Author Topic: Mitt Romney May Be Forced to Publicly Apologize to Trump in Exchange For Sec of State Bid  (Read 3660 times)

Offline libertybele

I think Romney would make an excellent Secretary of State, but for Trump to expect an apology in order for Romney to get the appointment is ridiculous considering the number of people that Trump has slammed and has never apologized too.  He would be a fool to pass up Romney as Secretary of State.  My guess is he's going to give it to his NY liberal friend Giuliani.

Mitt Romney May Be Forced to Publicly Apologize to Trump in Exchange For Sec of State Bid

According to Fox News’ Ed Henry, President-elect Donald Trump may make things a little more difficult for Mitt Romney if he hopes to become our nation’s next Secretary of State.

As you may recall, back on March 3rd the former Massachusetts Governor and Republican nominee for President game an impassioned anti-Trump speech to a crowd in Salt Lake City. “Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. He gets a free trip to the White House and all we get is this lousy hat,” Romney said famously.

But that was before Trump stunned the world to become President-elect of the United States. Hell, that back before Trump even won his own party’s nomination.

But politics can be tricky in this regard; flash forward to November, the Romney is reportedly under serious consideration to be tapped as the newest Secretary of State, a role that many believe is between Romney and Rudy Giuliani.

A senior transition official tells Henry that they are considering whether he has to issue a public apology for his past severe anti-Trump rhetoric. Romney called the real estate mogul a “phony and a fraud,” in that March address, continuing, “There is a dark irony in his boasts of his sexual exploits during the Vietnam War, while at the same time, John McCain — who he has mocked — was imprisoned and tortured.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-mitt-romney-may-be-forced-to-publicly-apologize-to-trump-in-exchange-for-sec-of-state-bid/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

Never should have made Geoffrey the King. Idiots.

Wingnut

Don't do it Mittins.  Just don't.

Offline mountaineer

I think Romney would make an excellent Secretary of State
What foreign policy credentials does he offer?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline corbe

I just don't see SoS in Romney's future, Trump is just making Giuliani sweat here, and his Minions want Mitt to bow, hence all this apology stuff lately.

I wouldn't be happy with Mitt at anything, except maybe VA, even though he is not a Vet.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

I just don't see what Mitt has to offer.   :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Somebody is building up a case of some powerful bad juju.

It ain't gonna be pretty when the hammer comes down on the king.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

You are NOT alone.   888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LadyLiberty

Who would want a SoS that grovels and apologizes when they've done nothing wrong?

Offline libertybele

What foreign policy credentials does he offer?

Romney has the personality for the position and he correctly predicted that our most dangerous foe is Russia/Putin several years ago though he has no real foreign policy credentials. The same question could be asked about Giuliani what foreign policy credentials does he offer?

I expect that he will either give Rudy the Secretary of HHS or Secy of State position. IMHO so far it seems that Trump is repaying favors by appointing various people to his cabinet; rather than the best person for the job.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HonestJohn

Never put yourself in a situation that is ripe to be used against you.

A live television broadcast in which an open-mic is given to an opponent... in a situation that is an affront to basic morality; well, good luck with that.

---

What next, live forced confessions for crimes against the 'people'?

geronl

Trump is nominating butt-kissers and sycophants

Offline Cripplecreek

Never put yourself in a situation that is ripe to be used against you.

A live television broadcast in which an open-mic is given to an opponent... in a situation that is an affront to basic morality; well, good luck with that.

---

What next, live forced confessions for crimes against the 'people'?

What that looks like.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwFLgA8wYxw

Silver Pines

Romney should laugh in his face and tell him to go to hell.

Offline LottieDah

Romeny, the Un-Trump, is too much of a gentleman to  do that.

Silver Pines

Romeny, the Un-Trump, is too much of a gentleman to  do that.

@LottieDah

That's too bad.  He should be able to recognize when to put aside his sterling manners.

Offline Cripplecreek

Trump thinks he's Negan but you just know he'll go down hard at the hands of one or more of his victims.

Silver Pines

Trump is nominating butt-kissers and sycophants

@geronl

According to the Wall Street Journal, Giuliani the baggage boy is pleading for the position.

Silver Pines

Trump thinks he's Negan but you just know he'll go down hard at the hands of one or more of his victims.

@Cripplecreek

Yep, it'll happen eventually.

Don't say anything about Negan...Trump might hear you and start requiring people to kneel as he passes, lol.

Offline Cripplecreek

@Cripplecreek

Yep, it'll happen eventually.

Don't say anything about Negan...Trump might hear you and start requiring people to kneel as he passes, lol.

"The mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small" - The proverbial expression of the mills of God grinding slowly refers to the notion of slow but certain divine retribution

geronl

How long until we get Show Trials

Wingnut

Sanity.

Silver Pines

"The mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small" - The proverbial expression of the mills of God grinding slowly refers to the notion of slow but certain divine retribution

Oh, that's a good one.

Offline Hoodat

His track record with Bain & Co is spectacular.  He has made a hugely successful career out of fixing things.  And he is a heck of a lot more Conservative than is Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

His track record with Bain & Co is spectacular.  He has made a hugely successful career out of fixing things.  And he is a heck of a lot more Conservative than is Trump.

That's for sure.  I don't know why he wants any part of the Trump debacle.  Donald made a whole bunch of promises he can never keep, and he has a massive backlog of bad karma set to mature in the near future.