Author Topic: Levi's Jeans Tells Customers: Don't Carry Guns in Our Stores  (Read 1204 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Levi's Jeans Tells Customers: Don't Carry Guns in Our Stores
« on: December 01, 2016, 06:07:35 pm »
The jeans company Levi's Strauss & Co. is making one thing clear: Guns don't belong in their stores.

In a LinkedIn post Wednesday titled "An Open Letter to Customers: Our Weapons Policy," Levi's President and CEO Chip Bergh requested that shoppers refrain from bringing guns into store locations, regardless of whether the gun owner has a license or if the particular state allows open carry.

Bergh specifically mentioned a recent incident in Commerce, Ga., involving a gun inadvertently firing in a store and injuring the owner. The letter continued:

"So, while we understand the heartfelt and strongly-held opinions on both sides of the gun debate, it is with the safety and security of our employees and customers in mind that we respectfully ask people not to bring firearms into our stores, offices or facilities, even in states where it’s permitted by law. Of course, authorized members of law enforcement are an exception."

[excerpted]

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/01/levis-ceo-customers-may-not-carry-guns-stores

Stopped buying Levi's years ago when they promoted the anarchists running wild England.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Levi's Jeans Tells Customers: Don't Carry Guns in Our Stores
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 06:25:02 pm »
Nothing wrong with this.  A business can (and many do) require its customers to wear shirts, or shoes.   And so can a business require their customers not to enter bearing a firearm. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 06:26:27 pm »
That is their right and their choice. This is mine:

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 06:50:08 pm »
Nothing wrong with this.  A business can (and many do) require its customers to wear shirts, or shoes.   And so can a business require their customers not to enter bearing a firearm.

In Texas they can make this request as long as they make it with legally required notice at the door:

Otherwise, this is just a meaningless note expressing an opinion, not a requirement for their public store.

In otherwords, they are required to notify the crooks that everyone inside is unarmed.  Rob this store, not the one next door with armed customers.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:51:05 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline tisket

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 07:52:33 pm »

No, nothing wrong with it, but it's kind of like posting a sign that says "Gun Free Zone" in front of your house - a nice invite to crooks (or terrorists these days)

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 08:00:41 pm »
It appears Levis only asked its customers to "refrain" from carrying a weapon; it didn't require anything. It really doesn't matter to me, because Levis clothing simply does not fit me and I have no reason to shop there. I have much better luck with Lee jeans and pants. But I do carry my concealed weapon with me in many places that have "no guns" signs, unless they have a metal detector, like the county courthouse. How will they know?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 10:29:42 pm »
Most people buy Levi's through a middleman anyway. I bought my last pair from Wal-Mart (they're nice jeans and hold up better than Wranglers and far better than Wal-Mart's store brand) and plan on buying another tomorrow. All in all, this isn't that big of a deal.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 11:26:00 pm »
That is their right and their choice. This is mine:

I like Wrangler's better anyhow.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

HonestJohn

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 12:19:04 am »
No, nothing wrong with it, but it's kind of like posting a sign that says "Gun Free Zone" in front of your house - a nice invite to crooks (or terrorists these days)

It doesn't mention if the store owners are disarmed... just that the patrons may not be.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 12:20:51 am »
Who the hell still wears Levi jeans?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 12:58:39 am »
Who the hell still wears Levi jeans?
Sheesh. Don't like my car, don't like my jeans... you're a little ray of sunshine, aren't you?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 01:11:07 am »
Sheesh. Don't like my car, don't like my jeans... you're a little ray of sunshine, aren't you?

Dude, I gotta get you on the Frank Cannon program. It will change your life.

Need a car? Screw buying some econobox from a dead marquee like Saturn. Hit Craigslist and look for a widow with a Caddy for sale. Old ladies are easy to work over on price so you can get it cheap. Make sure it's over 25 years old so that when a chick asks about why you don't have a new car you just tell her your a "collector". If you are wearing upscale jeans you got on deep discount at Nordstrom Rack, she'll believe your bullshit.

For more tips, please send a $500 money order to my PO Box.

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 01:13:11 am »

Listen to him.  The man knows where it is at.