Author Topic: NY Post: Secret Service in Talks to Rent Space in Trump Tower  (Read 1670 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NY Post: Secret Service in Talks to Rent Space in Trump Tower
« on: November 25, 2016, 02:40:09 pm »

Newsmax
NY Post: Secret Service in Talks to Rent Space in Trump Tower
Thursday, November 24, 2016 11:38 PM

By: Greg Richter

The Secret Service and New York Police Department are in talks to lease two vacant floors of Trump Tower in Manhattan to run as a command center to protect President-elect Donald Trump and his family, the New York Post reports.

Trump's wife, Melania, and 10-year-old son, Barron, plan to keep living in the penthouse atop the 68-story landmark at least until the end of the current school year, making security there of vital importance around the clock.

Even if the first lady and Barron move into the White House later, Trump has indicated he plans to spend lots of time at his New York home as well as his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida and other properties. All will need security.

The arrangement is nothing new, the Post notes, pointing out that the Secret Service pays Vice President Joe Biden $2,200-a-month to rent a cottage next to his home in Wilmington, Delaware. The agency also rents private homes when President Barack Obama and other past presidents have vacationed.

But Trump's space is prime New York retail space with a going rate of $3 million a year, and taxpayers would be paying the money to the president's own corpation, the Post said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/secret-service-trump-tower-lease/2016/11/24/id/760604/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: NY Post: Secret Service in Talks to Rent Space in Trump Tower
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 02:44:02 pm »
 **nononono*

See this kind of stuff is gonna be Trump's undoing.

Trump fans are delusional if they think people will put up with this kind of crap for long.

HonestJohn

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 10:25:11 pm »
**nononono*

Trump fans are delusional if they think people will put up with this kind of crap for long.

He ought to put up a 'GoFundMe' site and get his legions of loyal laborers to pony up for it.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 10:28:21 pm »
Prepare for the gouging of the taxpayers

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 10:49:32 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 11:01:54 pm »
**nononono*

It's "only" $3 million just for the space alone.  :silly:

geronl

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 11:07:26 pm »
It's "only" $3 million just for the space alone.  :silly:

That just refers to the rarefied air within those floors.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 03:27:01 am »

Why?  It hasn't been the kind of stuff undoing Biden ..... and he's been charging the Secret Service $2,200 per month to rent a cottage next to his waterfront home outside Wilmington, Del for eight years.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 03:30:25 am »

Well maybe Trump will give them a deal...after all he's not even taking a salary
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 03:31:40 am »
Well maybe Trump will give them a deal...after all he's not even taking a salary

sure. He took a salary during the campaign from his donors, now he'll make millions from the taxpayers.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 04:38:34 am »

Well I am not quite sure what is going to happen.  There has been plenty of coverage of Melania and Barron staying in the Penthouse.  What they aren't saying is where Donald is going to stay.  This is going to cost taxpayers "yuuuuuuge", I mean realy, realy "bigly".  Separate security details.  And I mentioned this before Trump Tower penthouse has floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows.  I don't live in New York so I don't know what kind of a risk that is.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 04:46:16 am »

The arrangement is nothing new, the Post notes, pointing out that the Secret Service pays Vice President Joe Biden $2,200-a-month to rent a cottage next to his home in Wilmington, Delaware. The agency also rents private homes when President Barack Obama and other past presidents have vacationed.

But the arrangement gives nevertrumpers something to find fault over.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 07:07:35 am »
But the arrangement gives nevertrumpers something to find fault over.

Evidently Trumpers' math is so bad, they can't tell the difference between $26,400 and $3,000,000.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 10:38:55 am »
Well I am not quite sure what is going to happen.  There has been plenty of coverage of Melania and Barron staying in the Penthouse.  What they aren't saying is where Donald is going to stay.  This is going to cost taxpayers "yuuuuuuge", I mean realy, realy "bigly".  Separate security details.  And I mentioned this before Trump Tower penthouse has floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows.  I don't live in New York so I don't know what kind of a risk that is.

He gave his own campaign markup prices.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 11:57:06 am »

Indeed.  And we complained about Obama's vacations, golf excursions and supposed "official business" trips.  The current Grifter-in-Chief will have nothing on this con artist.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 12:20:18 pm »
Indeed.  And we complained about Obama's vacations, golf excursions and supposed "official business" trips.  The current Grifter-in-Chief will have nothing on this con artist.

The funny thing is that Trump fans keep telling us that Trump won't take the salary. The presidential salary is only about a half million dollars so this space alone is 6 times as much. Lots of costs will be incurred by the family being away from the White House.

I do think some money will be saved on overseas trips because Trump doesn't appear to be overly fond of leaving te country.