Author Topic: Jerry Falwell Jr. Going to Be Trump’s New Education Secretary?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Jerry Falwell Jr. Going to Be Trump’s New Education Secretary?
« on: November 23, 2016, 05:18:54 pm »
Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. may have a job in Donald Trump’s administration. Falwell—whose father founded the Christian university—has been an outspoken Trump supporter, and defended him even after a tape leaked in which he bragged about being able to commit sexual assault.

Falwell has been meeting with the president-elect and is reportedly being considered for a White House roll, possibly even Secretary of Education.

He told reporters this week,

Read more at http://www.relevantmagazine.com/slices/jerry-falwell-jr-going-be-trumps-new-education-secretary#qhZemr7YUg1WSZPd.99

Offline skeeter

Re: Jerry Falwell Jr. Going to Be Trump’s New Education Secretary?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 05:22:10 pm »
Trump really is determined to pay back all of his vocal supporters.

But I would rather he focus on competence for these key positions and just hand out ambassadorships in choice locations to his buddies instead, like in the old days.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 05:50:37 pm »
Not sure how much competence we need in a department that shouldn't exist in the first place.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 06:09:59 pm »
I was hoping for Eva Moscowitz.  She's a Democrat who Democrats hate because she isn't afraid to call out Democrat failures when it comes to education.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 06:12:28 pm »
Jerry Falwell Jr. Going to Be Trump’s New Education Secretary?

SIGH, Why not just do away with this Department altogether?

We had better education way back before Jimmuh Carter created this useless bureaucracy.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 06:19:38 pm »
Looks like it isn't Falwell, it will be Betsy DeVos

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 06:26:18 pm »
Looks like it isn't Falwell, it will be Betsy DeVos

Isn't Betty De Vos a huge COMMON CORE supporter?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 06:29:48 pm »
Isn't Betty De Vos a huge COMMON CORE supporter?
Not sure, but I've seen rumors that this was a Jeb Bush suggested appointment, not that I'd put much stock in that.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 06:31:09 pm »
Not sure how much competence we need in a department that shouldn't exist in the first place.  :pondering:

Ain't that the truth.

The less this department does the better off our kids are.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 06:33:00 pm »
SIGH, Why not just do away with this Department altogether?

We had better education way back before Jimmuh Carter created this useless bureaucracy.

One of the disappointments I had with the Reagan years is that he couldn't/didn't get rid of this bureaucratic nonsense.

Our schools would be far better off if he had.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 06:34:14 pm »
Ain't that the truth.

The less this department does the better off our kids are.
At a minimum I'd like to see an end to the Dept of Education having their own SWAT team. Yes, they really have one.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 06:34:27 pm »
What a joke. Another worthless shyster