Author Topic: BREAKING: Mitt Romney Is Preparing Apology to Trump – Is Very Interested in Secretary of State Job  (Read 1206 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Mitt Romney Is Preparing Apology to Trump – Is Very Interested in Secretary of State Job

Jim Hoft Nov 24th, 2016 5:20 pm

Former Governor Romney was one of Donald Trump’s harshest critics during the election.
He assisted his opponents and was essentially working to get Hillary Clinton elected.

Donald Trump met with Mitt Romney in New Jersey last week.
Sources said he was interviewing for the Secretary of State position with the Trump administration.

Trump supporters HATE the idea.

Now this…
Transition Team sources told Ed Henry from FOX News that Mitt Romney is preparing a public apology.
Mitt Romney is reportedly very interested in the Secretary of State job.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/11/breaking-mitt-romney-preparing-apology-trump-interested-secretary-state-job/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline beandog

I like Romney, even if I don't agree with a lot of his positions.  I just don't believe he would do this.  It would be demeaning.  Why would he do this when he doesn't need the job.    I guess I'm saying, don't do it Mitt, there's nothing to apologize for. **nononono*

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I agree with those who believe that Romney should not apologize for anything. Trump has as much or more to apologize for than does Romney.

Romney apologizing would be as if he is kissing Donald Trump's ring. It is beneath him, as far as I know.

But then again, maybe he is not the man I think he is?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 02:10:34 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I don't think the terminology of kissing one's ring is correct here.

Trump supported Mitt in 2012, donated to him. Romney was the nominee last time and I believe boycotted the convention this last time.

Whether this makes for a situation where one needs to apologize, it doesn't imo.

But Secretary of State is a big deal; it might be the diplomatic thing to do if one wants the job. Nothing about kissing someone's ring.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Also, I don't know if it is proven but if Romney was backing McMullin which is said in a number of places, that really was trying to take the election from Trump and the electoral votes in Utah.

Imagine the prior nominee in 1980 trying to make it so Reagan would not win a certain state.

That is kind of bad but now that the election is over, bygones to an extent, can be bygones.

Offline Frank Cannon

Jim Hoft is full of shit.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 04:17:46 am by Frank Cannon »

geronl

The fact that Tsar Trump demands an apology is sickening

HonestJohn

This is also from the Gateway Pundit.  Until I see this from a more factual source...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The fact that Tsar Trump demands an apology is sickening

The Trump administration is going to appear dysfunctional I think, if this is true. Can't have senior people like this humiliating themselves in public.

I could see Romney saying something like "despite our differences I have found that Trump and I have found a lot in common" or something...