Author Topic: Tim Scott, Trey Gowdy join President-elect Donald Trump transition team  (Read 676 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Tim Scott, Trey Gowdy join President-elect Donald Trump transition team

By Maya T. Prabhu and Emma Dumain mprabhu@postandcourier.com edumain@postandcourier.com Updated Nov 30, 2016

COLUMBIA — U.S. Sen. Tim Scott and U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy are among a number of people who have been added to President-elect Donald Trump's transition team.

Scott, R-S.C., is one of several vice chairmen named and Gowdy, R-S.C., will serve on the executive committee. Their roles are to provide expertise and insight and make recommendations as Trump fills out his administration.

"It is an honor to join Vice President-elect (Mike) Pence on the Presidential Transition Team, and I look forward to working with the co-chairs to help build an exceptional administration," Scott said. "I will continue to advocate for policies and people that will bring opportunity to every household across the country, and restore hope where it has been lost. I want to thank President-elect Trump and Vice President-elect Pence for the chance to serve."

more
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/tim-scott-trey-gowdy-join-president-elect-donald-trump-transition/article_2cf3cbcc-b711-11e6-aa02-4fbc36c25c92.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Tim Scott, Trey Gowdy join President-elect Donald Trump transition team
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 01:53:30 pm »
Im glad Gowdy is on now.  We need more amazing speeches that never accomplish a dang thing.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 02:09:12 pm »
Im glad Gowdy is on now.  We need more amazing speeches that never accomplish a dang thing.

Could've been worse...he could have asked Issa to join the transition team.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 02:28:42 pm »

Gowdy's digging and persistency is largely what kept the whole email story alive.  And I think we saw the effect of that on November 8.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 04:32:37 pm »
Gowdy's digging and persistency is largely what kept the whole email story alive.  And I think we saw the effect of that on November 8.

He's as a factor but not the reason.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 05:03:42 pm »
He's as a factor but not the reason.

I'd give you that, but being a factor is still a hell of a lot more than some thought would happen.  People kept demanding that he "do something", while ignoring that he had zero legal authority to prosecute.  All he could to was investigate, hold hearings, and hope that the stuff that came out of them would be useful.  It was.