Author Topic: The real reason Rand Paul opposes John Bolton for secretary of state - Washington Post  (Read 758 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt, Washington Post:

The real reason Rand Paul opposes John Bolton for secretary of state

By Marc A. Thiessen November 16

Perhaps Paul’s opposition to Bolton may have something to do with this ad that an organization founded by Bolton, the Foundation for American Security and Freedom, ran against Paul during the GOP primaries. The ad shows an American family sitting down for dinner when a nuclear bomb goes off and wipes them out — and then cuts to a video of Paul declaring at a campaign event that “our national security is not threatened by Iran having one nuclear weapon.” The ad concludes with the picture a mushroom cloud rising and the tag line “It only takes one.”

You can see the ad here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBSlns7DwZQ

Ouch.

Bolton also had choice words for Paul when they clashed over renewal of the Patriot Act, which Paul claimed was unconstitutional. As Bolton said of Paul in a Fox News interview, “He’s flatly wrong, and I don’t think he’d recognize the framers of the Constitution if he ran into them in the hallway.”

Full Article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/11/16/the-real-reason-rand-paul-opposes-john-bolton-for-secretary-of-state/?utm_term=.4f50975d9886

-------------

Actually, an insightful article from WaPo and it makes sense.

Offline Frank Cannon

Bolton wants to go to war with everyone for everything. He should be nowhere near the new regime.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bolton wants to go to war with everyone for everything. He should be nowhere near the new regime.

I certainly have my questions about him.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I guess you see something in him that I don't.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!