Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Black Congressmen Refuse To Condemn Ellison’s Past Proposal For A ‘Black State’  (Read 973 times)

rangerrebew

EXCLUSIVE: Black Congressmen Refuse To Condemn Ellison’s Past Proposal For A ‘Black State’
Photo of Alex Pfeiffer
Alex Pfeiffer
Reporter
9:31 AM 11/30/2016

WASHINGTON - SEPTEMBER 09: Congressional Black Caucus members (R-L) Chair Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA); Rep. David Scott (D-GA), Sen. Roland Burris (D-IL), Rep. Yvette Clarke (D-NY) and Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) hold a news conference about health care reform at the U.S. Capitol September 9, 2009 in Washington, DC. Lee said the caucus expects President Barack Obama to show support for a "robust" public option during his speech to Congress tonight. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)   WASHINGTON - SEPTEMBER 09: Congressional Black Caucus members (R-L) Chair Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA); Rep. David Scott (D-GA), Sen. Roland Burris (D-IL), Rep. Yvette Clarke (D-NY) and Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) hold a news conference about health care reform at the U.S. Capitol September 9, 2009 in Washington, DC. Lee said the caucus expects President Barack Obama to show support for a "robust" public option during his speech to Congress tonight. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images) ∧

WASHINGTON — Several Democratic members of the Congressional Black Caucus Tuesday refused to denounce Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison’s call for a black state. One congressman stated, “I don’t see anything really objectionable.”

The Daily Caller News Foundation recently reported on columns Minnesota Rep. Ellison wrote under a pen name while in law school. In one of them he called for a black state in southeastern American states.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/30/exclusive-black-congressmen-refuse-to-condemn-ellisons-past-proposal-for-a-black-state/#ixzz4RWHskjBu

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I guess Africa isn't enough for them.

Keith Ellison for DNC chair!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
It's called Atlanta.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Its foolish to demand that people do something we know they won't do.