Author Topic: Trump, in Interview, Moderates Views but Defies Conventions (flip-flop on waterboarding)  (Read 1111 times)

Offline UMichConservative

Trump, in Interview, Moderates Views but Defies Conventions

By Michael D. Shear, Julie Hirschfeld Davis and Maggie Haberman

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/us/politics/donald-trump-visit.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=1

President-elect Donald J. Trump on Tuesday tempered some of his most extreme campaign promises, dropping his vow to jail Hillary Clinton, expressing doubt about the value of torturing terrorism suspects and pledging to have an open mind about climate change...

...On the issue of torture, Mr. Trump suggested he had changed his mind about the value of waterboarding after talking with James N. Mattis, a retired Marine Corps general, who headed the United States Central Command.

“He said, ‘I’ve never found it to be useful,’” Mr. Trump said. He added that Mr. Mattis found more value in building trust and rewarding cooperation with terrorism suspects: “‘Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers, and I’ll do better.’”

Another flip-flop to add to the list...

Offline Frank Cannon

So Donny is a sissy and rolls over like the fat tub of shit that he actually is. Knew that already.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Suppressed

So Donny is a sissy and rolls over like the fat tub of shit that he actually is. Knew that already.

Spineless worm.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Wow, is there anything left for this guy to flip flop on?

Online DB

Well it isn't even December yet... So he's just getting warmed up...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Silly boy. Of course there is. He still hasn't flip flopped on his flip flops yet.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink