Author Topic: The alt-right is starting to feel 'bamboozled' by Trump  (Read 3454 times)

Offline DB

Re: The alt-right is starting to feel 'bamboozled' by Trump
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2016, 12:45:54 am »
You would think that the members at TOS would have caught this.

Many did. And that made them the enemy to the others there.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2016, 12:57:58 am »
You may be wrong about reality setting in.  I visit TOS occasionally to check on their posts about some contrary Trump move and no one over there dares to criticize Trump.

Occasionally someone will say, "I wonder why he did THAT, but I'm sure he had a reason we just don't understand yet."
These people have let someone else doing their thinking for them and that is a dangerous place to be.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” -Voltaire
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2016, 12:58:11 am »
Better get in line early.  There are going to be a lot of chumps who discover too late how disappointing Trump is. 

88finger point

A fool and his principles are soon parted.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2016, 12:59:46 am »
I know, right?   It's too bad there wasn't anyone who saw Trump for what he was and tried to explain that to everyone else.  :whistle:

It's just so very unexpected! NOBODY could have seen this coming...

Offline DB

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2016, 01:14:33 am »
Funny how he didn't denounce them until after the election was over... At least they weren't alone in being played...

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2016, 01:31:55 am »
Per your analysis, one could conclude that the "new" TOS is classically alt-right, with a few exceptions, of course (such as nathanbedford and a few remaining hold outs).
Maybe...I don't know. I do know that it seems many of the white-identity people have been pushed that way thanks to King Barack's and the liberals hate-Whitey messages for the last eight years.
But I think the influence of the proudly racist alt-righters  will not be that great...if at all.
I mean, who believes Trump is going to start rounding up all non-white people and ship them out of the country or put them in concentration camps?
That talk is  coming from the typically crazy leftist nutjobs who think their world is coming to an end. They think David Duke (who has been repudiated by Trump) and other white racists will be getting WH invites from Trump. The only president I know who invites racists into the WH and makes them close confidants is King Barack.
I'll reiterate....I believe the influence that the white nationalist alt-Rers will have on Trump will be slight or none. He used them more than they think they'll use him.
 If someone like Richard Spencer believes the core group of white people who voted for Trump are going to start giving the Nazi salute and call for the creation of concentration camps for Trump's enemies, he is as delirious as the liberals who will be heading for their safe spaces on Jan 20.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:36:15 am by goatprairie »

Offline DB

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2016, 02:39:12 am »
Maybe...I don't know. I do know that it seems many of the white-identity people have been pushed that way thanks to King Barack's and the liberals hate-Whitey messages for the last eight years.
But I think the influence of the proudly racist alt-righters  will not be that great...if at all.
I mean, who believes Trump is going to start rounding up all non-white people and ship them out of the country or put them in concentration camps?
That talk is  coming from the typically crazy leftist nutjobs who think their world is coming to an end. They think David Duke (who has been repudiated by Trump) and other white racists will be getting WH invites from Trump. The only president I know who invites racists into the WH and makes them close confidants is King Barack.
I'll reiterate....I believe the influence that the white nationalist alt-Rers will have on Trump will be slight or none. He used them more than they think they'll use him.
 If someone like Richard Spencer believes the core group of white people who voted for Trump are going to start giving the Nazi salute and call for the creation of concentration camps for Trump's enemies, he is as delirious as the liberals who will be heading for their safe spaces on Jan 20.

Accept that Trump didn't renounce them until after the election. So it is pretty clear he thought they might help drag him over the finish line, and perhaps they did.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2016, 06:05:40 am »
Funny how he didn't denounce them until after the election was over... At least they weren't alone in being played...
Good point. Waiting until after the election is so GOPe.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2016, 06:25:21 am »
I never heard of the alt-right until a couple of months ago.  Is there an actual movement or just a collection of nut cases?  I think it's kind of like the LG whatever movement ... more publicity than is warranted by actual numbers or influence.

Me either didn't know what they are.  Brown Shirts?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2016, 08:25:37 am »
Me either didn't know what they are.  Brown Shirts?

They aren't conservatives.