Author Topic: Trump Tweet: I am working hard, even on Thanksgiving, trying to get Carrier A.C. Company to stay in the U.S.  (Read 2917 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: TWITTER

URL:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/801805564577808385

Donald J. Trump Verified account

‏@realDonaldTrump

I am working hard, even on Thanksgiving, trying to get Carrier A.C. Company to stay in the U.S. (Indiana). MAKING PROGRESS - Will know soon!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:13:33 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I believe at this point in 2008 President elect Obama had already won the Nobel Peace Prize and taken 2 vacations.

Wingnut

I believe at this point in 2008 President elect Obama had already won the Nobel Peace Prize and taken 2 vacations.

He also was riding Trane, no one was Carriering him   888high58888

geronl

The man is a joke, through and through

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Fantastic, now attend your daily security briefings, as well.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DiogenesLamp

SOURCE: TWITTER

URL:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/801805564577808385

Donald J. Trump Verified account

‏@realDonaldTrump

I am working hard, even on Thanksgiving, trying to get Carrier A.C. Company to stay in the U.S. (Indiana). MAKING PROGRESS - Will know soon!

You gotta give the boy credit,  he certainly knows how to play to his strength.   He's not even President yet,  and he's already leveraging his future occupancy as pressure to achieve his goal. 

He's also playing directly into the narrative on which he sold his candidacy;   Keeping jobs in America.   

Anyone remember when Clinton said he was going to "focus on the economy like a laser beam" ?   

This is what that actually looks like.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Fantastic, now attend your daily security briefings, as well.

Because what happens in bumf*ckastan  is really really important to the well being of the USA. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

Because what happens in bumf*ckastan  is really really important to the well being of the USA.

@DiogenesLamp

Oh, right, just dump the briefings.  Rewrite all the rules now, because TRUMP.

HonestJohn

Kinda like how some junior-league varsity terror group in eastern Syria wasn't all that important to the well-being of the US.

geronl

Kinda like how some junior-league varsity terror group in eastern Syria wasn't all that important to the well-being of the US.

or two-bit rebels in Afghanistan

Offline DiogenesLamp

Wasn't important till Hillary funneled arms and equipment to it through their distribution center in Benghazi Libya. 

Play stupid games,  win stupid prizes. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

To be fair, Trump knows even less about manufacturing and industry than he knows about ISIS. Trump's business, marketing and real estate have about as much in common with manufacturing as an elephant has in common with a unicycle.

Offline DiogenesLamp

@DiogenesLamp

Oh, right, just dump the briefings.  Rewrite all the rules now, because TRUMP.

Trump nothing.   The briefings really aren't all that important.   Look,  we've had a complete idiot running the nation for 8 years.  I'm talking about a man so stupid that he couldn't even UNDERSTAND the briefings.   

How much worse off could we be with a President that doesn't even get them?   Throwing darts at a dart board could achieve a better policy outcome than Obama with all his briefings.    Right now the most important thing for Trump to do is build up political capital.   He's got to convince all you Never Trumpers that he can do some good,   and the way to do that is to "focus like a laser beam on the economy."     

The larger world of foreign policy is not going to come apart because Trump hasn't heard his briefings.   He's not even President yet,  and so he couldn't act on them if he wanted to.    At this point they are mostly just show and ritual,   they won't become a serious issue until after January. 
— Lord Melbourne —

HonestJohn

Wasn't important till Hillary funneled arms and equipment to it through their distribution center in Benghazi Libya. 

Play stupid games,  win stupid prizes.

Now this takes the stupid cake.  ISIS didn't even exist when that happened.

HonestJohn

Trump nothing.   The briefings really aren't all that important.   Look,  we've had a complete idiot running the nation for 8 years.  I'm talking about a man so stupid that he couldn't even UNDERSTAND the briefings.   

How much worse off could we be with a President that doesn't even get them?   Throwing darts at a dart board could achieve a better policy outcome than Obama with all his briefings.    Right now the most important thing for Trump to do is build up political capital.   He's got to convince all you Never Trumpers that he can do some good,   and the way to do that is to "focus like a laser beam on the economy."     

The larger world of foreign policy is not going to come apart because Trump hasn't heard his briefings.   He's not even President yet,  and so he couldn't act on them if he wanted to.    At this point they are mostly just show and ritual,   they won't become a serious issue until after January.

Aaaand you know this how?

Offline Cripplecreek

Aaaand you know this how?

Funny thing is that the right complained about Bush not getting intelligence briefings in a timely manner due to the 2000 election fight. After 9/11 liberals said Bush not getting those briefings sooner was meaningless. Now things are completely flipped and Trump supporters say he doesn't need those briefings.

Silver Pines

@DiogenesLamp

So now, anything above the level of idiocy is all right with you, and you'll justify it?  Those are extremely low standards.  You can do better.  In fact, you should, for the country.

How much worse off could we be with a President that doesn't even get them?   Throwing darts at a dart board could achieve a better policy outcome than Obama with all his briefings.

See my previous remark.

Right now the most important thing for Trump to do is build up political capital.   He's got to convince all you Never Trumpers that he can do some good,   and the way to do that is to "focus like a laser beam on the economy."     

He can do that and receive the briefings, too, unless you think previous presidents-elect did nothing BUT take briefings.  Somehow they managed to multi-task.  Trump will have to, as well, so he should be getting the habit now of retraining his attention span.

I didn't vote for Trump and I wouldn't do so if offered the chance again.  I have said that I intend to give him a chance to see what he can do.  If he does something deserving of credit, he'll get it from me.  The opposite will also be true.  I won't be playing this game of doing backflips to justify and excuse him just because he isn't Obama.

And yet, presidents-elect receive them for a reason.

How do you know they aren't very important?

Offline Fantom

To be fair, Trump knows even less about manufacturing and industry than he knows about ISIS. Trump's business, marketing and real estate have about as much in common with manufacturing as an elephant has in common with a unicycle.

Which is probably why he is putting in place a reasonably, even staunchly,  conservative government and letting those experts do their thing.... Whilst The Orange One...  :thud:  takes care of "Marketing" and securing Real Estate.

Probably why Pence is getting all the Briefings.   :pondering:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
My dream is trump resigning a few months, weeks, hours in

geronl

Which is probably why he is putting in place a reasonably, even staunchly,  conservative government

nope. Not buying that. Not for a spoon of tang

Offline SirLinksALot

My dream is trump resigning a few months, weeks, hours in

With Jill Stein successfully convincing Wisconsin to recount the ballots, and her request for recounts pending in PA and MI, he might not even take his seat.

Offline Fantom

nope. Not buying that. Not for a spoon of tang

Ok, what "liberal" or even GOPE has Trump put onto his Cabinet?  Sessions? ... whom?

Look, I am a Cruz man thru and thru. But so far I am far happier with what I am seeing than I would have been with a McCain or Romney. And far more delighted than if Hillary had been elected.

I am cautiously optimistic and will wait and see.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cripplecreek

Which is probably why he is putting in place a reasonably, even staunchly,  conservative government and letting those experts do their thing.... Whilst The Orange One...  :thud:  takes care of "Marketing" and securing Real Estate.

Probably why Pence is getting all the Briefings.   :pondering:

LOL (Not laughing with you)  :silly:

Offline Fantom

LOL (Not laughing with you)  :silly:

Well, that is how a trumpansie at TOS would reply.

Good job there with that.   22222frying pan

Or you Could Reply on substance , with Reason, as an honest Conservative.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 12:51:14 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass