Author Topic: Securing the Navy. The focus must be on people, not politics  (Read 745 times)

rangerrebew

Securing the Navy. The focus must be on people, not politics
« on: November 21, 2016, 12:55:43 pm »
Securing the Navy

The focus must be on people, not politics

Print
By Robert Charles - - Sunday, November 20, 2016

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

One has to wonder what is going on inside the U.S. Navy. A recent survey of U.S. Navy personnel delivered sobering news to out-going Obama Navy leadership. In arresting phrases, the September 2016 survey found that sailors are “increasingly unhappy with lengthy deployments, high operational tempo, and calls to reduce pay and benefits,” and not interested in being pawns on a political correctness chessboard. That is not what they signed up for.

Specifically, the survey found, “Sailors are most likely to leave uniformed service because of poor work/life balance, low servicewide morale. waning desire to hold senior leadership positions, and a widespread distrust of senior leadership, all of which erodes loyalty to the institution.”

Wow. Now, there is a shot across the bow, if ever there was one. At a time when more is being asked of Navy personnel, as they are made tip of the spear globally, and when Navy morale must be high in order to deter and defeat state and non-state terrorism, adventurism and regional territory grabbing, they are not in a good frame of mind.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/20/securing-the-navy/
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:56:50 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Securing the Navy. The focus must be on people, not politics
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 05:19:23 pm »
Securing the Navy

The focus must be on people, not politics

Print
By Robert Charles - - Sunday, November 20, 2016

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

One has to wonder what is going on inside the U.S. Navy. A recent survey of U.S. Navy personnel delivered sobering news to out-going Obama Navy leadership. In arresting phrases, the September 2016 survey found that sailors are “increasingly unhappy with lengthy deployments, high operational tempo, and calls to reduce pay and benefits,” and not interested in being pawns on a political correctness chessboard. That is not what they signed up for.

Specifically, the survey found, “Sailors are most likely to leave uniformed service because of poor work/life balance, low servicewide morale. waning desire to hold senior leadership positions, and a widespread distrust of senior leadership, all of which erodes loyalty to the institution.”

Wow. Now, there is a shot across the bow, if ever there was one. At a time when more is being asked of Navy personnel, as they are made tip of the spear globally, and when Navy morale must be high in order to deter and defeat state and non-state terrorism, adventurism and regional territory grabbing, they are not in a good frame of mind.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/20/securing-the-navy/

It would help enormously to appoint someone like Admiral McRaven as the new Secretary of the Navy to replace that anti-military fool Mabus.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:27:37 pm »
It would help enormously to appoint someone like Admiral McRaven as the new Secretary of the Navy to replace that anti-military fool Mabus.

I wonder if the good folks in Mississippi now regret ever electing that damnfool Mabus to office?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 07:33:30 pm »
I wonder if the good folks in Mississippi now regret ever electing that damnfool Mabus to office?

Well, he did what Obama wanted, so if it wouldn't have been Mabus, he'd have picked someone else.  Maybe Demi Moore because of her "military experience"....

I'm just glad Mabus will be gone in 60 days.  Any change would be an improvement at this point.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:34:21 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

geronl

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 08:38:18 pm »
The focus should be on the mission

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 08:50:18 pm »
The focus should be on the mission

I think the left disagrees with us about what that mission should be.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:50:42 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 10:55:05 pm »
I think the left disagrees with us about what that mission should be.

The left don't think there should even be a military let alone a mission.