Author Topic: Willing to oppose Trump, some Senate Republicans gain leverage  (Read 414 times)

Offline libertybele

Willing to oppose Trump, some Senate Republicans gain leverage
« on: November 22, 2016, 03:44:52 pm »
First of all, I beg to differ with this article in that they are trying to imply that Cruz is part of the RINO gang and is going to block Trump. Nothing has really changed. As I think we can expect, the RINO's in the Senate will still obstruct conservatism, especially with McConnell still in place.  As for Rubio ... we will see what he does ... he lost the primary because of his liberal affiliation and party to the Gang of Eight...but my hunch is he hasn't changed.

Willing to oppose Trump, some Senate Republicans gain leverage

Paul, a libertarian lone wolf, says he will block Senate confirmations if Trump nominates either former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani or former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton to be secretary of state.

South Carolina's Lindsay Graham has started publicly outlining places he might be willing to oppose Trump. He is against the Mexican border wall and is delivering warnings against Trump's intention to revoke legal status for undocumented immigrants brought here as children - although that would not require congressional approval.

Graham, a traditional Republican foreign policy hawk, strongly disagrees with Trump's attempt to improve ties with Russia.

"I am going to be kind of a hard ass" on Russia, Graham told reporters recently. "We can’t sit on the sidelines" and let cyber attacks blamed on Russia "go unanswered."

The early stirrings of opposition from Senate Republicans are a sign that the New York businessman, who has never held public office, might run into harsh political realities soon after taking office on Jan. 20.

Other Senators who might defy Trump are Arizona's John McCain and Jeff Flake, Nebraska's Ben Sasse, Florida's Marco Rubio, Maine's Susan Collins and Alaska's Lisa Murkowski, said senior Senate aides and lawmakers.

These lawmakers have ruffled feathers in the past and some have a good political reason not to fear Trump: Paul, McCain, Murkowski and Rubio do not have to run for reelection until 2022. Graham, Collins and Sasse will have to face the voters in 2020; Cruz and Flake have an earlier election, in 2018.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/willing-oppose-trump-senate-republicans-gain-leverage-110716239.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Willing to oppose Trump, some Senate Republicans gain leverage
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 03:57:18 pm »
RINO = any GOPer who doesn't mindlessly fall in line.