Author Topic: Donald Trump 'turning away intelligence briefers' amid warnings that he has 'a lot of catching up to do'  (Read 5536 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
onald Trump was reportedly given two classified intelligence briefings in the two weeks following his election, prompting claims the president-elect has a lot of "catching up to do" when it comes to national security.

The Republican received an initial briefing in the days after his election and a second session on Tuesday in New York but has declined other opportunities to get up to speed on global developments and security threats, it was reported.

The two briefings is notably lower than his predecessors, according to current and former US officials speaking to the Washington Post.

“Trump has a lot of catching up to do,” one senior US official, who receives the same daily briefing as President Barack Obama, told the newspaper.

Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/24/donald-trump-turning-away-intelligence-briefers-amid-warnings/

Not good. Who's he think he is, the Worm?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online libertybele

Trump is in over his head, just like Bammy .  Does anyone know if the Vice President receives the same intelligence briefings?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Trump is in over his head, just like Bammy .  Does anyone know if the Vice President receives the same intelligence briefings?

Yes. He should be receiving the same briefing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

Yes. He should be receiving the same briefing.

Well, that's at least some what reassuring.  Pence is going to have his hands full; babysitting Trump while running the country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Well, that's at least some what reassuring.  Pence is going to have his hands full; babysitting Trump while running the country.

That is part of his job. And Pence is the right choice to do it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Silver Pines

This is what happens when people elect a man who says he doesn't read.  How is he going to change his ways at 70 and suddenly buckle down to the written word?

Pence is going to be the shadow president. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
This is what happens when people elect a man who says he doesn't read.  How is he going to change his ways at 70 and suddenly buckle down to the written word?

Pence is going to be the shadow president.

The way I see it is that he will be undermined by Trump who doesn't care to be advised.  Who believes that his opinion is superior and he informs himself.  Trump is the President Elect.  He has shown in the past that he holds his own positions superior to all others.  For instance his comments about ISIS.  He has his own plan.  He said he would listen to the Generals but ultimately make a decision if his plan is better.

He is dangerous.  He obviously believes that he knows everything and doesn't need briefings.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:06:49 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
He don't want yo intell.  :silly:

Wingnut

You don't wan't to bog down that brilliant mind with needless details.  Trump knows what his doing.

Trust him.   
Longmire, Alinecare, TomSea, DC, RIV, and the rest of the greatful eight do. 

Offline skeeter

Well, in all honesty if Trump listened to half of the intelligence briefings made available to him that would still put him light years ahead of Obama in the National Security IQ department..

Offline Chosen Daughter

Well, in all honesty if Trump listened to half of the intelligence briefings made available to him that would still put him light years ahead of Obama in the National Security IQ department..

No expectation for ABA (A Better America) than we had with the liberals for eight years.  I hear lower your expectations or you will be disappointed.  We already know that and he hasn't taken office yet.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Never posted this at the time, as the Trump/neverTrump feud here was in a hot phase:

I give you Trump's (fake) intelligence briefings.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Never posted this at the time, as the Trump/neverTrump feud here was in a hot phase:

:silly:

Offline goodwithagun

We're going to make Hogwarts the 51st state  :silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
My two favorites:

"No Sir, we can not use the CIA to find your next wife."

"Sir, "win big" is not a military strategy."

:silly:

Offline skeeter

No expectation for ABA (A Better America) than we had with the liberals for eight years.  I hear lower your expectations or you will be disappointed.  We already know that and he hasn't taken office yet.

The good news is Hillary isn't president. The bad news is Trump is.

I'm trying to focus on the good news.

Offline mirraflake

You are all falling hook nose and sinker by the liberal media.

George W never had his first briefing until Dec 5, Reagan the last week of December.

What can Trump do anyway? He is not President yet for 2 months. and if it is really important the CIA will get in touch with him. Obama and Biden are the elected officials until Jan 20th

Nixon Never listed to the briefing-gave that responsibility to Kissinger. I think it was George H who said he got more info from the morning paper than the briefings and the briefings was basically  boring, mundane stuff.

Cia chief on CNN this morning said it's not really important for Trump to have the briefings until later in December.

You should all know not to trust the media
@EC
@skeeter
@goodwithagun
@CatherineofAragon
@Chosen Daughter 
@240B
@Cripplecreek

Offline goodwithagun

George W never had his first briefing until Dec 5, Reagan the last week of December.

What can Trump do anyway? He is not President yet for 2 months. and if it is really important the CIA will get in touch with him. Obama and Biden are the elected officials until Jan 20th

Nixon Never listed to the briefing-gave that responsibility to Kissinger. I think it was George H who said he got more info from the morning paper than the briefings and the briefings was basically  boring, mundane stuff.

Cia chief on CNN this morning said it's not really important for Trump to have the briefings until later in December.

@EC
@skeeter
@goodwithagun
@CatherineofAragon
@Chosen Daughter 
@240B
@Cripplecreek

The world is not the same as when Nixon, Reagan, George H.W., and George W. were elected. Quit pretending it is.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline bilo

@EC
@skeeter
@goodwithagun
@CatherineofAragon
@Chosen Daughter 
@240B
@Cripplecreek

Great points. Also, VP elect Pence is getting the briefings. Trump wanted a VP who would handle the day to day things. He wants to focus on "making America Great Again".

So far I've liked his picks for Cabinet positions. Although, I can't help but see the irony in the Trump supporters complaining that Romney shouldn't be Sec. of State because he was critical and rude towards Trump during the campaign.

I still say wait till six months after Trump is in office before getting critical. Lets see what happens.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline montanajoe

To be fair, maybe Trump finds that an intelligence briefing reminds him of those days in prep school when the other kids compared his intelligence to his small hands...

geronl

He don't want yo intell.  :silly:

Trumped Sister

I don't need no education
I don't need no brains at all

Offline R4 TrumPence

There is nothing wrong with Pence receiving briefings and then telling Trump..

HELLO, OBAMA IS STILL PRESIDENT!

As the people on Fox said, when the DEMOCRAT, SAID THE SAME THING.....Trump is not President now and he has othere things to do!

You people just look for anything to stick on Trump don't you!  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline R4 TrumPence

If so it's because YOU PEOPLE refuse to see what's right in front of you.

what is so sad, is the never trump people.... Trump is doing the right thing and is exactly what we need.
I feel sorry for you guys who are left out..

Keep listening to the media and posting stupid articles and you will never be relevant, in the future...
so sad you all are **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

True. Remind me which shooting wars Reagan and W were taking over in the middle of again? My memory has gone a touch hazy on that.

And if you don't think the current ISIS situation is a war, you've not been paying attention.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:18:37 am by EC »

HonestJohn

Isn't the inability to perform the duties of President grounds for removal?

And have we not spent the last eight years stating that receiving these briefs was one of the duties of th office of the President... that Obama was failing to conduct properly?

Not even President yet and we already have grounds for removal.

As for the talk about Bush II, wasn't he mired in the recount issue, with no 'clear' winner of the election at this point?  (Making this an invalid counter argument.)