Author Topic: Sheriff: California woman found with message burned on skin - SF Gate  (Read 794 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sheriff: California woman found with message burned on skin
Updated 8:16 pm, Wednesday, November 30, 2016

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A California woman abducted while jogging was branded by two female captors who kept their faces covered during the three weeks they held her, a sheriff said Wednesday in seeking the public's help to solve a crime that has riveted and unnerved the community.

The Spanish-speaking suspects also kept the head of 34-year-old victim Sherri Papini covered at times, limiting her ability to provide descriptions so authorities could draw sketches, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said at a news conference.

The abductors may have been trying to humiliate and wear down Papini by branding her and cutting off her long hair, Bosenko told "Good Morning America" (http://abcn.ws/2gx7urR ).

"I would think that that was some sort of either an exertion of power and control and/or maybe some type of message," he said, emphasizing that the brand was a message, not a symbol.

At the news conference later in the day, the sheriff said authorities still lack a motive for the abduction.

Read More At: http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Sheriff-California-mom-had-message-burned-onto-10645043.php

Offline mirraflake

Re: Sheriff: California woman found with message burned on skin - SF Gate
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 04:14:56 pm »
Police yesterday at a press conference have said they are still not ruling out  a hoax.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 04:19:29 pm »
Yeah, no motive is a big red light.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 04:22:22 pm »
Police yesterday at a press conference have said they are still not ruling out  a hoax.
If so, it's a pretty damned elaborate and extremely dedicated one...getting beat about the head, possible broken nose and branding one's self would take a hell of a lot of commitment to perpetrate the hoax.

I can see cutting the hair, losing some weight, but branding?

I'll say there are quite a few things that don't sit right, but I'm still not 100% convinced either way...we'll see.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 12:50:41 am »
Her husband made a point of telling the press as soon as she was found how the perps hacked off her long blonde hair, but the woman who found her along the road after her escape said she saw a woman with  (you guessed it) long blonde hair.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 01:17:47 am »
This feels like either a horrible crime perpetrated on a poor, unsuspecting woman, or another really bad sequel of The Hangover.

http://youtu.be/yNBmq7S05uk
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 01:36:40 am »
This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with folk she shouldn't be with.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 04:09:20 am »
This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with folk she shouldn't be with.
Hmmm....kidnapped while jogging isn't exactly poontagin'.  Reports seem to think it was a gang type crime.  I saw her husband on 20/20 and he was pretty convincing. 
@Wingnut

Offline doghouse

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 05:10:08 am »
This is in my neck of the woods.  The husband passed an FBI polygraph test very early in this incident.  He was eliminated as a person of any guilty interest.
These are good people who have suffered much but some, on pure BS speculation and with zero real facts, just can't help but assume the worst in them.

If it was a setup faux kidnapping then it was done without the husbands knowledge or involvement. 

What do you think the chances are of that happening?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 05:20:44 am »
This story seems plausible considering what type of garbage populates Cali these days.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 01:00:10 am »
Jogger’s abduction case eerily similar to classmate’s disappearance
By Chris Perez
December 7, 2016 | 12:58am
New York Post - EXCERPTED
The case of the California jogger who was kidnapped and held captive for three weeks last month shares eerie similarities with a high school classmate who disappeared nearly two decades ago while running near the very same trail she was abducted on.

“In many ways [the cases] are very similar,” explained Terry Smith, father of Tera Lynn Smith, who is still missing after she vanished without a trace on Aug. 22, 1998.

“They are two good-looking blond girls [and] were supposedly randomly picked up on the side of the road jogging,” he told the Daily Mail.

Tera, who was 16 when she disappeared, was a high school friend of Sherri Papini, a 34-year-old mother of two who was abducted on Nov. 2.  ...

The similarities were so great, in fact, that Papini’s husband, Keith, decided to reach out to the Smiths in the days after his wife’s abduction to ask for help.

“Keith came over for a while on the second or third day after Sherri went missing,” Smith said. “We didn’t know him at all until this happened, but we knew Sherri through her friendship with our daughters. Keith came to ask our advice and tap into our experience, find out what we’d do differently, if we were happy with the way law enforcement had handled our case.”

Smith said the worried husband also called to ask whether he “thought the FBI should get involved.” He told Keith he thought it would be a good idea — adding that he believed he ultimately placed too much trust in local law enforcement when Tera disappeared.  ...
Meanwhile, Abducted jogger’s husband not ruled out as a suspect.

Offline doghouse

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 04:45:11 am »
Her husband made a point of telling the press as soon as she was found how the perps hacked off her long blonde hair, but the woman who found her along the road after her escape said she saw a woman with  (you guessed it) long blonde hair.  :shrug:

Wow, the local Shasta County Sheriff said the same thing, that her captors had cut her hair but I guess you would not only believe a lie but continue to spread it far and wide just to feel good...

Wow...  Again the Husband passed an FBI polygraph early on in this incident and the true and valid information that has been released so far has been verified by Law Enforcement.

Does attacking innocent people really turn your crank?  There is not one bit of actual evidence that supports that this case is anything different than claimed by this beautiful lady.  There is a lot of evidence that supports her story.

I would like to know exactly where you are getting your false stories?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 01:01:03 pm »
I would like to know exactly where you are getting your false stories?
The information I've stated came from ABC News and the New York Post - and I didn't attack anyone. Calm down.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 01:34:52 pm »
Hmmm....kidnapped while jogging isn't exactly poontagin'.  Reports seem to think it was a gang type crime.  I saw her husband on 20/20 and he was pretty convincing. 
@Wingnut

It just seems hinkey is all.