Author Topic: Trump Will Meet with Ambassador John Bolton Friday To Discuss Secretary of State Job  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump Will Meet with Ambassador John Bolton Friday To Discuss Secretary of State Job
Posted at 6:00 pm on December 1, 2016 by "/jimjamitis"

http://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2016/12/01/trump-meets-bolton

Bolton is a good pick.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online corbe

I Can't think of any other pick - available - that would be better than Bolton, The President of Red Eye.

All other's pale in comparison, with Mathis as SoD, we really don't need another Bulldog at State, we need a fumigator, but he's the best we got right now. 

It's all Academic, Trump won't pick him over his buddy Giuliani.

The writers/producers of this realitytv show suck.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

I Can't think of any other pick - available - that would be better than Bolton, The President of Red Eye.

All other's pale in comparison, with Mathis as SoD, we really don't need another Bulldog at State, we need a fumigator, but he's the best we got right now. 

Agreed.  If he doesn't pick Giuliani, I'd be very surprised. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The State department needs a good enema, and Bolton is the potential nominee most likely to administer a good cleansing.  I worry that the other candidates, even if they would be decent at the job of chief diplomat, would not be nearly as good at far-reaching institutional changes.

Offline SirLinksALot

Why not Giuliani for Homeland Security? He was a ROCK for New York City Post 9/11 and he made an "un-governable" city governable again.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
Bolton is the perfect man for the job. I would feel really comfortable with him in that position.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm rooting for Romney. Bolton hasn't seen a war he didn't like and I have no clue what a Rudy has to do with anything foreign policy.

Offline SirLinksALot

I'm rooting for Romney. Bolton hasn't seen a war he didn't like and I have no clue what a Rudy has to do with anything foreign policy.

Well, Romney, like Bolton,  supported the Iraqi invasion as well.

As for Iran, here is what Romney said when he was running for President:

http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Romney/Iran.php

Romney position on Iran

Well, let’s — let’s start back from there and let’s talk about where we are. This is, of course, President Obama’s greatest failing, from a foreign policy standpoint, which is he recognized the gravest threat that America and the world faced as — and faced was a nuclear Iran and he did not do what was necessary to get Iran to be dissuaded from their nuclear folly. What he should have done is speak out when dissidents took to the streets and say America is with you and work on a covert basis to encourage the dissidents. Number two, he should have put — put in place crippling sanctions against Iran. But instead of getting Russia, for instance, to when — when he gave in our — our missile defense system, to agree to — to stand with those crippling sanctions, he gave Russia what they wanted, their number one foreign policy objective, and got nothing in return...

... Finally, the president should have built a credible threat of military action and made it very clear that the United States of America is willing, in the final analysis, if necessary, to take military action to keep Iran from having a nuclear weapon. Look, one thing you can know and that is if we reelect Barack Obama, Iran will have a nuclear weapon. And if we elect Mitt Romney, if you elect me as the next president, they will not have a nuclear weapon...

... Well, it’s worth putting in place crippling sanctions. It’s worth working with the insurgents in the country to encourage regime change in the country. And if all else fails, if after all of the work we’ve done, there’s nothing else we could do besides mil — take military action, then of course you take military action. It is unacceptable for Iran to have a nuclear weapon. We will not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon. This term unacceptable has been applied by several presidents over history. And our current president has made it very clear that he’s not willing to do those things necessary to get Iran to be dissuaded from their nuclear folly. I will take a different course. I will make sure that the sanctions, diplomatic pressure, economic pressure and support of insurgents within the country help them become dissuaded to get away from their nuclear ambition.

As for Bolton, here's his position on Iran:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/john-bolton-iran-regime-change-231586

EXCERPT:

John Bolton, the former ambassador to the United Nations and a contender to be the next secretary of state, argued Thursday that the United States should support a push for regime change in Iran, calling it the “only long-term solution” to threats the country poses in the Middle East.

“The ayatollahs are the principal threat to international peace and security in the Middle East,” Bolton told Breitbart News Daily, a radio program run by the hard-right website with close ties to Donald Trump. “Now, their ouster won’t bring sweetness and light to the region, that’s for sure, but it will eliminate the principal threat.”

[SNIP]

“I think the people of Iran would long for a new regime,” Bolton continued, later suggesting that the U.S. should support opposition groups looking to overthrow it. “I don’t think the regime is popular, but I think it has the guns. And I think there are ways of supporting the opposition that does not involve the use of American military force, that does involve helping the opposition to get a different kind of government.”

“A new government may not be filled with Jeffersonian Democrats, either,” Bolton acknowledged.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 08:56:20 pm by SirLinksALot »