Author Topic: Trump Blasts 'Saturday Night Live' as 'One-Sided Biased Show,' Asks 'Equal Time for Us?'  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
David Caplan
ABC News
November 20, 2016

President-elect Trump weighed in on this weekend's 'Saturday Night Live' show that had Alec Baldwin playing him, tweeting , "It is a totally one-sided, biased show - nothing funny at all. Equal time for us?"

Saturday's show was marked by the return of Alec Baldwin, who played candidate Donald Trump before the election, in his debut as the president-elect.

The episode's cold open (below, in its entirety) -- set at Trump National Golf Club in New Jersey, where Trump is holding meetings this weekend -- kicked off with Baldwin's Trump telling Kate McKinnon's Kellyanne Conway, Trump's campaign manager, that he could not have won the election without her.

"I think about that every day," she says, sighing. (McKinnon's legendary portrayal of Hillary Clinton was absent from the episode.)
More

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
What a freaking crybaby.

Is he really suggesting a “fairness doctrine” for comedy?

FWIW I thought it was funny especially Kate McKinnon's Kellyanne Conway.

And FWIW there was a skit making fun of liberals which was good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOb-kmOgpI

The Target skit was pretty funny too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnzRFyOMD4U

And he was also back to Tweeting about Hamilton again this morning, demanding an apology.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  9h9 hours ago
The cast and producers of Hamilton, which I hear is highly overrated, should immediately apologize to Mike Pence for their terrible behavior

Really?

His inability to let it go is keeping it in the news and not in the way he probably thinks.

And just a bit later, praise for Chuck Schumer.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  7h7 hours ago
I have always had a good relationship with Chuck Schumer. He is far smarter than Harry R and has the ability to get things done. Good news!

**nononono*

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Oh, and I guess Trump doesn't watch South Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usrgPokuTG0

:silly:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online LMAO

@Neverdul

Don't give them any ideas
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Oceander

@Neverdul

Don't give them any ideas

Don't worry, His Orangeness will take care of them - he's got something much better than libel suits now, he has the power of the federal executive.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
May as well accept it with good nature and move on. Getting into a fight with SNL is a losing proposition.

Offline Frank Cannon

Joe Piscapo trashed the hell out of Reagan when he was elected. Portrayed him as an angry nut job. This Baldwin skit wasn't a fraction of that.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What a freaking crybaby.

FWIW I thought it was funny especially Kate McKinnon's Kellyanne Conway.

And FWIW there was a skit making fun of liberals which was good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOb-kmOgpI

The Target skit was pretty funny too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnzRFyOMD4U

And he was also back to Tweeting about Hamilton again this morning, demanding an apology.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  9h9 hours ago
The cast and producers of Hamilton, which I hear is highly overrated, should immediately apologize to Mike Pence for their terrible behavior

Really?

His inability to let it go is keeping it in the news and not in the way he probably thinks.

And just a bit later, praise for Chuck Schumer.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  7h7 hours ago
I have always had a good relationship with Chuck Schumer. He is far smarter than Harry R and has the ability to get things done. Good news!

**nononono*

He is showing the bad judgment we all talked about.  Giving praise to Schumer.  What a joke.  His Cabinet choices seem alright for the most part.  Hopefully he won't interfere with their wisdom to do the job he appointed them to do.

Donald can't take any criticism.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Silver Pines

Trump's going to need a babysitter for the next four years...someone who'll slap him upside the head and yell, "You're the freaking President of the United States!  Now act like it!"

Offline Cripplecreek

Trump's going to need a babysitter for the next four years...someone who'll slap him upside the head and yell, "You're the freaking President of the United States!  Now act like it!"

I'd like to apply for the job.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
David Caplan
ABC News
November 20, 2016
More

The bubble skit last night skewered liberals like nothing i have seen from SNL in ages.  Still the overall bias could gag a maggot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2zzOfg5dYw
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

I'm living in a van down by the river.   Can some one tell me what this thread is all about?

Silver Pines

Offline Cripplecreek

Lmao

We could hold a raffle for the job of smacking Trump upside the head and pay down the national debt.

Offline Night Hides Not

I thought the Anderson Cooper/Westworld skit was hilarious.

I was a senior in college when SNL began. Chevy Chase was always nasty towards President Ford. It's what SNL does, Trump better get used to it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
What are the odds trump isn't a national embarrassment and I don't end up ashamed to tell people I voted for him in four years?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:31:37 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Silver Pines

We could hold a raffle for the job of smacking Trump upside the head and pay down the national debt.

Done in record time, LOL.

Online corbe

What are the odds trump isn't a national embarrassment and I don't end up ashamed to tell people I voted for him in four years?

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I wouldn't take that Bet.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.