Author Topic: Gingrich says Giuliani would make a better secretary of state than Romney  (Read 394 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Gingrich says Giuliani would make a better secretary of state than Romney
By Madeline Conway

11/21/16 07:21 PM EST

Newt Gingrich prefers Rudy Giuliani to Mitt Romney as a potential secretary of state, the former House Speaker said on Monday.

Gingrich, emerging from a meeting with the president-elect at Trump Tower, told reporters he would support whoever Trump picked, but declared: “I think there are huge advantages to Rudy Giuliani."

“Frankly, I think that if you want someone who is going to go out and be a very tough negotiator for America and represent American interest in the way that Trump campaigned, I think that probably Rudy is a better pick and has the right temperament,” he elaborated, according to a pool report of his remarks.

Gingrich suggested that it isn’t clear Romney was “willing to be [Trump’s] secretary of state,” and asked whether Romney “would work to make Trump Romney’s version of the presidency.”

“I think they’ve got to talk it through,” he added. Romney is under “active consideration” to be Trump’s top diplomat, according to comments made by Vice President-elect Mike Pence over the weekend.

By Madeline Conway

11/21/16 07:21 PM EST
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Newt Gingrich prefers Rudy Giuliani to Mitt Romney as a potential secretary of state, the former House Speaker said on Monday.

Gingrich, emerging from a meeting with the president-elect at Trump Tower, told reporters he would support whoever Trump picked, but declared: “I think there are huge advantages to Rudy Giuliani."

“Frankly, I think that if you want someone who is going to go out and be a very tough negotiator for America and represent American interest in the way that Trump campaigned, I think that probably Rudy is a better pick and has the right temperament,” he elaborated, according to a pool report of his remarks.

Gingrich suggested that it isn’t clear Romney was “willing to be [Trump’s] secretary of state,” and asked whether Romney “would work to make Trump Romney’s version of the presidency.”

“I think they’ve got to talk it through,” he added. Romney is under “active consideration” to be Trump’s top diplomat, according to comments made by Vice President-elect Mike Pence over the weekend.

Read More At: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/gingrich-giuliani-romney-secretary-state-231729

Offline Rivergirl

Re: Gingrich says Giuliani would make a better secretary of state than Romney
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 02:20:03 pm »
nootie certainly doesn't anyone showing up the big mouthed bully. 
Romney would be foolish to undertake the business of pooper scooper to the pres.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 02:22:22 pm »
Or you could ask Bolton, who intimately understands the geopolitical situation.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 02:22:51 pm »
Hey Newt. Your opinions are generally wrong. Now go away you fat slob....