Author Topic: Conway: Giuliani 'possibly' tapped for national intelligence director  (Read 332 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Conway: Giuliani 'possibly' tapped for national intelligence director

By Louis Nelson

11/22/16 10:01 AM EST

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani could “possibly” be the next director of national intelligence, Donald Trump’s senior adviser Kellyanne Conway said Tuesday morning.

Director of national intelligence is the latest addition to a list of jobs for which Giuliani’s name has been floated, which also includes secretary of state and attorney general, the latter of which the former mayor has said he will not be. Conway said during an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that she last spoke to Giuliani on Sunday at Trump’s Bedminster golf club in New Jersey.

Giuliani has been relatively public about his desire to hold a position in Trump’s administration, first making his case that there's “probably nobody that knows the Justice Department better than me,” and apparent pitch for the job of attorney general. The former mayor later said at a Wall Street Journal event for CEOs that “I won’t be attorney general” but suggested that he might be the best man for the job of secretary of state, a position that has yet to be filled.

Asked about Giuliani’s public airing of the appointment process, Conway said in an interview last week that “these conversations are always best in private.”

Emerging later Tuesday morning from a meeting with the president-elect at Trump Tower, Giuliani refused to detail his conversations with Trump about the DNI position or any other.

"I’m not going to discuss what I’m interested in or what the president elect is thinking and mulling over. That’s not fair. That’s not the right way to do it, and this all has to be done very privately," Giuliani said.

Asked whether he still wanted to be Trump's secretary of state, Giuliani confirmed that he had spoken about the job with Trump. But, he said he would "say nothing about it other than my discussions about it are completely private."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/11/conway-giulianipossibly-tapped-for-national-intelligence-director-231739
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Conway: Giuliani 'possibly' tapped for national intelligence director
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 09:20:46 pm »
I'd be surprised if Rudy G could even get security clearance