Author Topic: Trump Children Setting Policy, Running Washington and Lining Their Pockets  (Read 2202 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Two weeks ago I wrote a piece about the ethical conflicts facing president-elect Trump between his role as president, and how he is using it to benefit his businesses and his children who run them. But recent news about his children, particularly Ivanka Trump, are providing more reasons to be concerned about The Donald’s ethical lapses......

http://www.redstate.com/diary/stridentconservative/2016/12/06/trump-children-setting-policy-running-washington-lining-pockets/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Trump Children Setting Policy, Running Washington and Lining Their Pockets
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 03:40:59 pm »
You don't see Tiffany Trump in any of this.

I wonder why.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline ABX

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 03:46:13 pm »
You don't see Tiffany Trump in any of this.

I wonder why.

Possibly because of her age and she is fresh out of college but she doesn't seem to be favored in his business circle. More like paternal arm candy when needed.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 03:54:34 pm »

I was going to read this then I saw it was from RedState, garbage is RedState publishes.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 04:15:17 pm »
Ivanka and her Husband Jared Kushner are LIBS and will have to much influence on TRUMP as of today. Hope that changes! The son in law got Christie and blowing in TRUMPs ear about Mittens. We voted TRUMP not for the FAMILY. 22222frying pan

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 04:20:26 pm »
It does look bad. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 04:29:23 pm »
I didn't expect any less from them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 04:29:59 pm »

I was going to read this then I saw it was from RedState, garbage is RedState publishes.

Truth hurts huh?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 05:03:43 pm »
It does look bad.

Looks like the beginning of another political dynasty, given how Trump supporters are promoting the Trump children for future office.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 05:12:33 pm »
If this continues then we're in a kleptocracy.

Only way I can see to stop it would be to impeach Trump.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 05:24:09 pm »

Impeach Trump on what grounds?  Treason? Bribery? High Crimes and Misdemeanors?   How has he committed treason, bribery and what crime(s) has he committed?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 05:28:38 pm »

The problem is Trump is a symptom of an illness of the right. An illness that causes those who used to believe in limited government and maximum individual liberty to replace it with the desire for a strong, large, authoritarian centralized government that forces their issues and will. It is the rejection of Reaganism and the return to things like Nixonian price controls. People are cheering for 'someone from the government who is here to help'.  You can't fix that buy replacing one person. They would just see that as an attack on their own personal savior. The only way that is going to change is people once again see that big-government authoritarianism fails. Just like how they are seeing if fail with Obamacare. They just have to realize that their own version of the same thing is just as doomed to failure.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 05:45:01 pm »

I think we have to wait until he's sworn in...

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 05:47:03 pm »
This is an important question. I thought Trump was putting his kids in charge of his business in order to eliminate the conflict of interest, yet it seems his kids are getting advisory roles and more in the administration- thus, a conflict of interest.

Melania Trump to stay behind in New York while Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner move to D.C.

Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner, plan to follow President-elect Donald Trump from New York City to Washington, D.C., CNN reports. The couple is reportedly looking for houses in the area, where they plan to take up residence with their three children.

Kushner is poised to be a top adviser to Trump .....

http://theweek.com/speedreads/665545/melania-trump-stay-behind-new-york-ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-move-dc

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 06:02:00 pm »
Impeach Trump on what grounds?  Treason? Bribery? High Crimes and Misdemeanors?   How has he committed treason, bribery and what crime(s) has he committed?

Granted but there will be a nasty overlap with the Emoluments clause if he keeps going down this road.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 06:17:23 pm »
Jared Kushner has played an important role in Trump's campaign, helped him get elected and even wrote speeches for him. I imagine he will continue to be a close adviser to his father-in-law. He and Ivanka have already made plans to move to Washington. The two are about as liberal as you can get, and one of Ivanka's priorities is climate change.  To think that Trump's children who are all entrenched in the elite business community and have positions in Trump's business dynasty wouldn't play some sort of role in his presidency is naive.

As a side note, I don't think it was so much anything Chris Christie did as a reason for Trump not placing him in his cabinet, but rather the fact that Christie sent Jared's Daddy to prison!   Having Christie and Jared circling around each other obviously wouldn't work out so well.  Christie isn't family so he's out.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 06:25:51 pm »
This is an important question. I thought Trump was putting his kids in charge of his business in order to eliminate the conflict of interest, yet it seems his kids are getting advisory roles and more in the administration- thus, a conflict of interest.

Yep ... and exactly what laws are they breaking?? None.  So unless I missed something, there's not a whole lot we can do about it.  Trump supporters should have looked at the whole package; what Trump has stood for in the past and what his closest family members stood for, their background, their connections, Trump's connections and former connections, etc.  A little bit late to realize that while he may have sung the tune that his electorate wanted to hear; Tump's past liberal connections and viewpoints were more important in defining who he really is and what his goals and agenda will be as president.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:26:43 pm by libertybele »

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 06:32:45 pm »
Yep ... and exactly what laws are they breaking??

18 USC Chapter 11 outlines conflicts of interest in government relationships.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-11

Right now, everything is informal, but as soon as Trump is sworn in and these issues effect trade deals, etc, then it could cross the illegality line.

This is the same issue that arose and is being investigated regarding the Clinton Foundation's favors while Hillary was Secretary of State.  It could potentially be right in line with issues like the Russia Uranium Deal.

Offline ABX

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 06:34:37 pm »
Here is a perfect example per my last quote, Ivanka's relationship with the Development Bank of Japan. Right in line with some of the stuff we complained about with Hillary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/12/06/the-trump-swamp-will-deepen/?utm_term=.8f98e5d295c1

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 06:35:54 pm »
Yep ... and exactly what laws are they breaking?? None.  So unless I missed something, there's not a whole lot we can do about it.  Trump supporters should have looked at the whole package; what Trump has stood for in the past and what his closest family members stood for, their background, their connections, Trump's connections and former connections, etc.  A little bit late to realize that while he may have sung the tune that his electorate wanted to hear; Tump's past liberal connections and viewpoints were more important in defining who he really is and what his goals and agenda will be as president.

Quid pro quo. Ever hear of that?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 06:36:31 pm »
Here is a perfect example per my last quote, Ivanka's relationship with the Development Bank of Japan. Right in line with some of the stuff we complained about with Hillary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/12/06/the-trump-swamp-will-deepen/?utm_term=.8f98e5d295c1

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.

Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 06:37:49 pm »
Look at that picture.  A family with no chins. 

Someone send Trump a San Francisco phone book.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 06:37:52 pm »
I think we have to wait until he's sworn in...

Tripped up by incisive thought once more...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 06:39:04 pm »
Look at that picture.  A family with no chins. 

Someone send Trump a San Francisco phone book.

:silly:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 06:39:47 pm »
Several hit pieces out today re the Trump children.....a coinky-dink?........lol

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-children-diplomacy-state-department-232191
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34