Author Topic: Confirmed: Donald Trump Picks Steven Mnuchin and Wilbur Ross for His Cabinet  (Read 992 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
President-elect Donald Trump has filled more top posts on his economic team — picking former Goldman Sachs executive Steven Mnuchin as treasury secretary and financier Wilbur Ross to lead the Commerce Department.

Mnuchin is confirming that he and Ross are joining Trump’s Cabinet, pending confirmation by the Senate.

http://fortune.com/2016/11/30/confirmed-donald-trump-picks-steven-mnuchin-and-wilbur-ross-for-his-cabinet/

Offline ABX

Interesting. Wilber Ross is a Democrat who served under Bill Clinton and is/was a big Dem fundraiser.

Offline ABX

And Steven Mnuchin who not only worked for Goldman Sachs, also worked for George Soros.

Offline Just_Victor

That whole Goldman Sachs thing is what I find interesting.  Trump and his minions trashed Cruz for a far more distant(non-existent IMHO) "connection" to GS.  But now it's going to be great to have GS be part of Trump's cabinet.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Night Hides Not

And Steven Mnuchin who not only worked for Goldman Sachs, also worked for George Soros.

Trump's playing six dimensional chess again.

Mnuchin went from wealthy to super-wealthy after he scored a deal from the FDIC on the takeover of IndyMac.

Mnuchin & Ross had a good interview with Maria on Fox Biz this morning. I hope Trump supporters didn't see it, because Mnuchin made a point of saying his focus will be talking to Democrats on Capitol Hill.

Forget about draining the swamp...the Trump Administration will be all about making deals. This isn't about making America great again, this is trickle down, crony capitalist economics on steroids.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Trump interviewed this guy for Treasury and picked Mnuchin over him!  That is a national tragedy!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_A._Allison_IV
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

That whole Goldman Sachs thing is what I find interesting.  Trump and his minions trashed Cruz for a far more distant(non-existent IMHO) "connection" to GS.  But now it's going to be great to have GS be part of Trump's cabinet.

Don't forget, Steve Bannon is also ex-Goldman Sachs, as well.
Drain the swamp?
With Reince Prebius as Chief of Staff?
Chao on the Cabinet?
Now Mnuchin and Ross?
Dream on.

Online mountaineer

**nononono*
As an aside, has any TV news reader called him "Munchkin" yet?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Meet the new boss...same as the old boss  :shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!