Author Topic: Jack Keane declined offer to be Defense secretary: report  (Read 423 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jack Keane declined offer to be Defense secretary: report
« on: November 20, 2016, 05:29:57 pm »
Jack Keane declined offer to be Defense secretary: report
By Rebecca Savransky - 11/20/16 12:14 PM EST

Retired four-star Army Gen. Jack Keane said he was offered the position of secretary of Defense in Donald Trump's administration, but declined, NPR reported.

"I was asked to serve, but I'm not able to," Keane told NPR.

"I have some personal issues surrounding the death of my wife recently, and I explained all that to Mr. Trump, and he was very gracious and understanding, and quite supportive."

Keane's wife died in June after battling Parkinson's Disease.

Keane, who visited Trump Tower on Thursday, said he recommended retired Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis and former CIA Director David Petraeus for the position.

Trump on Sunday praised Mattis.

"General James 'Mad Dog' Mattis, who is being considered for Secretary of Defense, was very impressive yesterday," he tweeted.

"A true General's General!"

The president-elect has been meeting with several potential Cabinet appointments since his victory.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/306946-jack-keane-declined-offer-to-be-defense-secretary-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34