Author Topic: Schumer: Republicans Are 'Plotting a War on Seniors'  (Read 6990 times)

rangerrebew

Schumer: Republicans Are 'Plotting a War on Seniors'
« on: November 30, 2016, 12:17:19 pm »

(CNSNews.com) - During the presidential campaign, Republican Donald Trump said he would not cut Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid, but no matter.

Sen. Chuck Schumer, the next Senate minority leader, on Tuesday warned that Republicans are "plotting a war on seniors."

The New York Democrat said he was "so disappointed" that Trump has nominated Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.) to be his Health and Human Services secretary. "When it comes to issues like Medicare, the Affordable Care Act and Planned Parenthood, Congressman Price and the average American couldn't be further apart," Schumer told a news conference on Capitol Hill.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/schumer-republicans-are-plotting-war-seniors

rangerrebew

Re: Schumer: Republicans Are 'Plotting a War on Seniors'
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 12:18:36 pm »
He's a Harry Reid clone.  Scare tactics and accusations without proof will be the guiding principle for the commiecrats - still.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:19:20 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 12:31:54 pm »
Democrats have been using scare tactics women, children, the elderly, the poor, Blacks, Hispanics, etc.   Chucky is projecting again.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 12:33:12 pm »
Here we go again.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 12:37:28 pm »
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:38:33 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 02:21:49 pm »
Fear tactics don't work with me, not after 30 years of marriage.

There's one thing to be said about making wine & viticulture your official hobby: a fine glass of wine is great for the body & soul, and doesn't harangue you for even the smallest of misdeeds.   22222frying pan
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 02:23:01 pm »

(CNSNews.com) - During the presidential campaign, Republican Donald Trump said he would not cut Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid, but no matter.

Sen. Chuck Schumer, the next Senate minority leader, on Tuesday warned that Republicans are "plotting a war on seniors."

The New York Democrat said he was "so disappointed" that Trump has nominated Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.) to be his Health and Human Services secretary. "When it comes to issues like Medicare, the Affordable Care Act and Planned Parenthood, Congressman Price and the average American couldn't be further apart," Schumer told a news conference on Capitol Hill.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/schumer-republicans-are-plotting-war-seniors

Schumer is one greasy b*st*rd. The perfect face for the democrat party.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 02:53:09 pm »
Democrats are still using the same playbook that has reduced them to minority party status; a few blue splotches on a big red map. The politics of group identity, patronage, accredited victim status and accusation privileges is yielding fewer returns these days for Democrats who seem unwilling to try something new. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 02:59:37 pm »
In other news, democRATs are trying to figure out what went wrong in this election.

Maybe someone could help Chuckie connect the dots.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 02:59:57 pm »
Democrats are still using the same playbook that has reduced them to minority party status; a few blue splotches on a big red map. The politics of group identity, patronage, accredited victim status and accusation privileges is yielding fewer returns these days for Democrats who seem unwilling to try something new.

You took the words right out of my mouth!  I was about to post something very similar but read through the thread first for a change!

Carry on running plays out of your 1939 playbook Democrats!  PLEASE carry on!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 03:17:11 pm »
You took the words right out of my mouth!  I was about to post something very similar but read through the thread first for a change!

It appears to me that the Democrat playbook is working as well as Alexandria's (Walking Dead). Is Trump Negan?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 03:27:20 pm »

Here is the playbook.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 03:42:21 pm »

I did hear that Chucky wants to introduce something called the Hatch Act this session.

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 03:45:11 pm »

Actually this has always worked well for Dems, wasn't hasn't is the anti-patriotism, race mongering, and identity politics.

But scaring seniors has always worked for the Dems. No surprise they try it now.

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 04:05:44 pm »
Sorry Chucky, last time I checked it is you and the DEM party who has plotted an attack on Seniors, women, blacks, Hispanics, our youth, and American in general!  Our fight Chucky, has just begun!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 04:31:42 pm »
Sorry Chucky, last time I checked it is you and the DEM party who has plotted an attack on Seniors, women, blacks, Hispanics, our youth, and American in general!  Our fight Chucky, has just begun!

Obie and Emanuel the Crypt Keeper are the only people I have heard suggest that seniors take the blue pill instead of getting well.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 04:36:41 pm »
Actually this has always worked well for Dems, wasn't hasn't is the anti-patriotism, race mongering, and identity politics.

But scaring seniors has always worked for the Dems. No surprise they try it now.

Oh, I agree that it has worked in the past. I just don't think it works any more, for both good and bad reasons.

Today's "seniors" are increasingly Baby Boomers, many of whom still think of themselves as eternally youthful. They would prefer not to think too deeply about Social Security or Medicare. They have heard and seen Democrat senior scare tactics ad infinitum. Their acquaintance with the concept of fiscal responsibility is often newly-discovered or else, tenuous. But financial integrity is not something one associates with Democrats this day, and for good reason; they have been historically reckless and profligate, and are rightly associated with such behavior.   
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 04:43:28 pm by andy58-in-nh »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 04:37:40 pm »
Democrats and the GOPe are instituting a war on generations yet unborn by accumulating debt that they will never be able to pay back.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 04:39:43 pm »

Other than Obama, the Rats have been losing their ass in elections all the way down to dog catcher running on scaring seniors.......and you say this has been effective?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 04:42:11 pm »
Schmucky is trying desperately to remain relevant.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 04:49:16 pm »

And this is going  to be the underlying difficulty in dealing with Medicare and Social Security. If Americans had to pay, through their taxes, the promised amounts of both programs, it would bankrupt them.  Like any government dependency program it's hard to convince those who are on the receiving end of them to give them up regardless of the fiscal situation we find ourselves in

But, by borrowing and printing, they are able to make these  programs appear affordable. The real reforms for these programs will probably not be very popular but necessary

If the incoming Trump administration really seriously tackles the spending and fiscal issues, they will have my support, regardless of what it does to their popularity. We can no longer kick the can down the road
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 04:52:52 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 05:01:41 pm »
Other than Obama, the Rats have been losing their ass in elections all the way down to dog catcher running on scaring seniors.......and you say this has been effective?

When was the last time the GOP seriously looked at SS reform and had the power to do something about it?

Bush got his ass kicked.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2016, 05:16:53 pm »
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2016, 05:23:05 pm »
Democrats and the GOPe are instituting a war on generations yet unborn by accumulating debt that they will never be able to pay back.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen: 

It needs to stop like RIGHT NOW!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2016, 05:32:15 pm »

When was the last time the GOP seriously looked at SS reform and had the power to do something about it?

Bush got his ass kicked.

Bush? 10 years ago? 10? That was 2 Presidents ago. Bad Day was a popular song. What happened to the Rats after that running on the seniors thing? Oh yeah. They became the weakest they have been since 1920.