Author Topic: For Crucial Swing Voters, Jobs is Always Issue Number One  (Read 498 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
For Crucial Swing Voters, Jobs is Always Issue Number One
« on: November 20, 2016, 06:03:05 pm »
 WARREN MICH. - For voters here in this blue-collar suburb of Detroit, presidential elections are always about one thing - jobs.

Macomb County, birthplace of the "Reagan Democrats," voted for Barack Obama for president in both 2008 and 2012. This year, it went big for Donald Trump - 54 percent to 42 percent for Democrat Hillary Clinton.

And it was not alone. Throughout the Industrial Midwest, blue-collar suburban counties "flipped" in 2016. They were crucial to President-elect Trump's wins in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin.

What they want is clear -- restore the region's economy.

"I felt that Trump was going to bring the jobs back into the U.S., that was my whole thing. And he was going to try and close the borders so we don't have so many jobs going out of the country" says Kenneth Lombardo, who is in a job retraining program at Macomb Community College. He's an Obama-turned-Trump voter. ...

Read more at: http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/crucial-swing-voters-jobs-always-issue-number-one-n686431
The Republic is lost.

Offline Suppressed

Re: For Crucial Swing Voters, Jobs is Always Issue Number One
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 06:13:20 pm »
Yup.  Trump promised to raise the cost of living of every Amercantile to but specific jobs as above market wages, and it worked.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: For Crucial Swing Voters, Jobs is Always Issue Number One
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 06:16:20 pm »
Yup.  Trump promised to raise the cost of living of every Amercantile to but specific jobs as above market wages, and it worked.

Promises he won't be able to keep and the voters who bought them will abandon him in 4 years.