Author Topic: McCarthy: Oversight will hold Trump 'accountable'  (Read 432 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy: Oversight will hold Trump 'accountable'
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:58:52 pm »
By Scott Wong - 11/29/16 10:44 AM EST

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Caif.) said Tuesday he believes the GOP-controlled Oversight Committee would not hesitate to investigate the incoming Republican president, Donald Trump, if it found just cause.

“The Oversight Committee is supposed to be oversight no matter who is in” the White House, McCarthy, a Trump supporter and the No. 2 House GOP leader, said at a Washington Post event.

“Oversight is oversight. And I want Oversight to hold me accountable, too,” he added. “It’s not based upon [whether it’s] Donald; it’s based upon what is the role of your jobs, carry out your jobs and put blinders on.”

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/307838-mccarthy-oversight-will-hold-trump-accountable
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: McCarthy: Oversight will hold Trump 'accountable'
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 04:46:51 pm »
By Scott Wong - 11/29/16 10:44 AM EST

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Caif.) said Tuesday he believes the GOP-controlled Oversight Committee would not hesitate to investigate the incoming Republican president, Donald Trump, if it found just cause.

“The Oversight Committee is supposed to be oversight no matter who is in” the White House, McCarthy, a Trump supporter and the No. 2 House GOP leader, said at a Washington Post event.

“Oversight is oversight. And I want Oversight to hold me accountable, too,” he added. “It’s not based upon [whether it’s] Donald; it’s based upon what is the role of your jobs, carry out your jobs and put blinders on.”

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/307838-mccarthy-oversight-will-hold-trump-accountable

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: McCarthy: Oversight will hold Trump 'accountable'
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 05:14:54 pm »
Then we can expect the same stellar performance we've seen against Obama. Wunderbar, if you'll pardon my German.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour