Author Topic: Schumer Says Democrats Will Fight Trump 'Tooth and Nail'  (Read 556 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Schumer Says Democrats Will Fight Trump 'Tooth and Nail'
« on: November 20, 2016, 06:21:49 pm »
Incoming Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer said Sunday that President-elect Donald Trump and the Republicans controlling Congress do not have a mandate to implement their agenda.

“Democrats got a majority of the popular vote," Schumer said on ABC's This Week. "So it's not a mandate."

The New York Democrat pledged to fight Trump and the Republican majority "tooth and nail."

"When he's opposed to our values, we're going to go after him tooth and nail," Schumer said. "For instance, we're not going to let him repeal Dodd-Frank or the rules we put in place to limit Wall Street. They're going to regret the day they try to repeal the [Affordable Care Act]."

"So when we oppose Trump on values or this presidency takes a dark divisive turn, we're going to do it tooth and nail," he added...

Read more at: http://www.weeklystandard.com/schumer-says-democrats-will-fight-trump-tooth-and-nail/article/2005477
The Republic is lost.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Schumer Says Democrats Will Fight Trump 'Tooth and Nail'
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 08:46:22 pm »
Yeah, Chuckie, get even more strident and foam at the mouth a bit more.  That'll convince us to agree with you...
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Re: Schumer Says Democrats Will Fight Trump 'Tooth and Nail'
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 09:04:25 pm »
Somebody might want to clue in Trump.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  7h7 hours ago
I have always had a good relationship with Chuck Schumer. He is far smarter than Harry R and has the ability to get things done. Good news!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/800339165829283840?lang=en
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause