Author Topic: Trump is considering another Goldman Sachs man, this time, their president for America's top budget post  (Read 918 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: POLITICO

URL: http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/11/trump-could-pick-goldman-sachs-president-231995

Ben White and Jake Sherman

President-elect Donald Trump is considering Goldman Sachs President Gary Cohn for a senior administration job, possibly as director of the Office of Management and Budget, several sources close to the situation said on Wednesday.

People familiar with the matter say Cohn's meeting with Trump on Tuesday included talks about a potential job in the new administration, possibly to run OMB, a sprawling office that will handle much of Trump's budget policy after he takes office in January.

Cohn, who is friendly with Republicans and Democrats in Washington, is a longtime commodities trader who became Goldman's president and co-chief operating officer in 2006. He has long been the heir apparent to Goldman CEO Lloyd Blankfein. But with Blankfein showing no inclination to leave after battling cancer, Cohn may be looking to take on a new challenge. He is friendly with Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner.

Cohn would add yet another Goldman name to a roster already filled with former executives from the influential bank, including Treasury pick Steven Mnuchin and incoming top White House adviser Steve Bannon.

People close to Cohn, an aggressive and imposing trading veteran, note that he has a reputation for attracting and managing top talent, a key attribute for any OMB chief.

Cohn — a registered Democrat — has made financial contributions to both parties, but in recent years, his political donations have trended toward Republicans. In 2015, he gave $33,400 to the National Republican Congressional Committee, $5,400 to Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and $5,000 to House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy's (R-Calif.) PAC. But he's also contributed to Sen. Gary Peters (D-Mich.), Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) and former Sen. Kay Hagan (D-N.C.).

In 2007 and 2008, Cohn gave piles of cash to Democrats. In 2007, he gave $28,500 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee — he gave similar amounts to the DSCC in 2008, 2006 and 2004.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
But Heidi Cruz wrote the plans for NAFTA when she was in high school or something!  :silly:

Offline Gov Bean Counter

But Heidi Cruz wrote the plans for NAFTA when she was in high school or something!  :silly:

She was da debil...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:37:37 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline corbe

People, this is beginning to Clean my Clock. 

I always knew what a lying, Liberal POS he was, but, this was so dam important to the Trumpsters just 6 months ago.

especially that TOS Puerto Rica male Airman, who I stole this from.

Running out of rooms to remodel.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline SirLinksALot

For those of you concerned that Goldman Sachs is back influencing financial policy in Washington DC, I've got news for you (as if you did not know ) --- THEY NEVER LEFT !!!

geronl

President of Big Evil Inc for the top economic post, lol.

Offline Victoria33

@corbe

Heidi Cruz has a Goldman Sachs office in Houston where she advises people on their investments.  She isn't a manager or big deal, she just advises people on investments.  For goodness sake, put her in prison - my God, Goldman Sachs, oh no, oh no.  Surely Trump won't put his great friends at Goldman Sachs in government.

As most of us knew, Trump couldn't tell the truth if he tried - like get rid of Wall Street influence in government and Heidi Cruz is corrupt down to her toes because she works for the hated Goldman Sachs.

Trump is devoid of truth.

Offline corbe

@Victoria33

Sure seems like my 'need to chill' moments are coming much more Frequent, now.

Is there a Rehab for Trump syndrome?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

I gotta tell myself as a Nevertrumper that Trump's Goldman Sachs connections are probably better than hellary's Merrill Lynch connections, right?

Help me here Trumpsters, throw me a lifeline.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
President of Big Evil Inc for the top economic post, lol.

and Munchkin..who also worked for George Soros!!  the Banana Republic people will choke on that one!

perhaps even stranger is the donnys announcement that he's developed a new cabinet position!!

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!