Author Topic: Saudi intellectual: Arabs block civilization  (Read 618 times)

rangerrebew

Saudi intellectual: Arabs block civilization
« on: November 20, 2016, 03:07:29 pm »
Saudi intellectual: Arabs block civilization
Ibrahim Albleahy says historical Arab thoughts or achievements were actually taken from the Greeks. (Supplied)
By Fahad Suleiman Shoqiran
Al Arabiya Sunday, 20 November 2016
Text size A A A

Considered as one of Saudi Arabia’s most liberal writers, Ibrahim Albleahy once said that Arabs have not contributed anything to modern civilization. He said that any historical Arab thoughts or achievements were actually taken from the Greeks.

In an in-depth interview with Al Arabiya’s Fahad al-Shoqiran, Albleahy blames the failure of Arab societies to develop and innovate on their refusal to learn from other civilizations or to criticize the principles of their own society.

Aside from his role in Saudi Arabia’s Shoura Council, Albleahy is involved in a variety of organizations in Saudi civil society. He has also written a book titled The Qualitative Changes in Human Civilization.

Below is an edited version of al-Shoqiran’s interview with Albleahy.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/gulf/2016/11/20/Saudi-intellectual-Arabs-block-civilization.html
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 03:08:12 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Saudi intellectual: Arabs block civilization
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 03:12:16 pm »
Duh!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

Re: Saudi intellectual: Arabs block civilization
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 03:20:07 pm »
Duh!!!

Duh to us but probably heresy to most muslims.