact that the only repository of faith or strong belief in AGW is in ('Crat) government and leftist entities only. Strong AGW belief is almost solely and exclusively in the domain of leftists (and a few scab RINOs).

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 05:28:12 pm »
Dolly Madison was tops in my opinion.

Totally agree about Laura Bush.  Didn't know Mizzis Madison or Coolidge that well.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2016, 05:33:34 pm »
That's a good point for sure,  Emjay.

You may be reassured by the fact that the only repository of faith or strong belief in AGW is in ('Crat) government and leftist entities only. Strong AGW belief is almost solely and exclusively in the domain of leftists (and a few scab RINOs).

Those leftist beliefs become a religion to them.  I hope we are not guilty of that with our conservative beliefs.  I don't believe we are.

I am passionate about getting rid of Planned Parenthood and government approved/funded abortion, but I don't think I'm religious about it.

The very phrase 'climate deniers' is ridiculous in itself.  Nobody denies climate. Nobody denies that climate changes over the eons, which is kinda good or we would be living in the Ice Age.   Try to figure out what mankind can do about climate.  Nothing.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 05:39:11 pm »

I loved the graciousness of Laura Bush, and the fact that she was not political.  I think literacy is an admirable project for First Ladies, and I like what Laura has done since W left office to increase women's rights in miserable misogynist countries (like Afghanistan).

I, however, am partial to Abigail Adams.  She was strong and feisty and in those days, that was an awesome and difficult thing for women to be.

I'll have to read up on Grace.  Her husband was tops.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.