Author Topic: Trump and Gore Meet on Climate After Talks Opened With Ivanka  (Read 1821 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump and Gore Meet on Climate After Talks Opened With Ivanka
« on: December 05, 2016, 09:30:31 pm »

Newsmax
Trump and Gore Meet on Climate After Talks Opened With Ivanka
Monday, December 5, 2016 01:46 PM

Donald Trump met in New York Monday with Al Gore to discuss an issue the Republican president-elect has long scoffed at: Global warming.

The meeting at Trump Tower was initially scheduled with the president-elect’s daughter, Ivanka Trump. After Gore emerged, the Democratic politician-turned climate activist told reporters he wound up spending "the bulk of the time" with Trump himself.

“I had a lengthy and very productive meeting about the transition with the President elect,” Gore said. “It was a sincere search for areas of common ground. I found it an extremely interesting conversation and to be continued, and I’m just going to leave it at that.”

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Al-Gore-Meets-Trump-Extremely/2016/12/05/id/762263/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Trump and Gore Meet on Climate After Talks Opened With Ivanka
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:41:34 pm »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 09:44:42 pm »
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 09:45:04 pm »
snicker...

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 09:52:17 pm »
What was that about Trump being a conservative Republican?

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 10:01:41 pm »
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Donald Trump Supported Addressing Climate Change Before Calling It a ‘Hoax’:  http://time.com/4362393/donald-trump-supported-addressing-climate-change-before-calling-it-a-hoax/

In Shift, Trump Says Humans May Be Causing Global Warming:  http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/11/22/us/politics/ap-us-trump-climate-change.html?_r=0
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:03:48 pm by LadyLiberty »

Wingnut

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 02:00:23 am by Wingnut »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 10:06:56 pm »
Maybe he told Gore to his face that find a new product line because the oil business was back in town...and that Ivanka will host a special on the fraud that is Al Gore...and your stupid weather predictions.

...because all Gore had to say in the lobby when leaving was that "it was an interesting conversation....."
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 10:09:27 pm »
No one should be surprised by this.  Trump supporters had to know that Ivanka and Chelsea are good friends and Trump and the Clintons aren't exactly strangers.  Trump is a NY liberal with a NY liberal past ... so him meeting with Gore and the DEM from HI shouldn't be any surprise.  Where this all goes from here though is what's important ... think of all the money that going 'green' could make certain individuals...this conversation I'm sure will be continued ... and I'll leave it at that!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 01:10:02 am »
Probably Al Gore was the most surprised by this.
The rest of us, not so much.
After all, Trump was for global warming before he was agonist it.
Since the election, went back to saying it is possibly man made to the NYT.
People who supported him conveniently forgot everything he said prior to the Summer of 2015.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 01:14:15 am »
Maybe he told Gore to his face that find a new product line because the oil business was back in town...and that Ivanka will host a special on the fraud that is Al Gore...and your stupid weather predictions.

...because all Gore had to say in the lobby when leaving was that "it was an interesting conversation....."

Based on what? Ivanka and her husband being ubber Libs and naturally skeptical of Global Warming? On Donny's magic 180 right before the election on Global Warming?

You're running on fumes defending your Statist President. Better hit the well (FR and Trumpbart) for more credible talking points.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 03:17:25 am »
Based on what? Ivanka and her husband being ubber Libs and naturally skeptical of Global Warming? On Donny's magic 180 right before the election on Global Warming?

You're running on fumes defending your Statist President. Better hit the well (FR and Trumpbart) for more credible talking points.

Its just more poor judgment on Trumps part.  If Trump wanted to meet with someone who is an expert on climate it would not be Gore.  Gore is all about a cult hoax.  And his family also was involved in Zinc mining pollution.  He made a lot of money off the KYOTO protocol hoax.  But he is absolutely the farthest person from truth there could be. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/11/03/blood-and-gore-making-a-killing-on-anti-carbon-investment-hype/#43f8fcda3750

I am sure that there are many reputable scientists to go to concerning environment and climate.  Is Trump really going to be the jobs president?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 03:24:01 am »
People who supported him conveniently forgot everything he said prior to the Summer of 2015.

Unless, of course, they had no idea what he said before he was running for President.

No one should be surprised by any leftist position he takes, since that's what he is now, and always has been.

And the reason many of us could not vote for him regardless of his silly campaign promises...
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 04:48:20 am »
Its just more poor judgment on Trumps part.  If Trump wanted to meet with someone who is an expert on climate it would not be Gore. 

Imagine this: Ben Carson on HUD policy.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 05:14:43 am »
Imagine this: Ben Carson on HUD policy.

I........ccccc.......aaaan't
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 05:18:43 am »
Gore is all about a cult hoax. 

And so is Donny, so there is why the two had an interesting meeting. They were laughing their asses off at how easy it is to get mindless followers.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 05:26:10 am »
And so is Donny, so there is why the two had an interesting meeting. They were laughing their asses off at how easy it is to get mindless followers.

I bet Donny is laughing his ass off.  And Donny supporters are going to be drowning their tears in their beer.  Don't see that much of them here anymore and its going to get harder as the promises go to the wayside.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 10:34:39 am »
I listened to an interesting radio show that predicted that Trump would basically mirror Arnold Schwarzenegger in governing: more interested in having people like him than standing on any sort of principle. Arnold as you all know was one of the biggest disappointments ever, a huge proponent of global warming and appeaser of the Democrats, although maybe someone can chime in from the Golden state if I'm wrong.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 01:41:24 pm »

The one thing I know about Trump is that there is not a person on Earth - including Trump himself -  who knows where Trump is on any subject at any given time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 02:37:57 pm »
"Trump and Gore Meet on Climate After Talks Opened With Ivanka"

Will someone PLEASE splain to me when she was appointed to serve as a cabinet officer,and when Congress voted to approve her?

Isn't this the VERY woman that Trump plans on putting in charge of his "blind trust",and here she is,already negotiating climate control scams with Goober?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 02:54:26 pm »
Coming soon!!!

"Hail to the Chief" to be replaced with...

"The Entertainer"
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 02:54:53 pm »
"Trump and Gore Meet on Climate After Talks Opened With Ivanka"

Will someone PLEASE splain to me when she was appointed to serve as a cabinet officer,and when Congress voted to approve her?

Isn't this the VERY woman that Trump plans on putting in charge of his "blind trust",and here she is,already negotiating climate control scams with Goober?

But he tells it like it is!