Author Topic: 'F___ him!' Emotional TV anchors and execs hit 'bluffing blowhard' Trump for turning his Monday media summit into a showdown  (Read 1349 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: DAILY MAIL

URL: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3961228/F-Emotional-TV-anchors-execs-hit-bluffing-blowhard-Trump-turning-media-summit-showdown-Monday.html

By CHRIS SPARGO

* Four of the individuals who attended Trump's media summit on Monday are speaking about what happened during the off-the-record sit down

* Trump reportedly spent the first 20 minutes of the meeting telling those present that they were 'liars' and 'dishonest'

* 'After the meeting today, though - and I am being human with you here - I think, F*** him!' said one person present

* 'He is the same kind of blustering, bluffing blowhard as he was during the campaign,' said another person in attendance of Trump's behavior

* After hearing Trump's criticisms of the media, one participant said the President-elect 'truly doesn’t seem to understand the First Amendment'

* Kellyanne Conway, who has spoken about the off-the-record meeting in three interviews now, has insisted the mood was 'cordial' and 'genial'

A handful of network executives and anchors who were among those invited to attend Donald Trump's media summit on Monday are lashing out at the president-elect and his behavior during the off-the-record discussion.

Four of those present spoke with the New Yorker about what happened behind closed doors in Trump Tower, saying that the first 20 minutes of the hour-long meeting involved Trump attacking many of those present and their network coverage of him during the race.

'I have to tell you, I am emotionally f***ing pissed,' said one of those present at the meeting.

That individual said that after being summoned to the meeting they were prepared to give Trump 'the benefit of the doubt,' until he began his attack on those present.

'After the meeting today, though - and I am being human with you here - I think, F*** him!' added the attendee.

'I know I am being emotional about it. And I know I will get over it in a couple of days after Thanksgiving. But I really am offended. This was unprecedented. Outrageous!'

Another individual who was in attendance said of Trump's behavior during the summit: 'He is the same kind of blustering, bluffing blowhard as he was during the campaign.'

Trump reportedly called many of the reporters 'liars' and criticized their negative coverage of his campaign during the election, saying to CNN that he 'hates' their channel.

The third attendee seemed to echo the feelings of the other two members of the media who were present on Monday, describing Trump's behavior as 'totally inappropriate' and 'f***ing outrageous.'

And the fourth participant simply said of the meeting: 'It was all Trump.'

That individual went on to say that Trump did not really yell despite what some other reports are claiming, and was instead even toned as he went about his attacks.

'He is like this all the time. He’ll freeze you out and then be nice and humble and sort of want you to like him,' said the participant.

That person later suggested that Trump's media attacks may also involve his difficulty grasping the Constitution.

“But he truly doesn’t seem to understand the First Amendment. He doesn’t,' said the participant.

'He thinks we are supposed to say what he says and that’s it.'

Trump meanwhile will be heading to speak with reporters and columnists from The New York Times on Tuesday, a meeting he announced he was cancelling early Tuesday morning.

A few hours later a spokesperson for the President-elect said the meeting was back on.

Trump had claimed in his early morning tweet calling of the meeting that the Times had changed the terms of the session, but the paper quickly responded that it was his team who asked that the entire discussion be off the record, a request they refused.

The meeting will now once again be on the record, following an off-the-record discussion between Trump and Times publisher Arthur Sulzberger.

Details about what happened during Trump's media summit on Monday began to be revealed early that same evening, with one source telling the New York Post that the session played our 'like a f***ing firing squad.'

Trump criticized and attacked those in attendance claimed another source, and kicked things off by telling the group: 'We're in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong .

Some of those in attendance also got a 'Trump-style dressing down' according to the source, most notably CNN president Jeff Zucker and ABC's chief global correspondent Martha Raddatz.

Trump kicked things off by going after Zucker, according to the source, who claimed that the President-elect told the CNN president, 'I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed.'

He later turned his attention to two of the women who had been covering the election said the second source.

'Trump didn't say Katy Tur by name, but talked about an NBC female correspondent who got it wrong, then he referred to a horrible network correspondent who cried when Hillary lost who hosted a debate – which was Martha Raddatz who was also in the room,' claims the source.

Tur was not present at the meeting on Monday.

That account differed wildly from the one Kellyanne Conway gave to members of the press after she left the meeting, which she said was 'very cordial, very productive, very congenial.'

She went on to say that Trump was 'very candid and honest' in the meeting, and on a personal note stated that it was 'great to hit the reset button' after a 'long, hard-fought campaign.'

As for the story in the Post on Monday, Conway simply said that Trump did not 'explode in anger' and would did not comment beyond that.

She spoke about the meeting later that nigth when she appeared on Megyn Kelly's The Kelly File as well, reitersating her comments from earlier by describing the meeting as 'extremely cordial, very genial.'

Conway then spoke about the off-the-record meeting for a third time Tuesday morning while appearing on Morning Joe.

She said that Trump's chief strategist Stephen Bannon was particularly popular among the guests, and that there was a 'receiving line' to meet the man who formerly headed up the alt-right website Breitbart.

'Many people wanted to meet him and talk to him, make some eye contact, exchange some business cards with him. That's just a fact,' said Conway.

She also seemed to suggest that Trump and Zucker have a fantastic relationship despite almost every report from the meeting singling out the CNN president as the main target of Trump's anger.

Conway even said the two men spent time together after the meeting to discuss a network special that was in the works.

'Nobody left there in a huff,' said Conway. 'Nobody has called me and complained that they felt that they had been bamboozled.'

She later added: 'I believe Donald Trump received an unprecedented deluge of criticism and in some places unfair coverage. But he is the president and they are the press and they have to find a way to mutually assure, I would say, non-destruction.'

Representatives from CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Fox Business Network, NBC, ABC, and CBS were present at the meeting on Monday, which lasted an hour.

ABC was represented by president James Goldston and anchors George Stephanopoulos, David Muir, and Martha Raddatz.

Nightly News host Lester Holt and Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd were on hand for NBC , along with president Deborah Turness.

And rounding out the broadcast network presence at the meeting was Face the Nation host John Dickerson and the entire CBS This Morning team of Charlie Rose, Gayle King and Norah O'Donnell along with Washington Bureau Chief Chris Isham.

On the cable television side, CNN president Jeff Zucker attended on behalf of his network with on-air talent Wolf Blitzer and Erin Burnett.

Fox News had a handful of executives present at the meeting, including co-presidents Bill Shine and Abernethy, vice president of news and editorial Jay Wallace and Suzanne Scott, the vice president of programming and development at the network.

MSNBC president Phil Griffin was there for his network and Brian Jones attended for Fox Business Network.

Trump's wife Melania also reportedly made a brief cameo during the sit down.

Members of Trump's team present at the event included chief of staff Reince Priebus, spokesman Jason Miller, communications director Sean Spicer and Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, a source toldPolitico.

That source said that Trump took some time to praise President Obama during the meeting, and revealed that the men had spoken on the phone twice since meeting at the White House for the first time just 10 days ago. 

He spoke about his cabinet too with those present according to the source, saying Mitt Romney 'really wants' to be secretary of state, and that he really wants a member of the military as his secretary of defense.

Trump also went after NBC News president Deborah Turness at the start of the meeting for posting photos of him that he believes to be unflattering said the source.

Turness reportedly tried to deflect the criticism by saying that a 'very nice' Trump picture was on their website at that very moment.

Overall, the source said the meeting was 'largely substantive' and far less intense than the version described to the Post by their two sources.

Offline SirLinksALot

TRUMP'S MEDIA GUESTS AT MONDAY MEETING

ABC

-James Goldston (ABC News president)

-George Stephanopoulos (GMA host)

-Martha Raddatz (World News reporter)

-David Muir (World News anchor)

CBS

- Chris Isham (DC Bureau Chief)

-Charlie Rose (This Morning host)

-Gayle King (This Morning host)

-Norah O'Donnell (This Morning host)

CNN

-Jeff Zucker (president)

-Wolf Blitzer (Situation Room host)

-Erin Burnett (OutFront host)

Fox News

-Bill Shine (co-president)

-Jack Abernethy (co-president)

-Jay Wallace  (VP news and editorial)

-Suzanne Scott (VP programming)

Fox Business Network

-Brian Jones (co-president)

MSNBC

-Phil Griffin (president)

NBC

-Deborah Turness (News president)

-Lester Holt (Nightly News anchor)

-Chuck Todd (Meet the Press host)

TRUMP TEAM AT MONDAY MEETING

-Kellyanne Conway (senior adviser)

-Reince Priebus (chief of staff)

-Steve Bannon (chief strategist)

-Jason Miller (spokesman)

-Sean Spicer (comm. director)

-Jared Kushner (son-in-law)

-Melania Trump (wife)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:46:05 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Not a Trump fan, but weren't some of these yahoos cheering the Hamilton cast confronting Pence? Do they think they should be respected more than a VP elected by the American people?
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline skeeter

While I have decided whether I think its appropriate for a US president to personally scold members of the press I cannot muster any sympathy for any of the leftist sock puppets who attended this meeting.

Stop trying to hide behind the First Amendment, media frauds. The issue is your ethical duty to simply inform the public and stay away from ideological advocacy.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Not a Trump fan, but weren't some of these yahoos cheering the Hamilton cast confronting Pence? Do they think they should be respected more than a VP elected by the American people?

Yes. They do think they deserve more respect than the President or anybody. The arrogance and hubris of the Liberal mind borders on a kind of insanity. So yes. It would be completely normal for a Liberal working as a waiter, to berate and curse out a Republican President. That is how they think.

A Liberal, no matter who or what he is, always thinks that they are superior to ANY Republican. If the Republican is a billionaire or the President, it doesn't phase them at all. Liberals have an indoctrinated sense of superiority to anyone who may think differently than they do. That is how they are trained. And the abject reality of the situation never dawns on them.

On the other hand, they are trained to bow and grovel before their masters. You would never catch a Liberal speaking out against a Liberal VP or President. Because in their world, criticizing a senior Liberal would be blasphemy and heresy. That is the definition of being brainwashed.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
SOURCE: DAILY MAIL

URL: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3961228/F-Emotional-TV-anchors-execs-hit-bluffing-blowhard-Trump-turning-media-summit-showdown-Monday.html

By CHRIS SPARGO

* Four of the individuals who attended Trump's media summit on Monday are speaking about what happened during the off-the-record sit down

* Trump reportedly spent the first 20 minutes of the meeting telling those present that they were 'liars' and 'dishonest'

* 'After the meeting today, though - and I am being human with you here - I think, F*** him!' said one person present

* 'He is the same kind of blustering, bluffing blowhard as he was during the campaign,' said another person in attendance of Trump's behavior

* After hearing Trump's criticisms of the media, one participant said the President-elect 'truly doesn’t seem to understand the First Amendment'

* Kellyanne Conway, who has spoken about the off-the-record meeting in three interviews now, has insisted the mood was 'cordial' and 'genial'

A handful of network executives and anchors who were among those invited to attend Donald Trump's media summit on Monday are lashing out at the president-elect and his behavior during the off-the-record discussion.

Four of those present spoke with the New Yorker about what happened behind closed doors in Trump Tower, saying that the first 20 minutes of the hour-long meeting involved Trump attacking many of those present and their network coverage of him during the race.

'I have to tell you, I am emotionally f***ing pissed,' said one of those present at the meeting.

That individual said that after being summoned to the meeting they were prepared to give Trump 'the benefit of the doubt,' until he began his attack on those present.

'After the meeting today, though - and I am being human with you here - I think, F*** him!' added the attendee.

'I know I am being emotional about it. And I know I will get over it in a couple of days after Thanksgiving. But I really am offended. This was unprecedented. Outrageous!'

Another individual who was in attendance said of Trump's behavior during the summit: 'He is the same kind of blustering, bluffing blowhard as he was during the campaign.'

Trump reportedly called many of the reporters 'liars' and criticized their negative coverage of his campaign during the election, saying to CNN that he 'hates' their channel.

The third attendee seemed to echo the feelings of the other two members of the media who were present on Monday, describing Trump's behavior as 'totally inappropriate' and 'f***ing outrageous.'

And the fourth participant simply said of the meeting: 'It was all Trump.'

That individual went on to say that Trump did not really yell despite what some other reports are claiming, and was instead even toned as he went about his attacks.

'He is like this all the time. He’ll freeze you out and then be nice and humble and sort of want you to like him,' said the participant.

That person later suggested that Trump's media attacks may also involve his difficulty grasping the Constitution.

“But he truly doesn’t seem to understand the First Amendment. He doesn’t,' said the participant.

'He thinks we are supposed to say what he says and that’s it.'

Trump meanwhile will be heading to speak with reporters and columnists from The New York Times on Tuesday, a meeting he announced he was cancelling early Tuesday morning.

A few hours later a spokesperson for the President-elect said the meeting was back on.

Trump had claimed in his early morning tweet calling of the meeting that the Times had changed the terms of the session, but the paper quickly responded that it was his team who asked that the entire discussion be off the record, a request they refused.

The meeting will now once again be on the record, following an off-the-record discussion between Trump and Times publisher Arthur Sulzberger.

Details about what happened during Trump's media summit on Monday began to be revealed early that same evening, with one source telling the New York Post that the session played our 'like a f***ing firing squad.'

Trump criticized and attacked those in attendance claimed another source, and kicked things off by telling the group: 'We're in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong .

Some of those in attendance also got a 'Trump-style dressing down' according to the source, most notably CNN president Jeff Zucker and ABC's chief global correspondent Martha Raddatz.

Trump kicked things off by going after Zucker, according to the source, who claimed that the President-elect told the CNN president, 'I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed.'

He later turned his attention to two of the women who had been covering the election said the second source.

'Trump didn't say Katy Tur by name, but talked about an NBC female correspondent who got it wrong, then he referred to a horrible network correspondent who cried when Hillary lost who hosted a debate – which was Martha Raddatz who was also in the room,' claims the source.

Tur was not present at the meeting on Monday.

That account differed wildly from the one Kellyanne Conway gave to members of the press after she left the meeting, which she said was 'very cordial, very productive, very congenial.'

She went on to say that Trump was 'very candid and honest' in the meeting, and on a personal note stated that it was 'great to hit the reset button' after a 'long, hard-fought campaign.'

As for the story in the Post on Monday, Conway simply said that Trump did not 'explode in anger' and would did not comment beyond that.

She spoke about the meeting later that nigth when she appeared on Megyn Kelly's The Kelly File as well, reitersating her comments from earlier by describing the meeting as 'extremely cordial, very genial.'

Conway then spoke about the off-the-record meeting for a third time Tuesday morning while appearing on Morning Joe.

She said that Trump's chief strategist Stephen Bannon was particularly popular among the guests, and that there was a 'receiving line' to meet the man who formerly headed up the alt-right website Breitbart.

'Many people wanted to meet him and talk to him, make some eye contact, exchange some business cards with him. That's just a fact,' said Conway.

She also seemed to suggest that Trump and Zucker have a fantastic relationship despite almost every report from the meeting singling out the CNN president as the main target of Trump's anger.

Conway even said the two men spent time together after the meeting to discuss a network special that was in the works.

'Nobody left there in a huff,' said Conway. 'Nobody has called me and complained that they felt that they had been bamboozled.'

She later added: 'I believe Donald Trump received an unprecedented deluge of criticism and in some places unfair coverage. But he is the president and they are the press and they have to find a way to mutually assure, I would say, non-destruction.'

Representatives from CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Fox Business Network, NBC, ABC, and CBS were present at the meeting on Monday, which lasted an hour.

ABC was represented by president James Goldston and anchors George Stephanopoulos, David Muir, and Martha Raddatz.

Nightly News host Lester Holt and Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd were on hand for NBC , along with president Deborah Turness.

And rounding out the broadcast network presence at the meeting was Face the Nation host John Dickerson and the entire CBS This Morning team of Charlie Rose, Gayle King and Norah O'Donnell along with Washington Bureau Chief Chris Isham.

On the cable television side, CNN president Jeff Zucker attended on behalf of his network with on-air talent Wolf Blitzer and Erin Burnett.

Fox News had a handful of executives present at the meeting, including co-presidents Bill Shine and Abernethy, vice president of news and editorial Jay Wallace and Suzanne Scott, the vice president of programming and development at the network.

MSNBC president Phil Griffin was there for his network and Brian Jones attended for Fox Business Network.

Trump's wife Melania also reportedly made a brief cameo during the sit down.

Members of Trump's team present at the event included chief of staff Reince Priebus, spokesman Jason Miller, communications director Sean Spicer and Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, a source toldPolitico.

That source said that Trump took some time to praise President Obama during the meeting, and revealed that the men had spoken on the phone twice since meeting at the White House for the first time just 10 days ago. 

He spoke about his cabinet too with those present according to the source, saying Mitt Romney 'really wants' to be secretary of state, and that he really wants a member of the military as his secretary of defense.

Trump also went after NBC News president Deborah Turness at the start of the meeting for posting photos of him that he believes to be unflattering said the source.

Turness reportedly tried to deflect the criticism by saying that a 'very nice' Trump picture was on their website at that very moment.

Overall, the source said the meeting was 'largely substantive' and far less intense than the version described to the Post by their two sources.

Trump was not the one who cursed so I hope we don't see that Duterte image again, Clinton is known to curse, perhaps one can fix-up a like image of her and Duterte.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Good. I'm being human here when I say, F--- the MSM! F--- You right back to you. @ssholes
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Screw those guys. The 1st Amendment applies to everyone, not just them, and it doesn't give them free reign to lie without being challenged. Trump needs to attack them and grind them into the dirt every time the float their turds. No more one way streets.
The Republic is lost.

Offline verga

Plain and simple, it is not like they will ever find anything nice to say about him.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Screw those guys. The 1st Amendment applies to everyone, not just them, and it doesn't give them free reign to lie without being challenged. Trump needs to attack them and grind them into the dirt every time the float their turds. No more one way streets.
:amen: 888high58888 :beer:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Screw those guys. The 1st Amendment applies to everyone, not just them, and it doesn't give them free reign to lie without being challenged.

It doesn't even give them free reign to tell the truth without being challenged.

HonestJohn

Time for the official 5-minutes of hate:

Chant this at your computer/TV screen now.

Lügenpresse, Lügenpresse, Lügenpresse.