Author Topic: Anti-Trump electors form fundraising committee  (Read 470 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Anti-Trump electors form fundraising committee
« on: November 30, 2016, 02:55:00 am »

Anti-Trump electors form fundraising committee

By Kyle Cheney

11/29/16 07:53 PM EST

An coalition of anti-Trump Electoral College members has opened a nonprofit political committee that enables it to raise funds in support of a three-week mad dash to halt Donald Trump's election.

The group, which has dubbed itself Hamilton Electors, registered a 527 political committee with Colorado's secretary of state on Tuesday; 527 is a reference to the section of the federal tax code that provides for tax-exempt political organizations.

The organization lists its incorporation address in Las Vegas, though it is registered to Micheal Baca, a Democratic elector from Colorado and a leader of the group. Baca and a handful of other Democratic electors are building an organization to lobby Republican counterparts to reject Trump.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/anti-trump-electors-form-fundraising-committee-231970
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Anti-Trump electors form fundraising committee
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 07:19:13 pm »
Yeah, that'll work.  It should be obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense that all these efforts are just attempts to scam money from them.  Of course, the "ounce of sense" requirement means that the leftists will fall for them easily.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!