Author Topic: Trump falsely claims 'millions of people who voted illegally' cost him popular vote  (Read 2281 times)

Offline bolobaby

Washington (CNN)President-elect Donald Trump alleged Sunday, without evidence, that "millions of people" voted illegally for Hillary Clinton and otherwise he would have won the popular vote. It's an unprecedented allegation by a president-elect.

Trump won the Electoral College and thus the White House, but the Democratic nominee leads him in the popular vote by about two million ballots.

"In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally," Trump tweeted.

More...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/27/politics/donald-trump-voter-fraud-popular-vote/
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

This article kind of sickens me.

Sure, Trump is an ass for making a rather loaded claim, but any article that starts off like this...

"President-elect Donald Trump alleged Sunday, without evidence..."

...and offers NO evidence themselves that what he says isn't true is a joke.

That's the tricky thing about secret ballots. Even if we knew that 10 million illegals voted, we would have no way of knowing they voted for Trump or Clinton.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Sure, Trump is an ass for making a rather loaded claim, but any article that starts off like this...

That's the tricky thing about secret ballots. Even if we knew that 10 million illegals voted, we would have no way of knowing they voted for Trump or Clinton.

Trump made the claim, it's up to Trump to prove it. Impossible to prove a negative.

Offline skeeter

Waiting to hear one MSM source similarly lead off a story about the recount being initiated by the Green Party.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
As said in the other thread, as long as we have such a weak voter ID system, one can make such a claim.

Proving a negative? Oh, yeah, we depend on people, especially those who aren't from our country to be on their honor.

• Technical
As said in the other thread, as long as we have such a weak voter ID system, one can make such a claim.

Proving a negative? Oh, yeah, we depend on people, especially those who aren't from our country to be on their honor.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for evidence to go with such a wild claim.

Offline r9etb

Impossible to prove a negative.

Can you prove that statement? 

Oceander

One can claim the Moon is made of green cheese.  That doesn't make it so.  If this is happening in the numbers Trump claims then he had better have evidence that justifies that claim.  So far he hasn't presented it, so he looks less than truthful. 

Offline TomSea

Offline TomSea

One can claim the Moon is made of green cheese.  That doesn't make it so.  If this is happening in the numbers Trump claims then he had better have evidence that justifies that claim.  So far he hasn't presented it, so he looks less than truthful.

Voter monitoring group says so.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/immigration/item/24630-vote-fraud-monitoring-group-says-three-million-noncitizens-voted-in-presidential-election

Really, I don't see conservatives doubting voter fraud going on.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 03:43:58 pm by TomSea »

Offline skeeter

Well, this administration gave social security numbers to hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens, and several states provide illegals drivers licenses. Obama even promised illegals they wouldn't be prosecuted if caught voting.

So, while no solid proof exists that illegals participated in the election its pretty safe to assume that very many did.

Oceander

So, while no solid proof exists that illegals participated in the election its pretty safe to assume that very many did.

Thanks for the money quote.  Getting the proof will be difficult, I grant that, but without it the claims that millions voted are specious and only serve to distract from the issue. 

• Technical
Voter monitoring group says so.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/immigration/item/24630-vote-fraud-monitoring-group-says-three-million-noncitizens-voted-in-presidential-election

Really, I don't see conservatives doubting voter fraud going on.

How do you know that's correct? If they have a database of illegal voters, why aren't they handing it over to the authorities to arrest them?

Offline skeeter

Thanks for the money quote.  Getting the proof will be difficult, I grant that, but without it the claims that millions voted are specious and only serve to distract from the issue.

I would've thought so too, but I've been so wrong about how this guy is perceived by many average people from the start I won't make that assumption.

In fact, if the recent past is any indication Trump's comments will probably finally provoke public attention to the subject of institutionalized voter fraud.

Offline bolobaby

1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline bolobaby

How do you know that's correct? If they have a database of illegal voters, why aren't they handing it over to the authorities to arrest them?

Dude, in many places, they don't arrest illegals for being illegal.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline skeeter

Dude, in many places, they don't arrest illegals for being illegal.

Is there any place in this nation where they do?

HonestJohn

Actually, the only people who voted for Trump were illegals.

Source: I don't need no steeenkin' sources!

---

There, my claim is as valid as Trump's.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Trump made the claim, it's up to Trump to prove it. Impossible to prove a negative.

Had CNN said that Trump's claims were "unproven", you'd be right.  But they actually said Trump's claims were false, and that's an assertion that requires evidence of its own.

Offline skeeter

Had CNN said that Trump's claims were "unproven", you'd be right.  But they actually said Trump's claims were false, and that's an assertion that requires evidence of its own.

This is nuts.

Trump made the claim in response to a plan to recount votes in several states, which would imply fraud, for which there is no evidence. He's not the one asking for a recount. Shouldn't we be at least as critical of the goofballs actually seeking to gain some kind of political advantage from their unsubstantiated claims than we are of Trump typically shooting from the hip?

• Technical
This is nuts.

Trump made the claim in response to a plan to recount votes in several states, which would imply fraud, for which there is no evidence. He's not the one asking for a recount. Shouldn't we be at least as critical of the goofballs actually seeking to gain some kind of political advantage from their unsubstantiated claims than we are of Trump typically shooting from the hip?

Trump is a dope. He doesn't like the recount so he claims that millions are fraudulently voting. That is stupid.

Offline skeeter

Trump is a dope. He doesn't like the recount so he claims that millions are fraudulently voting. That is stupid.

Yeah probably, but IMO b*tching about it and not the recount equates to straining out a gnat while swallowing a camel.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 07:06:25 pm by skeeter »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Can you prove that statement?
Heh, heh, heh.  :laugh:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour