Author Topic: Mitt Romney May Be Forced to Publicly Apologize to Trump in Exchange For Sec of State Bid  (Read 3636 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@CatherineofAragon

BTW, I'm catching up on this season's Z Nation.

Sketchy is running for president and promising to make the world great again.  :silly:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Don't do it Mittins.  Just don't.

Anything he could say would just call more attention to his original quote.

I mean ... could he say, 'well at one time I thought Trump was a colossal jerk and loser but he looks better to me now that he's been elected.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

BTW, I'm catching up on this season's Z Nation.

Sketchy is running for president and promising to make the world great again.  :silly:

@Cripplecreek

LOL, that episode was hilarious.  There was some other Trumpian theme to it, and I can't remember now what it was...

Offline libertybele

All Romney has to do is say that he is sorry that he said some things awhile ago about President-elect Trump and after meeting with him, I am very interested in the cabinet position of Secretary of State as I think I will be a very valuable asset to his team and to the country.  Done.  He doesn't have to go into detail.  He doesn't have to give the details of the meeting. He doesn't even have to state why he thinks he's a valuable asset.  The message is short and sweet. He apologizes after his meeting with Trump; no further questions answered or taken.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

@Cripplecreek

LOL, that episode was hilarious.  There was some other Trumpian theme to it, and I can't remember now what it was...

He's gonna build a wall to keep the zombies out. He promises that it will be built in 4 score and 7 years. (87 years)

The other guy running is wearing a Trump wig and telling the opposite lie.

Silver Pines

He's gonna build a wall to keep the zombies out. He promises that it will be built in 4 score and 7 years. (87 years)

LOL, that was it!

I swear I can't wait till Roberta gets her hands on Murphy.  I like him, but he is dire need of a slapdown.

Offline libertybele

:threadjack:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

LOL, that was it!

I swear I can't wait till Roberta gets her hands on Murphy.  I like him, but he is dire need of a slapdown.

I had missed most of this season due to my mom dying but I'm finally getting caught up.

Silver Pines

I had missed most of this season due to my mom dying but I'm finally getting caught up.

@Cripplecreek

I hope you're doing well, btw.

Offline Cripplecreek

@Cripplecreek

I hope you're doing well, btw.

We've got a court date Monday and hopefully my mom's estranged moron won't show (again) and we can end this game and move forward. Apparently his attorney hasn't been able to track him down for over a month.

Offline Cripplecreek

@LadyLiberty

Trump would, apparently. Loyalty and obeisance to the Orange False god seems to be the primary quality he looks for in his candidates.

Yeah, its pretty sad to see so called conservatives acting as if this kind of behavior out of an elected official is OK. The American revolution got us away from a king who demanded that we bow and grovel for everything.

All I've got to say to their little god king and his court is a good hearty "FU". The scumbags are going to have to kill a whole lot of people if they expect us to bow and grovel because it ain't happening in this neighborhood.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If this is true trump is on the road to impeachment imo.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Mitt will make a glate Secletely of State. Hop to it.

(I am Xi Jinping and I approve of this message)
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

We've got a court date Monday and hopefully my mom's estranged moron won't show (again) and we can end this game and move forward. Apparently his attorney hasn't been able to track him down for over a month.

@Cripplecreek

Geez, what a winner that guy is.  Maybe you all will be done with him after Monday.

Offline Cripplecreek

@Cripplecreek

Geez, what a winner that guy is.  Maybe you all will be done with him after Monday.

By law he technically gets 1/3 no matter what but he immediately screwed himself and that may not stand at all now. One of his drug addict friends told him that he was automatic executor and everything belongs to him and he could do as he pleased. He immediately grabbed her car and a few smaller items and sold them. He also told the judge that there was no will when there was and it clearly stated that my mother wanted him to get nothing.

The judge explained that an executor does NOT own everything. He imposed a restraining order against him in the name of the estate so only my sisters and I are allowed to be on the property or have possession of any of the items. I'm driving her van now and just had her listed as an excluded driver on the insurance last week. LOL

Offline libertybele

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
His track record with Bain & Co is spectacular.  He has made a hugely successful career out of fixing things.  And he is a heck of a lot more Conservative than is Trump.

I think he would be fine.  Didn't he fix the Olympics?  Was it broke?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

By law he technically gets 1/3 no matter what but he immediately screwed himself and that may not stand at all now. One of his drug addict friends told him that he was automatic executor and everything belongs to him and he could do as he pleased. He immediately grabbed her car and a few smaller items and sold them. He also told the judge that there was no will when there was and it clearly stated that my mother wanted him to get nothing.

The judge explained that an executor does NOT own everything. He imposed a restraining order against him in the name of the estate so only my sisters and I are allowed to be on the property or have possession of any of the items. I'm driving her van now and just had her listed as an excluded driver on the insurance last week. LOL

@Cripplecreek

What a moron!  Yep, he hasn't helped himself at all.  You're going to have to let us know how it turns out.

geronl

Olympics are always broke, they depend on taxpayers being robbed.

geronl

It wasn't broke. There was a bribery scandal and sponsors were wary, so they hired Romney to be the clean face of the Olympics with nary a hint of scandal to keep sponsors from fleeing. He was basically the salesman of the games.

That is pretty much it.

Offline libertybele

I did a little digging and although Romney doesn't exactly have foreign policy experience, but Romney joined Boston Consulting Group where he met Benjamin Netanyahu, with whom he formed a thirty-year friendship. 

Romney has a calm, compassionate demeanor; something that Trump absolutely lacks and IMHO would be a tremendous asset to being Secretary of State.  He is very well educated, both at Stanford and at Harvard Law and Harvard Business Schools where he graduated  in 1975 cum laude from the law school, in the top third of that class, and was named a Baker Scholar for graduating in the top five percent of his business school class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley