Author Topic: Trump’s inauguration: ticket prices, $25,000 to $1 million  (Read 1274 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump’s inauguration: ticket prices, $25,000 to $1 million
« on: November 30, 2016, 02:49:02 am »
Gee ... and here I was expecting Trump to send me my free invite!   :silly:

Want to attend a ladies luncheon with Melania Trump? Or a candlelight dinner with President-elect Trump and Vice-President-elect Mike Pence? Want to hobnob with Trump Cabinet nominees and congressional leaders?

Easy: Simply plunk down $1 million to the Trump inaugural committee — a gift that guarantees high-rolling donors and corporate executives special access to the new leadership about to take over in Washington.

A copy of the package deals offered by the Trump inaugural committee was obtained late Tuesday by Yahoo News. It shows the enticements that are being offered to big contributors who are willing to chip in to help cover the $75 million tab the inaugural committee — chaired by private equity investor and longtime Trump friend Thomas Barrett — is hoping to raise for the event.

As is the custom for presidential inaugurations, the package deals progressively increase in cost — with more access, more events, and more tickets the more you give. These packages are, to say the least, not exactly for the blue-collar workers who helped Trump take Michigan or Ohio. And, given the hefty price tags, they could interfere with Trump’s efforts to “drain the swamp” of special interests in the nation’s capital.

The lowest-priced offering, at $25,000, gets you two tickets to the Inaugural Parade, an “entertainment-filled” Victory Reception, admission to the Inaugural Concert and Fireworks show and a black-tie ball. The next level, for $100,000 donors, will get you four tickets to those events — plus two tickets for “an intimate policy discussion and dinner” with select Cabinet appointees. A $250,000 check will get will get you all that plus admission for two to the Ladies Luncheon where you get to “meet the ladies of the first families.” But if you also want to attend the Candlelight Dinner with Trump and Pence, the price tag for admission for four is $500,000...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-inauguration-ticket-prices-25000-to-1-million-013543267.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump’s inauguration: ticket prices, $25,000 to $1 million
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 02:50:25 am »
Gee ... and here I was expecting Trump to send me my free invite!   :silly:

Want to attend a ladies luncheon with Melania Trump? Or a candlelight dinner with President-elect Trump and Vice-President-elect Mike Pence? Want to hobnob with Trump Cabinet nominees and congressional leaders?

Easy: Simply plunk down $1 million to the Trump inaugural committee — a gift that guarantees high-rolling donors and corporate executives special access to the new leadership about to take over in Washington.

A copy of the package deals offered by the Trump inaugural committee was obtained late Tuesday by Yahoo News. It shows the enticements that are being offered to big contributors who are willing to chip in to help cover the $75 million tab the inaugural committee — chaired by private equity investor and longtime Trump friend Thomas Barrett — is hoping to raise for the event.

As is the custom for presidential inaugurations, the package deals progressively increase in cost — with more access, more events, and more tickets the more you give. These packages are, to say the least, not exactly for the blue-collar workers who helped Trump take Michigan or Ohio. And, given the hefty price tags, they could interfere with Trump’s efforts to “drain the swamp” of special interests in the nation’s capital.

The lowest-priced offering, at $25,000, gets you two tickets to the Inaugural Parade, an “entertainment-filled” Victory Reception, admission to the Inaugural Concert and Fireworks show and a black-tie ball. The next level, for $100,000 donors, will get you four tickets to those events — plus two tickets for “an intimate policy discussion and dinner” with select Cabinet appointees. A $250,000 check will get will get you all that plus admission for two to the Ladies Luncheon where you get to “meet the ladies of the first families.” But if you also want to attend the Candlelight Dinner with Trump and Pence, the price tag for admission for four is $500,000...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-inauguration-ticket-prices-25000-to-1-million-013543267.html

But ... what will they pay me to watch it on TV?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 03:01:59 am »
I guess I'll be staying home as well (sigh), my buddy Sir Elton John won't be performing at the inaugural ball, so I still don't have a free invite!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/elton-john-denies-plans-to-play-donald-trumps-inauguration-w452317

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 03:16:56 am »
Quote from: YahooNews

Isn't this the same type of influence peddling that the Clintons engaged in?

You can take Trump out of the Democrat Party, but you can't take the Democrat out of Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 03:26:28 am »
Isn't this the same type of influence peddling that the Clintons engaged in?

You can take Trump out of the Democrat Party, but you can't take the Democrat out of Trump.

His ex campaign manager is planning the event and his billionaire cronies are helping as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/associate-of-paul-manafort-trumps-ousted-campaign-manager-now-planning-the-inauguration-173000661.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewithorn/2016/11/17/meet-the-billionaires-planning-trumps-inaugural-festivities/#433467bc5aad