Author Topic: Wisconsin Denies Request For Recount By Hand As Jill Stein Threatens To Sue  (Read 1435 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: ZERO HEDGE

URL: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-28/wisconsin-denies-request-recount-hand-stein-threatens-sue

Finally, a voice of reason emerges in Wisconsin to combat Jill Stein's useless recount crusade.  According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Wisconsin Elections Commission Chairman, Mark Thomsen, who happens to be Democrat, announced earlier that the committee would follow through with Stein's recount request but denied a request that the recount be conducted by hand.  Thomsen cited a 2011 recount that changed the overall vote margin by 300 votes as evidence that the current recount would overturn Trump's 22,177 vote lead in the state.

Citing the results of a 2011 statewide recount that changed only 300 votes, Elections Commission chairman Mark Thomsen, a Democrat, said this presidential recount is very unlikely to change Republican Donald Trump's win in the state.

"It may not be 22,177," said Thomsen, referring to Trump's win over Democrat Hillary Clinton in the vote count. "But I don’t doubt that the president-elect is going to win that."

Thomsen dismissed Stein's claims of problems with the vote as unfounded and misleading. But he directed his toughest criticism to Trump's unsupported allegations that millions of people voted illegally nationwide, calling them "an insult to the people that run our elections."

Under the plan adopted Monday, the recount would begin Thursday and could cost $1 million.  Of course, we assume that Stein didn't factor in the incremental costs associated with suing states that call her out for her ridiculous recount efforts.  As such, she may need to raise some more money just as the flow of funds seem to have slowed to a trickle...we suspect Hillary supporters have finally caught on to the scam.

Here is the official timeline for the recount per the Wisconsin Election Commission:

Monday, cost estimates and vote tabulation method will be provided by county clerks to the commission by noon. Commission officials will provide estimated statewide costs to the campaigns of both Stein and De La Fuente by the end of the day.

Tuesday, the Stein, De La Fuente or both must pay for the recount. Once full payment is received, the commission will issue a recount order to all presidential candidates.

Wednesday, commission staff will hold a teleconference in the morning for all county clerks and canvass members to outline the process and rules of a recount. Since a 24-hour public meeting notice is required for the recount, each county must post its notice by Wednesday.

Thursday, recount begins in every Wisconsin county.

Dec. 12, all county canvass boards must be completed by 8 p.m.

Dec. 13, Elections Commission staff will prepare the official recount canvass certification by 3 p.m.

Meanwhile, this may all be a "best case scenario" for Stein who would get to pocket the $6.3mm raised so far if recount efforts are denied and she decides to walk away.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:40:07 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Suppressed

Ch-ching!

Jill Stein grabs cash but looks to be the heroine to the lefties.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

HonestJohn

Ch-ching!

Jill Stein grabs cash but looks to be the heroine to the lefties.

I said the same, but was forcefully (here at this site) told that I was so very, very wrong.

Online kevindavis007

Reminds me of the huckster from the 04 Ohio recount.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Vulcan

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:28:19 am by Vulcan »

Oceander

How do we know she gets to keep all the money?

Offline libertybele

How do we know she gets to keep all the money?

If it doesn't go towards the recount effort what is she going to do with it?  Give it back to all those that donated?  Perhaps pay off some campaign debt or maybe bank it for next election or maybe she'd just like to take a vacation!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If it doesn't go towards the recount effort what is she going to do with it?  Give it back to all those that donated?  Perhaps pay off some campaign debt or maybe bank it for next election or maybe she'd just like to take a vacation!

Campaign debts to people such as her husband, first cousin, mother-in-law, etc. etc.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

It appears she is suing to demand a recount by hand!  IMHO her intent is to throw the election by making it impossible for the votes to be tabulated in MI, PA, and WI which could deny Trump votes.  In addition, electoral members are being 'encouraged' to change their votes from Trump to Clinton.  I don't see this outcome favoring Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

The crowdfunding page addresses and this and claims it will go to progressive blah blah blah.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Wisconsin Denies Request For Recount By Hand As Jill Stein Threatens To Sue
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 12:51:57 pm »
According to Law News,

Before you donate to Green Party candidate Jill Stein‘s effort to demand a recount in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, you may want to read the fine print on her website. So far, she has raised $4.8 million, but take a look at this little clause at the end of donation form:
We cannot guarantee a recount will happen in any of these states we are targeting. We can only pledge we will demand recounts in those states.
If we raise more than what’s needed, the surplus will also go toward election integrity efforts and to promote voting system reform.
And interestingly, as more donations started pouring in over the holiday, Stein moved her total fundraising goal to $7 million.

She originally had a goal of $2.5 million. She also upped the amount she will need for lawyer’s fees.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't that be wonderful!? She collects $6.5 million and then backs out at the last minute keeping all the money. My goodness, if that happened I would be laughing until next month about it.

The only issue with that is that most of this money was given to her by Soros and several other powerful pro-Hillary groups. If she did decide to take the money and run, I doubt she would live long enough to be able to enjoy it.

But still, it is gratifying to see that the States Stein is targeting know exactly what she is trying to do. And they are not having it. I knew from the beginning that these three major States were not going to be manipulated by some crazy wacko on a quixotic quest, with the sole purpose of gaining fame and fortune for herself.

Jill Stein needs to be slapped down hard, by rational people in positions of authority. And it sounds like that is exactly what is happening in several ways. The U.S. Presidential election is not something to be trifled with. It is not a game for Jill's personal amusement. I think she is finding that out.

Also, I think Hillary made a big mistake getting involved with this lunatic grifter. Hillary thought she could tarnish Trump with this nonsense. Instead, she may wind up digging herself even deeper into the pit of infamy where she currently lives.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Wisconsin Denies Request For Recount By Hand As Jill Stein Threatens To Sue
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 03:21:07 pm »

Or maybe there's lakeside property available in Bernie's neighborhood.   :smokin: