Author Topic: Truthy Researcher Launches New Fact-Checking Project  (Read 466 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Truthy Researcher Launches New Fact-Checking Project
« on: November 26, 2016, 03:45:05 pm »
This should give you a few chills:

BY: Elizabeth Harrington   
November 26, 2016 5:00 am

The head researcher behind the government-funded project to track “misinformation” and “hate speech” online is now getting into the fact-checking business.

Filippo Menczer, a professor of informatics and computer science at Indiana University, explained during a lecture earlier this fall that he is creating a new system to go along with “Truthy” that he hopes can automatically extract tweets to be “fact-checked.”

During his talk at Northwestern University, Menczer also falsely claimed that the Washington Free Beacon is an “alt-right” website....

http://freebeacon.com/issues/truthy-researcher-launches-new-fact-checking-project/?utm_source=Freedom+Mail&utm_campaign=418ac9efb4-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2016_11_26&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5e6e0e9ea-418ac9efb4-46053053

OK, so from what I know now, I believe that the alt-right does exist and that some of them are not people I would care to hang with.  I also think that it doesn't matter much what I believe in this respect because the "alt-right" concept is being developed and used for the purpose of destroying the right, and we will all become alt-right whether we agree with them or not.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Truthy Researcher Launches New Fact-Checking Project
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 03:59:37 pm »
Agreed;

Here is an article I read whereas Alex Jones is being called the "alt-right"; that's why this definition out there of "alt-right" doesn't seem to sound. I don't consider Jones and Infowars to be all those things they say, he is a conspiracy-hack and basically beyond the pale for me but I don't think it's racism and all of that stuff. It's what was called black helicopter stuff I thought.

The populist rhetoric of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has energised a disparate American movement that is accused of racism, anti-Semitism and misogyny.

Before Trump came along, Alex Jones was the great white hope for an army of disillusioned Americans.

The radio presenter's rasping delivery may be hard on the ears but for his fans it's food for the soul.

On the fringes of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland this summer Mr Jones was mobbed like a pop star after barking that he had given his enemies a "giant red, white and blue middle finger."

Read More At: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37899026

In general, I don't think Alex Jones is healthy; he blames the federal government on a lot of things, I think he also hawks some pretty outrageous conspiracies, FEMA camps, Sandy Hook and all of that. But neo-nazi? No way.

And InfoWars might have decent articles from time to time, they are also likely Putin-sympathizers, give out info sympathetic to Russia, etc.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:00:55 pm by TomSea »