Author Topic: We Must Push Back Against the Borkers of Bannon  (Read 895 times)

Offline endicom

We Must Push Back Against the Borkers of Bannon
« on: November 21, 2016, 04:52:16 pm »
American Thinker
Christopher Chantrill
Nov. 21, 2016

"Last week the left tried to Bork Steve Bannon, a key Trump campaign aide and proposed “chief White House strategist and senior counselor” and until August executive chairman of Breitbart News, by linking him to the alt-right. The Trumpist response to the attack was haul out Breitbart journalists and others to deny that Bannon and Breitbart had anything to do with the alt-right. Then the NeverTrumpers got into the act to say that while Bannon was innocent of the charges there was no doubt that Breitbart was playing with fire where the alt-right was concerned."

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/11/we_must_push_back_against_the_borkers_of_bannon.html

'Borkers of Bannon' is a great name.

Wingnut

Re: We Must Push Back Against the Borkers of Bannon
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 04:58:52 pm »
I don't like the dude.  He is slimy. 
Keep him away from Trump.  Far away.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 05:00:12 pm »
I don't like the dude.  He is slimy. 
Keep him away from Trump.  Far away.

Yep! His ideas are as unkempt as his personal appearance. Trump needs to get rid of this guy.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 05:00:51 pm »
Alt Reich scum is Alt Reich scum no matter how hard the neo alinskyites try to manipulate Bannon into victim status.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 05:03:19 pm »
The man is a saint, a patriot, only liberals seem steamed off by him. A class act, former Naval officer.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 05:10:50 pm »
The man is a saint, a patriot, only liberals seem steamed off by him. A class act, former Naval officer.

Did you read his interview in The Hollywood Reporter?  Forget the source -- the post-election interview is obviously in his own words.

The guy isn't a Nazi, racist, or anti-Semitic -- his goal is actually to expand the GOP coalition to include minorities.   But he's not a conservative either.  From the article:

....He absolutely — mockingly — rejects the idea that this is a racial line. "I'm not a white nationalist, I'm a nationalist. I'm an economic nationalist," he tells me. "The globalists gutted the American working class and created a middle class in Asia. The issue now is about Americans looking to not get f—ed over. If we deliver" — by "we" he means the Trump White House — "we'll get 60 percent of the white vote, and 40 percent of the black and Hispanic vote and we'll govern for 50 years. That's what the Democrats missed. They were talking to these people with companies with a $9 billion market cap employing nine people. It's not reality. They lost sight of what the world is about."

In a nascent administration that seems, at best, random in its beliefs, Bannon can seem to be not just a focused voice, but almost a messianic one:
"Like [Andrew] Jackson's populism, we're going to build an entirely new political movement," he says. "It's everything related to jobs. The conservatives are going to go crazy. I'm the guy pushing a trillion-dollar infrastructure plan. With negative interest rates throughout the world, it's the greatest opportunity to rebuild everything. Ship yards, iron works, get them all jacked up. We're just going to throw it up against the wall and see if it sticks. It will be as exciting as the 1930s, greater than the Reagan revolution — conservatives, plus populists, in an economic nationalist movement."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steve-bannon-trump-tower-interview-trumps-strategist-plots-new-political-movement-948747

That being said, I still don't like the accusations of racism/anti-Semitism, which the (often anti-Semitic) left loves to toss at anyone they oppose.  But this guy's actual ideas are not something that most conservatives should be celebrating.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:23:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 05:44:23 pm »
Did you read his interview in The Hollywood Reporter?  Forget the source -- the post-election interview is obviously in his own words.

The guy isn't a Nazi, racist, or anti-Semitic -- his goal is actually to expand the GOP coalition to include minorities.   But he's not a conservative either.  From the article:

....He absolutely — mockingly — rejects the idea that this is a racial line. "I'm not a white nationalist, I'm a nationalist. I'm an economic nationalist," he tells me. "The globalists gutted the American working class and created a middle class in Asia. The issue now is about Americans looking to not get f—ed over. If we deliver" — by "we" he means the Trump White House — "we'll get 60 percent of the white vote, and 40 percent of the black and Hispanic vote and we'll govern for 50 years. That's what the Democrats missed. They were talking to these people with companies with a $9 billion market cap employing nine people. It's not reality. They lost sight of what the world is about."

In a nascent administration that seems, at best, random in its beliefs, Bannon can seem to be not just a focused voice, but almost a messianic one:
"Like [Andrew] Jackson's populism, we're going to build an entirely new political movement," he says. "It's everything related to jobs. The conservatives are going to go crazy. I'm the guy pushing a trillion-dollar infrastructure plan. With negative interest rates throughout the world, it's the greatest opportunity to rebuild everything. Ship yards, iron works, get them all jacked up. We're just going to throw it up against the wall and see if it sticks. It will be as exciting as the 1930s, greater than the Reagan revolution — conservatives, plus populists, in an economic nationalist movement."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steve-bannon-trump-tower-interview-trumps-strategist-plots-new-political-movement-948747

That being said, I still don't like the accusations of racism/anti-Semitism, which the (often anti-Semitic) left loves to toss at anyone they oppose.  But this guy's actual ideas are not something that most conservatives should be celebrating.

Yes, Trump is likely the most liberal Republican ever on economic issues,  I don't appreciate all of his foreign policies stances either but I hope stalwart Republicans like Pence and Sessions can reel him in.

But he still intends, to seal up the border, fight terrorism, preserve the nation's Christian heritage that took a beating for 8 years and the most pro-life Republican to ever be on the ticket is Mike Pence.

Trump likely will be somewhat non-interventionist; his platform also mirrors much of what Pat Buchanan campaigned on and has written about for years.

Sometimes, mean-spirited hyperbole by others might cause me to add in some hyperbole as well.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 05:54:09 pm »
Sometimes, mean-spirited hyperbole by others might cause me to add in some hyperbole as well.

I understand using hyperbole to respond to hyperbole.  That almost seems to be the grease that keeps the wheels running here.

But on the specific issue of Bannon himself, it is extremely unfortunate that it has become nothing more than an "alt-right" debate.  The core problem with the guy is that he's not an economic conservative at all, but nobody seems to be paying any attention to that.

I'm mystified as to how what he said in that interview has slipped under the radar of so many people.