Author Topic: Rogue electors brief Clinton camp on anti-Trump plan  (Read 320 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rogue electors brief Clinton camp on anti-Trump plan
« on: December 05, 2016, 06:04:03 pm »

Rogue electors brief Clinton camp on anti-Trump plan

Kasich emerges as the group's alternative Electoral College pick.

By Kyle Cheney and Gabriel Debenedetti

12/05/16 12:05 PM EST

Advocates of the long-shot bid to turn the Electoral College against Donald Trump have been in contact with close allies of Hillary Clinton, according to multiple sources familiar with the discussions, but the Clinton camp — and Clinton herself — have declined to weigh in on the merits of the plan.

Clinton's team and the Democratic National Committee have steadfastly refused to endorse the efforts spearheaded by a group of electors in Colorado and Washington state. But, as with the ongoing recounts initiated by Green Party nominee Jill Stein, the Clinton team has not categorically rejected them, leaving the collection of mainly Democratic electors to push forward with no explicit public support from the failed Democratic nominee or any other prominent party leaders.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/electoral-college-rogues-trump-clinton-232195
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Rogue electors brief Clinton camp on anti-Trump plan
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 08:54:29 pm »
Maybe I don't get it.  If Democrat-pledged electors decide to vote for Kasich, how does that hurt Trump?  If they're saying they'll try to bully their Republican-pledged colleagues into voting for someone (anyone) other than Trump, they're just delusional.  But I suppose we already knew that...
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!