Author Topic: House Dems brace for Wednesday’s secret ballot  (Read 1664 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Dems brace for Wednesday’s secret ballot
« on: November 29, 2016, 02:04:10 pm »
House Dems brace for Wednesday’s secret ballot
By Mike Lillis - 11/29/16 06:00 AM EST

House Democrats return to Washington on Tuesday grappling over the best course for the party’s future.

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), facing a challenge from Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio), is seen as the heavy favorite in elections on Wednesday to keep her top leadership spot, where she’s been perched for the past 14 years.

Democrats will decide on their new leader in a secret ballot vote that highlights the caucus’s restlessness and resurrects internal tensions that have simmered since Democrats lost control of the lower chamber in 2010.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/307799-house-dems-brace-for-wednesdays-secret-ballot
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: House Dems brace for Wednesday’s secret ballot
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 02:13:34 pm »
Between the botox and the novocain lipstick she looks like a cross between an aardvark and an albino rat...and just as ill tempered.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 02:18:53 pm »
Between the botox and the novocain lipstick she looks like a cross between an aardvark and an albino rat...and just as ill tempered.

I did a few ceremonies where she was at in D.C. that look is even more hideous in in person.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 02:21:33 pm »

:beer:  With any luck they will secretly vote her out as minority leader!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 02:26:53 pm »

Anything to not see her ugly mug for the duration.  Here is hoping!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 02:48:36 pm »

Lovers of aardvarks and albino rats are weeping, thanks to you!   :tongue2:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 03:38:41 pm »
Why would they keep her? She's presided over the biggest Congressional disaster for the democrats in... well I don't know how long. But since losing the House in 2010, things have only gone backwards.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 04:04:02 pm »
Why would they keep her? She's presided over the biggest Congressional disaster for the democrats in... well I don't know how long. But since losing the House in 2010, things have only gone backwards.

Same reason McConnell won't get voted out.  Power and wealth.  They have the juice to help the party members that support them (i.e. get reelected to the Leadership position) get reelected or run out of town if they decide to not go with the flow.  They decide who gets choice committee positions and who gets relegated to the back bench.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 04:05:31 pm »
Same reason McConnell won't get voted out.  Power and wealth.  They have the juice to help the party members that support them (i.e. get reelected to the Leadership position) get reelected or run out of town if they decide to not go with the flow.  They decide who gets choice committee positions and who gets relegated to the back bench.

Yeah but at least McConnell has results: they not only captured the Senate, they kept the Senate this year when a lot of polls were showing that the GOP would lose the Senate.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 04:10:42 pm »

Yeah but at least McConnell has results: they not only captured the Senate, they kept the Senate this year when a lot of polls were showing that the GOP would lose the Senate.

The retention of a majority doesn't matter...IMHO...if you don't do what you promised the people you were going to do.  We gave the House and Senate to the Republicans only to get kicked in the nuts for our efforts.  McConnell and Boenher/Ryan gave this Administration everything they wanted and surrendered their Constitutional obligations when necessary.

Right now a lot of people are feeling like McConnell and company have been crying wolf.

Unless something real and meaningful happens between now and 2018 where Obamacare immigration and spending are concerned..the Dems will get the majority back and it will be Speaker Pelosi (again) and Majority Leader Schumer *shudder*

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 04:12:22 pm »
The retention of a majority doesn't matter...IMHO...if you don't do what you promised the people you were going to do.  We gave the House and Senate to the Republicans only to get kicked in the nuts for our efforts.  McConnell and Boenher/Ryan gave this Administration everything they wanted and surrendered their Constitutional obligations when necessary.

Right now a lot of people are feeling like McConnell and company have been crying wolf.

Unless something real and meaningful happens between now and 2018 where Obamacare immigration and spending are concerned..the Dems will get the majority back and it will be Speaker Pelosi (again) and Majority Leader Schumer *shudder*

Right. It's up to Trump I guess. Previously they had Obama as an excuse for inaction, now they have nothing.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 04:13:47 pm »

Right. It's up to Trump I guess. Previously they had Obama as an excuse for inaction, now they have nothing.

How is Trump going to do what the Constitution delegates to Congress?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 04:16:22 pm »

Lets hope he does the right thing.

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 04:17:10 pm »
How is Trump going to do what the Constitution delegates to Congress?

Well previously Obama would've blocked things like immigration reform, etc. At least that was their excuse.

Trump has to sign the legislation. Otherwise they are out of excuses.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 04:21:03 pm »

Personally I'm rooting for them to not do that!  I want them to keep right on doing what they've been doing!  Working wonderfully for them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 04:24:04 pm »

Well previously Obama would've blocked things like immigration reform, etc. At least that was their excuse.

Trump has to sign the legislation. Otherwise they are out of excuses.

And who's to say Trump, being a NYC liberal, won't also block - veto - bills that aren't sufficiently liberal?

Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 04:27:31 pm »
Lovers of aardvarks and albino rats are weeping, thanks to you!   :tongue2:

If they wouldn't mate we wouldn't be in this mess!  LOL

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 04:30:52 pm »
Personally I'm rooting for them to not do that!  I want them to keep right on doing what they've been doing!  Working wonderfully for them!

Agree. Nancy, like an STD, is the gift that keeps on giving. Go Nancy!
The Republic is lost.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 04:10:30 am »
Hmmm

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 04:13:43 am »
I wonder how many illegals, dead and felons will be voting in this Rat election?