Author Topic: The alt-right is starting to feel 'bamboozled' by Trump  (Read 3462 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The alt-right is starting to feel 'bamboozled' by Trump
« on: November 23, 2016, 06:51:34 pm »
http://nypost.com/2016/11/23/the-alt-right-is-starting-to-feel-bamboozled-by-trump/

The “alt-right” movement complained Wednesday about their hero Donald Trump after he pointedly disavowed them.

White nationalist Richard Spencer said he was “disappointed” with Trump.

Offline Rivergirl

Re: The alt-right is starting to feel 'bamboozled' by Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 06:52:35 pm »
Not to worry, their guy bannon, is the subversive within.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 06:53:31 pm »
Better get in line early.  There are going to be a lot of chumps who discover too late how disappointing Trump is. 

88finger point

geronl

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 06:55:26 pm »
If only there had been some warning that Trump was a showy liberal con-man....

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 07:02:19 pm »

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 07:06:21 pm »

I know, right?   It's too bad there wasn't anyone who saw Trump for what he was and tried to explain that to everyone else.  :whistle:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 07:08:13 pm »
I was told by the Branch Trumpidians that the Alt-Right didn't exist and it was just a NeverTrump smear.

debrawiest

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 07:09:21 pm »
I know, right?   It's too bad there wasn't anyone who saw Trump for what he was and tried to explain that to everyone else.  :whistle:

Funny, there's no pattern of deception, lying, cheating in his past... :pondering:

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 07:10:32 pm »
Post on Reddit:

“You are fooled if you think Trump was going to give us some sort of permission slip to start cleansing America. He isn’t our ‘man on a white horse,’” said one commentator.

Am i reading this right? They thought Trump was going to give them permission to start committing genocide?  :thud:

Anyone else read that any other way?

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 07:10:34 pm »
Not to worry, their guy bannon, is the subversive within.

There is absolutely nothing in Bannon's background to indicate he's a nazi, or nazi supporter. He is a strong conservative and a great friend of Israel. Promoting the lies of the left is as bad as being on the left. My hope is that Trump actually listens to the advise he's given by Bannon.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 07:11:46 pm »
There is absolutely nothing in Bannon's background to indicate he's a nazi, or nazi supporter. He is a strong conservative and a great friend of Israel. Promoting the lies of the left is as bad as being on the left. My hope is that Trump actually listens to the advise he's given by Bannon.

He said in a speech over the summer that BB was the home for the "alt right" and the "alt right" are just Nazis in business suits so...?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 07:30:28 pm »
https://www.thenation.com/article/alt-right-is-not-a-thing-its-white-supremacy/

Decent article from the Nation, a notorious leftist magazine, the Nation has been around forever so from what I see, they lack the irreverence that say Salon might have.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 07:31:58 pm »

If only more had cared that a lifelong New York liberal was a lifelong New York liberal.

geronl

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 07:34:57 pm »
Am i reading this right? They thought Trump was going to give them permission to start committing genocide?  :thud:

That is the way it sounds to me too.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 07:54:45 pm »
Post on Reddit:

If you go to some of those alt-right web forums like American Renaissance and Taki's Mag you'll find they are overwhelmingly pro-Trump. And incredibly anti-Semitic and anti anybody else who isn't a "white" person with ancestors from northern Europe or Britain.
What they think Trump will do when he's inaugurated is a mystery to me. From their comments on articles posted on their forums they think Trump will institute a huge crackdown on illegals and kick them out of the country.
Well yes, here's hoping...but  half the country, most of whom are not alt-right members, hopes he does that too.
 Nevertheless, many of the alt-right types really believe Trump is going to start some sort of ethnic cleansing program. I think they're going to be severely disappointed.
Not a Trump fan, but he's not what they and the libs think (and hope) he is.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 08:08:39 pm »
If you go to some of those alt-right web forums like American Renaissance and Taki's Mag you'll find they are overwhelmingly pro-Trump. And incredibly anti-Semitic and anti anybody else who isn't a "white" person with ancestors from northern Europe or Britain.
What they think Trump will do when he's inaugurated is a mystery to me. From their comments on articles posted on their forums they think Trump will institute a huge crackdown on illegals and kick them out of the country.
Well yes, here's hoping...but  half the country, most of whom are not alt-right members, hopes he does that too.
 Nevertheless, many of the alt-right types really believe Trump is going to start some sort of ethnic cleansing program. I think they're going to be severely disappointed.

Per your analysis, one could conclude that the "new" TOS is classically alt-right, with a few exceptions, of course (such as nathanbedford and a few remaining hold outs).
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 09:24:24 pm »

You would think that the members at TOS would have caught this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 10:46:41 pm »

I think those who did were made into "former members".
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

HonestJohn

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 11:01:42 pm »

I noticed Rimjob's true colors with Romney and the Mormons.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 11:33:33 pm »
I said this the other day, but it applies here too. Trump did a masterful job of getting people to hear just what they wanted to hear.   Sometimes on complete opposite sides of an issue.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2016, 11:37:37 pm »
I said this the other day, but it applies here too. Trump did a masterful job of getting people to hear just what they wanted to hear.   Sometimes on complete opposite sides of an issue.

There will be an equal and opposite reaction when reality sets in.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2016, 11:44:35 pm »

There were a few of us pushing back against some poorly veiled racism. The "amish" comments irked the hell out of me but what really burned me were the declarations of guilt based on a name.

There are clearly more than a few users there who feel that constitutional protections are for the "right kind" of people only.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2016, 12:37:41 am »

Yes!! I mean ... who knew?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 12:41:54 am »
There will be an equal and opposite reaction when reality sets in.

You may be wrong about reality setting in.  I visit TOS occasionally to check on their posts about some contrary Trump move and no one over there dares to criticize Trump.

Occasionally someone will say, "I wonder why he did THAT, but I'm sure he had a reason we just don't understand yet."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2016, 12:44:17 am »
There were a few of us pushing back against some poorly veiled racism. The "amish" comments irked the hell out of me but what really burned me were the declarations of guilt based on a name.

There are clearly more than a few users there who feel that constitutional protections are for the "right kind" of people only.

I never heard of the alt-right until a couple of months ago.  Is there an actual movement or just a collection of nut cases?  I think it's kind of like the LG whatever movement ... more publicity than is warranted by actual numbers or influence.