Author Topic: French Presidential Rivals Spar Over Russia, Putin  (Read 324 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
French Presidential Rivals Spar Over Russia, Putin
« on: November 25, 2016, 06:17:26 am »
French Presidential Rivals Spar Over Russia, Putin

French conservative presidential hopefuls Francois Fillon and Alain Juppe traded blows over Russia on November 24 in their final debate before a second-round primary, with Juppe criticizing his rival's perceived bond with the Kremlin.

Referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin's recent warm words about Fillon, the frontrunner and former prime minister, Juppe said during the televised debate that "this must be the first presidential election in which the Russian president chooses his candidate."

Fillon has backed a strategic alignment with Moscow and advocated lifting EU sanctions targeting Russia over its seizure of Ukraine's Crimea territory and backing of separatists in eastern Ukraine.

He shrugged off Juppe's criticism, saying that "Russia is a dangerous country if we treat it as we have treated it for the last five years."

Read More At: http://www.rferl.org/a/french-presidential-rivals-spar-over-putin-russia-juppe-fillon/28138473.html

Sounds familiar; even though I like Trump, I think they are a bit too lenient to Russia. That might have to do with that fellow Bannon and former Lt. Gen. Flynn appeared in an RT interview. I am a bit leery of this.