Author Topic: Sen. Rand Paul: Romney for State an 'Even-Keel' Pick - NewsMax  (Read 746 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sen. Rand Paul: Romney for State an 'Even-Keel' Pick - NewsMax
« on: November 20, 2016, 11:52:04 pm »
Sen. Rand Paul: Romney for State an 'Even-Keel' Pick

By Cathy Burke   |   Sunday, 20 Nov 2016 12:02 PM

There'll be a "very close vote" in Senate confirmation hearings for President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for Secretary of State – and it could go against either John Bolton or Rudy Giuliani, Sen. Rand Paul said Sunday.

In an interview on CBS News' "Face The Nation," the Kentucky Republican said Mitt Romney would be a more "even-keel" pick for the selection of the nation's top diplomat.

"I think Giuliani and Bolton are out there on the extreme," he said. "You don't want someone throwing bombs or advocating regime change. Both Bolton and Giuliani have advocated for regime change in Iran, and that doesn't sound like diplomacy. That sounds like war."

"It's a very close vote" in the Senate in the confirmation process Paul said.

More At: http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/rand-paul-mitt-romney-good-pick-not-giuliani/2016/11/20/id/759864/

Offline libertybele

Re: Sen. Rand Paul: Romney for State an 'Even-Keel' Pick - NewsMax
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 02:16:16 am »
...hmm...I like Romney, I'm just not so sure he has the experience needed for Secretary of State; he was governor for 4 years and prior to that a businessman.  He certainly has the charisma, demeanor and foresight needed for the position and correctly predicted the immense threat that Russia and Putin pose to our country. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 02:38:42 am »
The transition team is probably looking at this and decided to float Romney's name.

Looking at different comments on this, SOS is so important.

They might be looking at:
Bolton, too hawkish
Giuliani, ditto according to Rand Paul; I do not know that much about it myself.
Romney...

So, while some folks don't like Mitt in that position, it could come down to, well, if not Mitt, whom?  There might not be that many choices.

These are the important decisions, it is kind of amusing to see folks talking so much about SNL and fashion designers and so forth.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:39:32 am by TomSea »

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 03:20:51 am »
  Gov. Romney is a sell-out.

I could never support him in anything, it's not just that's he's another NE Liberal, there's that other 'M' thing...

Unless Trump tells him to Fix the VA, he's got a Track record at fixing Bureaucracy crap, but if comes to anything Conservative or Social Conscience, he's a snake.

Bolton's the Guy for State, but Trump won't pull the trigger.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.