Author Topic: Texas elector who criticized Trump says he’s resigning  (Read 1766 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas elector who criticized Trump says he’s resigning
« on: November 28, 2016, 04:47:18 pm »

Texas elector who criticized Trump says he’s resigning

By Kyle Cheney

11/28/16 10:11 AM EST

A Republican member of the Electoral College who had expressed reservations about supporting President-elect Donald Trump has opted instead to resign his position and turn it over to an alternate elector.

Art Sisneros, a Texas Republican elector who told POLITICO in August that he was strongly weighing a vote against Trump, confirmed Monday that he would quit the position. Sisneros had said as recently as last week that he still hadn't decided how to cast his electoral vote.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/art-sisneros-texas-electoral-college-resigns-231874
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline thackney

Re: Texas elector who criticized Trump says he’s resigning
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 05:00:42 pm »
http://www.texasmonthly.com/burka-blog/meet-texas-presidential-elector-may-not-vote-trump/

...Sisneros, a libertarian and a Christian, supported Rand Paul in the Republican primary; for president, he wrote in Thomas Hoefling, a little-known anti-abortion activist from Iowa whom Sisneros called “the only qualified” candidate in the race. The day before the general election, Sisneros published an essay entitled “Biblical Voting in the Age of Trump” detailing his qualms with the president-elect on his personal website. The essay closely examines a number of passages of scripture in an attempt to divine whether “it is acceptable for a Christian to vote for a man like Trump for President.” Sisneros concludes that it is not:

It seems clear to me that God both calls me to vote and directs me to only vote for men who fear Him and are just according to God’s law. He doesn’t expect or allow me to add to his qualifications and seek for perfection. He also doesn’t hold me accountable for all the sins that these qualified men commit once in office. He does, however, give me clear commands for who is qualified and expects me to be obedient with my calling as a voter. Therefore, I can not in good conscience vote for Donald Trump for President....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 05:02:54 pm »
@mystery-ak

Since this man could not vote for Trump, he resigned for that reason and because by resigning, he has kept himself inside the Party.  If he had not resigned and voted for someone besides Trump, the Party would have ostracized him and he would never again be selected for anything.   

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 05:37:03 pm »
Meh - it's the honest thing to do. Could have done it earlier, I guess, but I'm not hassling a guy for listening to his conscience.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 05:48:00 pm »

Calls Free Republic's own Eternal Vigilance "only qualified" candidate.

Shows the judgment of turd party whackos

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 05:53:05 pm »
I consider that the more honorable thing to do than be a faithless elector.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 06:05:38 pm »

I consider that the more honorable thing to do than be a faithless elector.

Me too. He did the right thing. If a defense attorney feels that he cannot defend a client for whatever personal reason, then he should resign the case. Same here. If he cannot do what he was tasked to do, then resigning is much better than betraying the people he represents.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 06:13:10 pm »

Trumpturds should know all about the judgment of turds.   

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 07:02:03 pm »

Trumpturds should know all about the judgment of turds.

What the hell is wrong with you dude? You need therapy. You need a diaper pin, coloring book, and a safe place to cry.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline beandog

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 07:02:10 pm »

Since FR is a whole fish bowl of whacko turds, I guess he's in good company. :silly:

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 08:09:45 pm »
Since FR is a whole fish bowl of whacko turds, I guess he's in good company. :silly:

Over at TOS We know what's coming down the pipe.  No tank too big, no tank too small, teacup or cesspool, TOS sucks 'em all!

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 10:19:32 pm »

@truth_seeker

Because only "wackos" refuse slavery to the party system and support candidates who share their values.

I think the claim that Hoefling is the only qualified candidate is absurd.  I don't really know anything about his qualifications.  But in this country, anyone can run for president.  Even know-nothing reality show celebrities.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 10:49:25 pm »
@truth_seeker

Because only "wackos" refuse slavery to the party system and support candidates who share their values.

I think the claim that Hoefling is the only qualified candidate is absurd.  I don't really know anything about his qualifications.  But in this country, anyone can run for president.  Even know-nothing reality show celebrities.

Reagan, Arnold and now Trump. I voted for all three of them.

In general, all three did and/or will turn out equal or better than career political people.

And all three were far better than their democrat opponents in the general elections.

I realize that simple common sense logic is not common here. Gotta feed the nevertrump obsessions

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 11:33:39 pm »
Reagan, Arnold and now Trump. I voted for all three of them.

In general, all three did and/or will turn out equal or better than career political people.

And all three were far better than their democrat opponents in the general elections.

I realize that simple common sense logic is not common here. Gotta feed the nevertrump obsessions

@truth_seeker

I'm glad you're pleased with your votes.  But you don't own mine, and I'm done wasting it on hacks who might or might not be marginally better than Democrats.  I 'll vote for the candidate who shares my values. 

Regarding Trump, I fully intend to give him a chance.  If he does something right, I'll give him credit.  If he screws up, I'll bust him.  Trump is a servant of the people now.  He answers to us, and he needs to produce.  I'm going to see what he will do, but so far his transition has been as chaotic as his campaign.

That's what the founders intended, after all.  That is logic---not blind allegiance to a party or the adulation of a cult of personality.