Author Topic: 'America's best days are ahead of us,' Romney says after meeting with Trump  (Read 1756 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'America's best days are ahead of us,' Romney says after meeting with Trump
Steph Solis , USA TODAY 11:35 p.m. EST November 29, 2016

Mitt Romney, the former GOP presidential nominee being considered for secretary of State, praised President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday night after a dinner in New York.

"I happen to think that America's best days are ahead of us," Romney said after dinner, according to pool reports. "I think you're going to see America continue to lead the world in this century."

Romney, who said he was discussing "affairs throughout the world" with Trump, told reporters he was "impressed" with how Trump handled his victory speech and his transition efforts, naming Cabinet-level nominees such as South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions.

more/video at link
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/11/29/americas-best-days-are-ahead-of-us-romney-trump-meeting/94644182/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I hope that's a good enough apology and that Trump picks Mitt Romney for Secretary of State.  He would be a good choice.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

I hope that's a good enough apology and that Trump picks Mitt Romney for Secretary of State.  He would be a good choice.

The Trump supporters are going to hate him. He's Mormon. He doesn't or hasn't worked for Goldman. He doesn't live in DC. He never had a job in the Fed Govt'. He's been married to a non-stripper for umpteen years....without a divorce.

He is as far away from a solid true blue Trumpy as it gets.

Offline Night Hides Not

Not a big fan of Mitt, but he's a serious person, a trait that we need in a Trump administration.

I prefer him over Petraeus, who should be in jail with Hillary for his negligence in handling classified information.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Oceander

Certainly better days are ahead, albeit deferred for at least four more years.   

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You mean there's a reason for the Constitution?

I'm so deeply thankful that Hillary is gone that I can cut Trump a wee bit of slack ... a wee bit.  It will be interesting to see his next appointments.  If they infuriate the TOS crowd that will be another good thing.

Offline Frank Cannon

So you are an Elizabeth Warren supporter? You have to be because the only way you get your Trump free wish is if she beats him in '20. He will be the nominee in 4 years unless he dies.

Online corbe

Sure glad 'Eating Crow' is back in Style.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

HonestJohn

So you are an Elizabeth Warren supporter? You have to be because the only way you get your Trump free wish is if she beats him in '20. He will be the nominee in 4 years unless he dies.

That's not unlikely, considering his age, tendency to not sleep much, poor eating habits...

... and the stress that comes from the job of being President.

Offline Night Hides Not

That's not unlikely, considering his age, tendency to not sleep much, poor eating habits...

What about the stress of working for Trump? You're going to have to change out the Executive Branch before 2020.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

HonestJohn

Re: 'America's best days are ahead of us,' Romney says after meeting with Trump
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 10:12:26 pm »
What about the stress of working for Trump? You're going to have to change out the Executive Branch before 2020.

As long as you don't give a flying rat's @$$ about him, it'll be somewhat stress free.

What?  An email or tweet demanding something *NOW!*... and it's one minute from end of business?

Tough cookies for Trump, I'm going home.

So what if he if he's furious the next day?  What's he going to do?  Fire me?

If he does, I'll be working a contracting job making $40,000-$200,000 more than I am now.

So... you need me more than I need you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 10:39:26 pm »
The Trump supporters are going to hate him. He's Mormon. He doesn't or hasn't worked for Goldman. He doesn't live in DC. He never had a job in the Fed Govt'. He's been married to a non-stripper for umpteen years....without a divorce.

The Trump supporters are going to hate him and it puts Conway in her place ... all the more reason Romney would make a great choices for Secy' State.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 10:48:54 pm »

He's 70 years young.  I was surprised he campaigned as vigorously as he did.  Some people are driven and excel and thrive in a fast-paced stressful environment; it appears he is one of them.  I don't think he'll seek another term; Barron will be a teenager and he'll go back to the lavish lifestyle he's accustomed to.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 11:27:28 pm »

:wtf!:  Sweetie, it's time to buy a vowel. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 11:28:58 pm »

Pace yourself, dear.  Pace yourself.  You're in for a tough four years so why shoot all you've got now?   :smokin:

Offline bilo

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 12:41:10 am »

I agree with you that he would be a good pick.

I don't think he needs to apologize for anything. Trump was nastier to Romney and other Pubs and I have yet to hear an apology from him.

So far Trump seems to be putting a really good group of people together. I'm hopeful they can get a lot of things fixed. That being said, my opinion of Trump hasn't changed all that much. I think he's doing a better job bringing solid conservatives together than I expected, but his lack of character hasn't changed over night.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 12:45:20 am »
He's 70 years young.  I was surprised he campaigned as vigorously as he did.  Some people are driven and excel and thrive in a fast-paced stressful environment; it appears he is one of them.  I don't think he'll seek another term; Barron will be a teenager and he'll go back to the lavish lifestyle he's accustomed to.

Ya think that until you see how the job grinds down people. Bush 2 and Obama looked like crap after 4 years and they were younger, fitter men.

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 12:49:20 am »
Pace yourself, dear.  Pace yourself.  You're in for a tough four years so why shoot all you've got now?   :smokin:

/snicker

Here comes the Brainless Bunch.  Where are the rest of your harpies?  Where'd @aligncare go?   Is he still shitting all over the forum and Myst on FR, the way you lot have done before?

Offline Frank Cannon

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 01:04:25 am »
Ya think that until you see how the job grinds down people. Bush 2 and Obama looked like crap after 4 years and they were younger, fitter men.

I'll give you that. However, shortly after taking office Bush found himself faced with an attack on our country and thousands dead.  Hussein looks like crap because he was in way over his head.  Trump has been in business and is used to a fast-paced lifestyle, but I don't see him wanting to pursue another 4 year stretch.

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 01:07:15 am »
Polishing his resume?

I hope Trump doesn't place the jelly doughnut boy in a cabinet position of any significance.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2016, 01:12:44 am »
You mean there's a reason for the Constitution?

I'm so deeply thankful that Hillary is gone that I can cut Trump a wee bit of slack ... a wee bit.  It will be interesting to see his next appointments.  If they infuriate the TOS crowd that will be another good thing.

Yep, Hillary gone is why I voted for Trump. Would rather of had Ted. Bot so far Trump is doing well in my book.

Time will tell , of course.

As for Romney...  :shrug: . Who knows, I would rather someone who would shake up STate.. maybe if it is Romney he can bring his experience and downsize it.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2016, 01:15:29 am »
I hope Trump doesn't place the jelly doughnut boy in a cabinet position of any significance.

If anyone knows about cabinets and how important they are, it is Christie Creme....

Online corbe

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2016, 02:29:58 am »
I'll give you that. However, shortly after taking office Bush found himself faced with an attack on our country and thousands dead.  Hussein looks like crap because he was in way over his head.  Trump has been in business and is used to a fast-paced lifestyle, but I don't see him wanting to pursue another 4 year stretch.

Another, Important Fact, the 'Recount' delayed his Cabinet Assembly process by 6 weeks.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2016, 04:19:13 am »
    Another, Important Fact, the 'Recount' delayed his Cabinet Assembly process by 6 weeks.

George W. has recovered.  He and Laura just adopted a new puppy.  He looks good... they both do.