Author Topic: Soft Drinks No. 1 Purchase by Food Stamp Recipients; $357,000,000 From 1 Grocery Chain  (Read 5051 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
You are in the right season, anyway, assuming you have a Ross, or a TJ Max, or another consignment shop somewhere in your neck of the woods. They are always dirt cheap after Christmas. Just make sure you get one that has a metal press, not plastic. They are buggers to clean anyways and the plastic strips it's threads about the 4th time you take it apart.
Thanks for the tips.

Plastic does not touch my coffee at any point. Not only does it ruin the taste, there's evidence it is not good for you at all. BPA, BPS and their replacements might do some nasty things to ya.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Agree on that. Plastic is not pleasant thanks to the VOCs. Don't even let it touch the coffee in the freezer, the beans are stored in a couple of tins. I grind it fresh each time.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GrouchoTex

I once saw a woman at a convenience store buy 8 submarine sandwiches from the convenience store deli and pay for it with a SNAP card.

No.  Go to the F***ING grocery store, and do what I (have to) do and buy chicken roll or bologna on sale, cheese ends, and a loaf of day-old bread off the discount rack to feed your spawn you F****ING breeder sow.

I really have had it...  3 times out of every 5 trips to Wal*Mart the person in front of me is using some sort of entitlement card.

I see this scene quite frequently in my neighborhood grocery store.
Someone will go in with a food stamp card and buy ALL of something on sale, if the store doesn't put a limit on it.
Snickers, cheetos, soft drinks, etc.
These same people take it back to a convenience store they own and sell it there.
100% profit, paid for by us.