Author Topic: White House: ‘embittered’ World War II veterans should get over Pearl Harbor  (Read 908 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: ‘embittered’ World War II veterans should get over Pearl Harbor
December 6, 2016

Blake Neff, DCNF

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said during a press conference Monday it was natural for World War II veterans to be “embittered” about Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s visit to Pearl Harbor, but they should get over it for the sake of America.

It was announced Monday that Abe will be the first Japanese leader to visit Pearl Harbor since it was hit by a surprise attack that killed 2,403 Americans and brought the U.S. into World War II. The visit reciprocates President Barack Obama’s visit to Hiroshima earlier this year for the anniversary of the atomic bomb attack on the city.

more
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/12/06/white-house-embittered-world-war-ii-veterans-get-pearl-harbor-420499
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

OK, and Democrats should get over the recent election. Hey Josh, there were no such things as "safe spaces" on 12/7/41.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Satire right, right? This is crazy! :thud:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Frank Cannon

This from the party still pushing for slavery reparations.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The actual statement is even worse than the headline:

“If I were a World War II veteran who was drafted by the United States military to go and fight for our country overseas in the aftermath of the Pearl Harbor attack, I might feel quite embittered, and I think it would be a perfectly natural and understandable human reaction to not be particularly satisfied with the words of the Japanese Prime Minister,” Earnest said.

By emphasizing that they were "drafted" and had to fight "overseas", Earnest is making it sound very Vietnam-ish -- like it was wrong to respond in that manner.  And he goes on:

But Earnest followed up by saying those veterans should overcome those feelings for the good of the country.
“Yes, there may be some who feel personally embittered,” he said. “But I’m confident that many will set aside their own personal bitterness, not because they’re personally satisfied by the words of the Prime Minister, but because they recognize how important this moment is for the United States.”

Exactly why is the Japanese PM coming to Pearl Harbor and not offering an apology an "important moment" for the United States??  We got along perfectly fine without that happening for more than 70 years.  So exactly what is this going to accomplish that makes it so important to the country?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:29:24 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The actual statement is even worse than the headline:

By emphasizing that they were "drafted" and had to fight "overseas", Earnest is making it sound very Vietnam-ish -- like it was wrong to respond in that manner.  And he goes on:

Exactly why is the Japanese PM coming to Pearl Harbor and not offering an apology an "important moment" for the United States??
Gawd, what an a$$... :chairbang:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I guess it takes an a$$ to work for that a$$.

Wingnut

He just elevated his status to super douche nozzle for his boss...the human douchebag.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 07:44:27 pm by Wingnut »

Online andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn