Author Topic: NC governor: Voter fraud swung election against me  (Read 1262 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
NC governor: Voter fraud swung election against me
« on: November 22, 2016, 02:20:27 pm »
NC governor: Voter fraud swung election against me
By Mark Hensch - 11/21/16 09:50 PM EST

Gov. Pat McCrory (R-N.C.) is claiming voter fraud derailed his reelection campaign, according to a new report.

McCrory alleges that voter fraud in 50 of North Carolina’s 100 counties boosted State Attorney General Roy Cooper (D) to a slim lead in the undecided gubernatorial race, Politico said Monday.

The News & Observer reported Cooper leads McCrory by less than 1 percent two weeks after Election Day.

McCrory has not conceded the race, and is insisting that dead people, felons and individuals who voted in other states cast ballots in North Carolina.

“Why is Roy Cooper so insistent on circumventing the electoral process and counting the votes of dead people and felons?” Ricky Diaz, a McCrory campaign spokesman, asked in a statement Monday to Politico.

“It may be because he needs those fraudulent votes to win. Instead of insulting North Carolina voters, we intend to let the process work as it should to ensure that every legal vote is counted properly.”

Cooper’s campaign strategist, meanwhile, said McCrory should acknowledge the Democrat’s lead and relinquish the governor’s office.

Read More At: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/307144-nc-governor-voter-fraud-swung-election-against-me

Offline Longmire

Re: NC governor: Voter fraud swung election against me
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 02:45:52 pm »
Didn't realize this race was still undecided...is McCrory a Trump supporter?

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 06:25:09 pm »
Didn't realize this race was still undecided...is McCrory a Trump supporter?

Does that matter to you?  Vote fraud is vote fraud, regardless of who it's perpetrated against and who that person supports.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 06:32:27 pm »
Does that matter to you?  Vote fraud is vote fraud, regardless of who it's perpetrated against and who that person supports.

Yeah, we also need evidence and proof, does he have any?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:33:55 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 06:40:35 pm »

Yeah, we also need evidence and proof, does he have any?

I do recall they found significant evidence of ballot-box stuffing -- nearly 200 votes in one incident alone.  Absentee ballots all filled out identically, signed by same guy.  Governor is probably right in that this was not limited just to one county, but it is very difficult to prove.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 12:56:17 am »
Does that matter to you? 

Yeah...I was hoping McCrory was a #nevertrump so I could laugh about him losing in a state Trump won easily.

Turns out he's just not a very good politician... :shrug:

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 01:09:43 am »
Yeah...I was hoping McCrory was a #nevertrump so I could laugh about him losing in a state Trump won easily.

Turns out he's just not a very good politician... :shrug:

You do know that you don't show the Trumpenfaithful in a very good light when you do that, right?  It would seem that you don't know who the actual enemy is, or how to put out a hand to those who would be your allies in many things if you did.  Your kind of attitude is why so many folks aren't willing to work with you.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Longmire

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 01:40:28 am »
You do know that you don't show the Trumpenfaithful in a very good light when you do that, right?  It would seem that you don't know who the actual enemy is, or how to put out a hand to those who would be your allies in many things if you did.  Your kind of attitude is why so many folks aren't willing to work with you.

One of the reasons Trump won the election is because people are tired of pointy head types telling them what they can say and how to act, etc. etc.

-btw who did you vote for Doug, or is that still a state secret?

Offline Mod2

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 10:39:55 am »

It is none of your business.

Votes are not public record. They are cast in privacy. There are many good reasons for this, and this principle WILL be respected here. If a person wishes to state who they voted for, that is their choice. Asking (or demanding) to know their vote is not acceptable.

Understood?

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 11:12:55 am »
McCrory was a good governor.  The bathroom law probably hurt him.  They found 9300 ballots in a D county that had been "misplaced".  Cooper was a failure at his previous position and is not going to get much cooperation from the legislature.  Nasty ad battle between the two during the campaign.m
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:13:36 am by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 12:42:30 pm »
One of the reasons Trump won the election is because people are tired of pointy head types telling them what they can say and how to act, etc. etc.

You really don't get it, do you?  That kind of snark is what's making it so difficult for the rest of us to consider you Trumpenfaithful worth interacting with.  If you just tried (I know, it'd be difficult for you, but just try) to be friendly, or even neutral, you might find that we have things we agree on and can work together on.  But you constantly try to force everything into an us-vs.-them context.

Oh, I voted for McMullin, not that it's any of your business.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!