Author Topic: Top aide: Trump 'gracious' by not prosecuting Clinton for emails amid recount  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
    Kellyanne Conway: Trump has been "incredibly gracious" to Clinton #CNNSOTU https://t.co/P5Mr8ZhGhI
    — CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) November 27, 2016

Donald Trump is being "gracious" by not prosecuting Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server even though she is going along with an effort to recount ballots in key swing states, a top aide to the president-elect said Sunday.

"This is the president-elect's position right now, and I would say he's been incredibly gracious and magnanimous to Secretary Clinton at a time when, for whatever reason, her folks are saying they will join in a recount to try to somehow undo the 70 plus electoral votes that he beat her by," Kellyanne Conway said on CNN's "State of the Union."

"She congratulated him, and she conceded to him on election night, and the idea that we are going to drag this our now when the president-elect has been incredibly magnanimous to Clinton and the Obamas is pretty incredible."...

Read more at: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/307599-top-aide-trump-gracious-by-not-prosecuting-clinton-for-emails-amid-recount

-----

I was hoping they'd fire that shot across her bow.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I want to know when Donald Trump has ever been gracious?  He's like a pariah in business.  It really must cut like a knife the small business people he has screwed to build his empire.  Put people out of business by not paying them.  His way is to sue anyone and everyone to climb the back of the loosers to make himself great.  (in his own eyes)  That is how he did it.  But somehow he is gracious to Hillary.  This is a chance that will never come again to prosecute Hillary for her crimes.  It was a campaign promise to the people.  And they "believed him".
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

It was a promise he had no right to make.  Neither does he have the right to be "gracious."  This is outside his domain other than he will have the power to pardon her should it come to that.

He turned our important laws on this matter into political campaign fodder.  Now he is making a mockery of us all -- and our laws.

He had no intent to do anything to his friend, Hillary.  He has no intention to follow through on any of his empty campaign promises.

They were intended to fool people into voting for him to get more recognition for himself.

Once a narcissist, always a narcissist.

Being elected President doesn't magically create character in a person who has none.  Anyone expecting anything different is a fool.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

He had no intent to do anything to his friend, Hillary.  He has no intention to follow through on any of his empty campaign promises.

They were intended to fool people into voting for him to get more recognition for himself.

Once a narcissist, always a narcissist.

Being elected President doesn't magically create character in a person who has none.  Anyone expecting anything different is a fool.

Some are now making excuses.  The excuse is that every president makes promises.  I guess they are telling us that every candidate can be a liar the entire campaign and do as he pleases when elected.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Oceander

/snicker

The mind-pithed jackasses - for that is what they are - are as good at rewriting history to suit their egos as were the Soviets of old.

Trump promised - in a nationally televised "debate" no less - to prosecute Clinton if he won, and now he's reneged on that promise.  He either lied to you then, or he's lying to you now.  Those are your only two choices:  are you a steer, or a queer?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:22:51 pm by Oceander »

Offline musiclady

Some are now making excuses.  The excuse is that every president makes promises.  I guess they are telling us that every candidate can be a liar the entire campaign and do as he pleases when elected.

That's because Trump is "their" liar.  They love him, and he can do whatever he pleases, truthful or not.  He can break every promise he made, and they will always make excuses for their idol.

This was a critical promise.  This was one of the reasons some people held their noses and voted for the creep.

His reneging on this promise and calling it "grace" is beyond other lies.

But it's only one of many false promises he made that he had no intention to keep.

The level of foolishness in his lackeys will be measured at how many promises he breaks before they finally realize that their support went to a man who is nearly pathological in his deceit.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

That's because Trump is "their" liar.  They love him, and he can do whatever he pleases, truthful or not.  He can break every promise he made, and they will always make excuses for their idol.

This was a critical promise.  This was one of the reasons some people held their noses and voted for the creep.

His reneging on this promise and calling it "grace" is beyond other lies.

But it's only one of many false promises he made that he had no intention to keep.

The level of foolishness in his lackeys will be measured at how many promises he breaks before they finally realize that their support went to a man who is nearly pathological in his deceit.

Trump is like a surprise Christmas gift.  You hope it isn't a joke but you know it could contain anything.  And if you get that gift that someone had in a drawer or closet collecting dust you smile and say there is a next year.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:37:41 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Donald Trump is being "gracious" by not prosecuting Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server even though she is going along with an effort to recount ballots in key swing states, a top aide to the president-elect said Sunday.
So he's being a gracious liar. I know several people who only voted for Trump because he promised to prosecute Hillary. How many people across this country were voting for him by that promise? Enough to sway the election?
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
So he's being a gracious liar. I know several people who only voted for Trump because he promised to prosecute Hillary. How many people across this country were voting for him by that promise? Enough to sway the election?

He told them what they wanted to hear and they didn't question it.

That should teach them about buying that unpasturized snake oil but I doubt it.